Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

FX, short for Fox Extended, is owned by Disney. Not to be confused with FS1, short for Fox Sports 1, is owned by Fox. Fox is not owned by Disney. Also don’t confuse FS1 with FSI, short for Fox Sports International, which is owned by Disney.

Got it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gonz posted:

WWE and It’s Always Sunny crossover.

Maybe get Timothy Olyphant to show up too, as Raylan Givens.

Raylan shooting Vince would be sick

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tbf the whole Disney/Fox acquisition thing is kind of a confusing clusterfuck where a bunch of stuff didn’t actually go to Disney and yet more stuff actually went to different third party buyers while a little core of poo poo remained with a new and separate Fox.

the fallout is why tony khan owns roh

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The fox/disney contract situation is a work

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Raylan shooting Vince would be sick

Now I want to see Boyd Crowder take over Vince’s position.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonz posted:

Now I want to see Boyd Crowder take over Vince’s position.

Boyd is too moral to have anything to do with this company

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lolling remembering how triple h was forced to stop hanging out with ric flair and it played out exactly like the episode of simpsons where milhouse cant hang out with bart

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FX is a good channel.

I can't imagine that USA doesn't keep Raw though. Smackdown I can see moving.

Nobody cares about NXT so whatever

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

NXT is still one of USA's best performing shows, right?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Power Windows posted:

NXT is still one of USA's best performing shows, right?

Scanning the past couple weeks, WWE and NXT are their only shows that reach the Top 50 cable shows on any night of the week. So yeah, it's the #2 performing show on the network.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

"Vince, didn't you let Cody take the titles off Roman?"

"We didn't dig coal".

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Astro7x posted:

Scanning the past couple weeks, WWE and NXT are their only shows that reach the Top 50 cable shows on any night of the week. So yeah, it's the #2 performing show on the network.

Original airing of a show*

We dunno how reruns of Law and Order compare

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Original airing of a show*

We dunno how reruns of Law and Order compare

The top episode did about the same as NXT on the latest week posted here:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 12, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

FX is a good channel.

I can't imagine that USA doesn't keep Raw though. Smackdown I can see moving.

Nobody cares about NXT so whatever

FX has some great shows but it's mostly just edited for cable movies and syndicated sitcoms like every other cable channel.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What’s even on FX except for always sunny

Or is that on that FXX or FFX or whatever the gently caress I don’t really know the channels I just know the bumpers and station idents on the dailymotions or wherever

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Or is that on that FXX or FFX or whatever the gently caress I don’t really know the channels I just know the bumpers and station idents on the dailymotions or wherever

Mayans is on FX, but it's ending. I think the XFL was on it a few times.

Sunny is on FXX last I checked.

On one hand FX could become The Wrestling Channel without losing or sacrificing anything. On the other hand it's a lot of money to spend on trying and make FX a "real" station again. It'd obviously be a humongous step down for WWE if Smackdown moved there.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

what we do in the shadows is on FX and consistently one of the best shows on television

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WWDITS is great, yeah, can’t believe I forgot that. Too many people do that bullshit “but I don’t want to ruin the memories of the movie for myself” thing and refuse to watch it, it beats the piss out of the movie imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What We Do in the Shadows
American Horror Story
Fargo

Next month they also premiere a Justified sequel miniseries

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the one perfect season of Terriers was on FX

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

WWDITS is great, yeah, can’t believe I forgot that. Too many people do that bullshit “but I don’t want to ruin the memories of the movie for myself” thing and refuse to watch it, it beats the piss out of the movie imo

The movie is great but the show has undeniably surpassed it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its finished now but Atlanta was also on FX

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new justified looks sick tbh

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

For those missing it, Charlotte is having a meltdown on social media over the intense amount of backlash she's getting over being inserted right into the title picture again. Even quoting THAT Triple H promo that ended up causing WWE to suffer a steep decline in popularity.

https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1667955821907677184

Keep in mind she's supposed to be a babyface!!!!

Charlotte Flair whenever a new belt is introduced

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

haunted bong posted:

Charlotte Flair whenever a new belt is introduced

im just jokin!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

new justified looks sick tbh

:agreed:

Their shows aren't bad for the most part (obv American Horror Story is an exception for over half its run now), there just aren't a lot of them anymore since Disney bought Fox

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Shield is the granddaddy of prestige cable dramas

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You’re thinking of The Bloodline, same main guy though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I read a thread today from I guess the guy who made the show? About how the LAPD loving HAAAAATED The Shield and threatened to sue over a bunch of insanely petty poo poo, and as somebody who loves Law and Order but hates how much of a cop dickrider Dick Wolf is, it kinda made me wanna go check it out.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the shield is the only show with a good ending

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MJeff posted:

I read a thread today from I guess the guy who made the show? About how the LAPD loving HAAAAATED The Shield and threatened to sue over a bunch of insanely petty poo poo, and as somebody who loves Law and Order but hates how much of a cop dickrider Dick Wolf is, it kinda made me wanna go check it out.

it was inspired by the scandal from their anti-gang task force so I'm not surprised

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, the dude said "season 4 is about how cops fund their departments by using civil forfeiture to steal from citizens" and I was like this sounds like the best loving cop show ever what the gently caress.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I think it was the guy who made either The Shield or The Wire, who had Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder,.say something like "you need to keep on making more seasons of that show", and he replied with something like "how about you fix the broken legal system and address the injustices and corruption in police departments across the country first"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MJeff posted:

Like, the dude said "season 4 is about how cops fund their departments by using civil forfeiture to steal from citizens" and I was like this sounds like the best loving cop show ever what the gently caress.

It's got some stuff that aged like milk and the way it handles some things is very of it's time, but I really enjoy The Shield still so count this as another rec. Some great performances all through the series.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Lem & Ronnie :cry:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alaois posted:

the one perfect season of Terriers was on FX

FX should take all the money they might be willing to give WWE and make 10 more seasons of Terriers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

Is that UFC belt just some way to sell more stuff to belt marks? The whole customized for each title holder, gems for wins thing seems gimmicky.

originally every time a ufc champion successfully defended their title they got an additional belt, so they could at their home display all of their successful championship matches. but they only did this for some fighters not everyone. eventually demetrious johnson asked if he could get a belt for all of his defenses, so they fed ex'd him his 9 belts and then introduced this new title where instead of a brand new belt every title defense you just get an extra gem affixed to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also the best show on FX is the first season of Fargo.