Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Yes that's what the post you quoted is explaining. Fortify doesn't do anything until it exceeds your health, which makes you "fortified" and puts the armor border around your health bar. You don't need a full fortify bar, just more than your current health.

p sure you only get the armor border around the healthbar signifying you're finally Fortified (and Healthy) once both bars are completely full. Sure for Overpower a partially filled second bar does work into its equation, but for the purpose of investing into Paragon nodes that make you deal more damage while fortified, I couldn't make it worth it since the second fortify never stays full and always slowly goes down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This was my third unique. I was already running a very satisfying vuln-bleed build and this just made it better. I think? I'm still learning the itemization.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

American McGay posted:

Sell or salvage them and you'll get the gems back for free.

hey now

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

…over 5 million of those vanquishings were at the hands of the Butcher.

lmao god bless the butcher

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

One good reason why Necro is the best I thought about just now is that I killed the Butcher in one hit in a tier 35 dungeon last night.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

p sure you only get the armor border around the healthbar signifying you're finally Fortified (and Healthy) once both bars are completely full. Sure for Overpower a partially filled second bar does work into its equation, but for the purpose of investing into Paragon nodes that make you deal more damage while fortified, I couldn't make it worth it since the second fortify never stays full and always slowly goes down.

Fortify and Healthy are completely unrelated mechanics. Healthy just means your current health is over 80%. You become "Fortified" once your fortify amount is equal to or higher than your current health, regardless of how much health you have. That's when you get the armor bar around your health, and when your damage reduction from fortify applies. You can test this by gaining Fortify at partial health then using a health potion, it will remove your Fortify bonus as soon as your health exceeds the Fortify bar.

e: also thanks for posting this because I went in-game to make sure I was right and got the werebear unique chest off a treasure goblin finally, appreciate it

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
163 people have hit hardcore level cap in a week + early access? Called it. Aside from the sheer grind they've made 50-100 there's just the stark drop off in player interest in the mode. Still time to get on that statue, lads.

zoux posted:

Lorath all “It stinks in here of evil necromancy” I’m like hey gently caress you pal

walking into the church of the holy light to talk to the pope and she's like "who're your four skinny friends" and I'm sweating bullets as ten linebackers in heavy plate start to make a circle around us

they're the help, you know how little peasants get to eat every day, hahahahahaha

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Doomykins posted:

163 people have hit hardcore level cap in a week + early access? Called it. Aside from the sheer grind they've made 50-100 there's just the stark drop off in player interest in the mode. Still time to get on that statue, lads.

Turns out they probably could've let all the beta streamlords compete too and still have room on that statue

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

…over 5 million of those vanquishings were at the hands of the Butcher.

lmao god bless the butcher

Been visited a few times now. At this point I just stand there and let him kill me to get it over with.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Gadzuko posted:

Yes that's what the post you quoted is explaining. Fortify doesn't do anything until it exceeds your health, which makes you "fortified" and puts the armor border around your health bar. You don't need a full fortify bar, just more than your current health.
Also note that, while basic fortify only gives you 10% DR, any other "% damage reduced by fortified" stack, so you can easily get a very noticeable amount of DR just with sapphires. It's especially important when pushing high T4 (cause % DR scales way better than extra life as a socket bonus when the enemies are hitting for 5+ digits unreduced damage).

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

acumen posted:

Turns out they probably could've let all the beta streamlords compete too and still have room on that statue

Everyone who has played hardcore before knew this, but Gamers need something to yell about

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I don't think I saw this mentioned but we did spend most of Act 4 reforging Astaroth's soulstone for Lilith because these things have to be personalized, right? But then we got to Mephisto and that didn't seem to matter anymore?

Also count me as another big fan of the strongholds. I'm only 51 though so there's still a lot I haven't seen.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

smug jeebus posted:

I don't think I saw this mentioned but we did spend most of Act 4 reforging Astaroth's soulstone for Lilith because these things have to be personalized, right? But then we got to Mephisto and that didn't seem to matter anymore?

Also count me as another big fan of the strongholds. I'm only 51 though so there's still a lot I haven't seen.

I assume because they attuned the soulstone to hatred, it works for both of them

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

American McGay posted:

Not when you're attacking 400 times per second. You skills also each have their own inherent LHC value, which gets added to your gear number. So with Storm Strike and 15% gear you have a 50% lucky hit chance.

Couple pages ago but this is wrong I believe. All of the lucky hit mods on gear are multiplicative with whatever your skill's default lucky hit chance is. So whether or not you want to stack lucky hit mods on your items really comes down to what skill you are using since some have a pretty good base chance and others are awful for some reason.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 12, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Shredder posted:

switch to t3 you'll get better loot

I only beat the story today. Finished at 52.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Giving another vote to "side quests sometimes are main story levels of quality" - the Heretic series in Hawezar, surrounding Aneta, are freaking cool. I highly recommend you do them. Can't wait for new ones!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Definitely hitting a wall around lvl 66 with my lightning sorc, question is do i just dick around trying to farm a new unique for another build or just swap over completely now?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hawezar and Scosglen feel like they got the better quest writers assigned to them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/diablo-4-generated-666-million-in-revenue-since-launch-333458?webhook

lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:black101:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The rogue preview had an early version of barrage with the projectiles going in the same direction. Is that still in available, maybe as an aspect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrLZ4yETHI&t=189s

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 12, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not sure how many people were aware of this but it's impossible or much less likely to get certain affixes based on your class, even if they'd be applicable to your build. For example, Lucky Hit Chance While You Have a Barrier can only be rolled on Helms and Sources as a Sorcerer.

https://d4builds.gg/database/gear-affixes/

https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/147lup4/pro_tip_you_can_use_alts_to_enchant_stats_on_your/

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Logging in today, the Druid I’m leveling suddenly cannot stay alive at all. Every fight I get into I need to use at least one potion. Did they do something or did I inadvertently turn something off? Pulverize leveling build level 26.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Fortify and Healthy are completely unrelated mechanics. Healthy just means your current health is over 80%. You become "Fortified" once your fortify amount is equal to or higher than your current health, regardless of how much health you have. That's when you get the armor bar around your health, and when your damage reduction from fortify applies. You can test this by gaining Fortify at partial health then using a health potion, it will remove your Fortify bonus as soon as your health exceeds the Fortify bar.

e: also thanks for posting this because I went in-game to make sure I was right and got the werebear unique chest off a treasure goblin finally, appreciate it

Your welcome mama bear, and trying to get/stay at Fortify as a blood necro whose first healthbubble is almost always maxed is near impossible. Maybe it's meant to synergize with builds that are always in an Injured state since you only need like 1/3 of the Fortify bar to have it be more than your current health.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BurningBeard posted:

I actually don't agree with the difficulty remarks here. While leveling bosses are a huge pain in the rear end for a melee character, just for one. I imagine you can build past a lot of that, but if your damage output is lower than it should be or if you are forced to go into close range, it really doesn't matter if it's the first tier or not. I'm not saying it's brutally difficult or anything, and even though the game does scale you can probably build past some of this, but I think this take comes from an informed standpoint, and casual players don't know how they can mitigate these types of things because the conditional effects are so confusing.

It's a drat good thing we are dealing with an open world setup here or it would be a lot worse. But I gotta say I love that comparative lack of hand holding. Seriously, it can't be overstated how good it is to be able to level however you so choose even on a first playthrough. Yeah you're gonna want to finish the campaign eventually, but the when of that is entirely up to you for the most part and that is a really good thing, imho.

The boss levels scale though, no? I'm having Problems with the act 2 boss that mostly boil down to "I can either damage him quickly enough and die because I'm not constantly moving, or I can damage him slowly because I'm constantly moving and die to chip damage".

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Has anyone seen the +skill effects actually show up in the VFX?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Still haven't gotten the aspect I really need for my Pulverize Bear but I did get this and Earth Spike is a much better builder than Maul.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
G

Google Jeb Bush posted:

The boss levels scale though, no? I'm having Problems with the act 2 boss that mostly boil down to "I can either damage him quickly enough and die because I'm not constantly moving, or I can damage him slowly because I'm constantly moving and die to chip damage".

Yeah but you're illustrating my point. If it's too much of a kick in the balls or you'd like to face tank it, you'll need to compensate for the difficulty via gear as your proxy for power, rather than level. That's a dicey proposition because it's not as clear cut where your power break points are as compared to the scaling.

I like the scaling, FYI, because I'll take just about any wart in exchange for being able to easily play with friends

Comedy option. Level however the gently caress you want and go past 50. Then come back and do the campaign afterwords. World tier 1 doesn't scale above 50.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 12, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I will say, it takes me back to d2 Diablo and of course everyone's best friend LOOKING FOR BAAL? to have a regular ol bottom difficulty story boss giving me trouble

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I tried. The boys just can't hang in WT4.

skill issue imo

I haven't pushed deep into NMs because I'm working on renown but me and the boys are cruising around WT4 (helltides included) with no issues really. Large packs are annoying but bosses barely live through my ult. If I had the ring that gives them explosion attacks then packs might not even be a problem.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Seriously watch that Ghazzy video I posted earlier if you want to see how they perform in late end-game. You can totally use them. They're just not super great in comparison to other options at the moment.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

lmao T4 butcher. Sure, sure, let’s give him life regen or life steal and shields that pop up every three seconds. Also have him kite us sometimes? for… reasons? Just what he was missing!

(still no match for my 2,257 cooldowns barrier sorc, but took… a while)

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

Tiny Timbs posted:

Not sure how many people were aware of this but it's impossible or much less likely to get certain affixes based on your class, even if they'd be applicable to your build. For example, Lucky Hit Chance While You Have a Barrier can only be rolled on Helms and Sources as a Sorcerer.

https://d4builds.gg/database/gear-affixes/

https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/147lup4/pro_tip_you_can_use_alts_to_enchant_stats_on_your/
Someone in this thread recently recommended making an alt character, swapping gear, rerolling for the affix you need, and then swapping back.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone who disagrees with my posts can duel me in the dry steppes.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I tried a druid. Put a point into wolves. Wanted to try something else and when I unassigned the point they DIED! :unsmigghh:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sourdough Sam posted:

I tried a druid. Put a point into wolves. Wanted to try something else and when I unassigned the point they DIED! :unsmigghh:

You! You are the Diablo in Diablo IV!!

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

hell yeah sorcs

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1668373185853816832

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Off the strength of the beta probably lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sorc was the most popular class in D2 by a wide margin and Wiz was probably at least Top 2 in D3 as well. D4 Sorc, more like Needs More Work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Pylons posted:

Still haven't gotten the aspect I really need for my Pulverize Bear but I did get this and Earth Spike is a much better builder than Maul.

Agreed earth spike is way better, partic with extra attack speed.