Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's when you stick a hot rock into your soup bowl. Those are cold foods served on cold rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/GB3mVwf.mp4

Wanna some try some rusty barrel hepatitis flavored ice cream?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

yeah I do

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hell yeah I do.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
How does that give you more hepatitis than the guy at cold stone scratching his butt?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

maybe the rocks are meant to just soak up heat and keep your food hot?

we have invented domesticated rocks that do that they are called "plates"

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'd end up eating one of the rocks by accident.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Rock thing seems insane but I have had stuff in China that was just an inedible object covered in a sauce you sucked off. Like chicken spines with chili oil on them. There's nothing to actually eat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

like I said, sauce delivery systems

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
At that point why not just put the sauce in a bowl and give you a spoon

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I know it's a cliche to grow older and not understand what the yoof are doing but I'm convinced societal trends are extra stupid these days. Fuckin boba man, why

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Butterfly Valley posted:

I know it's a cliche to grow older and not understand what the yoof are doing but I'm convinced societal trends are extra stupid these days. Fuckin boba man, why

Our society has been infiltrated by a race of alien amphibians who are used to consuming the egg sacs of their rivals as a display of virility.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

He was cool and had a jetpack, and has been coasting off that impression ever since.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Boba rules, try new things. Eat the balls.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Chewing tapioca pearls is fun, and I bet chewing a huge one would also be fun. Probably not 40 huge ones though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I don't drink boba tea cause it's WAY too sweet for me.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I only drink booba tea.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Boba tea deez nuts

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Big boba balls

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/ScarredForLife2/status/1668603051693817856

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

and i can take a look up a steer's rear end to get a look at the t-bone but i'd rather take the label's word for it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

Boba Tea is probably more popular with 30-40 year olds, it seems like it got popular in the later 00s to early 10s

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Yeah bubble tea might seem to have exploded in popularity recently in the West but. looking into it it's apparently been a thing since at least the mid 80s in Taiwan and a bunch of East Asian territories

My local mall here on the west coast US has had a shop for at least the last decade and a half

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Western market kept trying to gently caress with the formula to make it more popular. You remember Bawlz, right?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Meanwhile, in China:
https://twitter.com/TheCartelDel/status/1668512652233179138

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

KataraniSword posted:

The Western market kept trying to gently caress with the formula to make it more popular. You remember Bawlz, right?
I think you're thinking of Orbitz, the soda fruit drink with balls in it made by the Clearly Canadian people.

Bawls is just an energy drink with little raised bumps on the blue bottle for gamers to grip

I actually just picked up a six pack of their ginger ale, it's really good lmao

stringless has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Jun 13, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I need this for an incredibly specific reason holy poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The guarantee or the stuff in the tins?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Not sure why but I hope this is a still from a TV ad

vvv oh my god laffo vvv

root beer has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Jun 13, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Not sure why but I hope this is a still from a TV ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSE1sJ1bxLQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

also the comments in that thread are some high purity salt

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Runa posted:

lmao

also the comments in that thread are some high purity salt

To be fair salt and fat are about all the flavours they're used to

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I posted an article about that earlier.

https://radii.co/article/white-people-food-trend-china

It's mainly about :effort:. The most ironic part of the trend is that since raw vegetables are one of the easier things to just throw in a bag without any preparation, they're finding health benefits from that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who's ready for some slop

https://twitter.com/wcbeergeek/status/1668440206327025664

No followup, I assume they have died

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Jun 14, 2023

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who's ready for some slop

https://twitter.com/wcbeergeek/status/1668440206327025664

No followup, I assume they have died

That looks like barf. I puked that up the last time I barfed and I only eat the salt and mayo in that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mayonnaise to moisten? There are no dry ingredients. It's all very moist already. How moist do you need it to be?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Facebook Aunt posted:

Mayonnaise to moisten? There are no dry ingredients. It's all very moist already. How moist do you need it to be?!?

The salt draws all the moisture out