Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
It's just the Nats fighting to get some of their base back from ACT. They have backed out of climate promises to try and get the farmers vote and now they are suggesting we need more white babies for the racist demographic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would simply import fully grown babies to fill any domestic needs eg workforce or taxbase rather than only now putting together a twenty year plan to achieve the same.

Unless we specifically need babies for the adrenochrome vats, or to use the state to prop up Fonterra's milk solids business arm.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Isn't it a one year course on top of any degree?

This or a three year BEd, so about $30k all up for the privilege of a career working long hours in a stressful, underpaid and undervalued job.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Content to Hover posted:

It's just the Nats fighting to get some of their base back from ACT. They have backed out of climate promises to try and get the farmers vote and now they are suggesting we need more white babies for the racist demographic.

yeah it's pretty telling how he's promoting babies and not immigration :thunk:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updat...ium=spinoff-app

quote:

In New Zealand there are a range of policies in place to encourage people to have children; the latest budget included an extension of state-funded childcare, and Working for Families tax credits are provided to people supporting children under the age of 18 while working.

insanely incorrect framing lol

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Also you have to pay out of pocket for a vasectomy

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Not to mention that you can't really have kids if you don't have a house to have them in.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im out there supplying emergency contraceptives and informing people about relatively new abortion services what are you guys doing to prevent kids other than never getting laid

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Deftly pulling out.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

letting the dogs sleep on the bed

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Never getting laid, I guess.

That or blowing my brains out with a 20 gauge, but the store got suspicious when they realised I don't own or work on anything that needs birdshot clearance so I guess I'm stuck here.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

echinopsis posted:

im out there supplying emergency contraceptives and informing people about relatively new abortion services what are you guys doing to prevent kids other than never getting laid

I'm on my third miscarriage for the year, does that count?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

gotta say if i or my husband got pregnant thatd be pretty amazing

(both cis)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Greens policy good.

1.5% tax on wealth held in trust, 2.5% tax on wealth over $2m. First $10k income tax free, other smaller tweaks to thresholds (33->35% from 75k, 39% kicks in at 120k, new top rate of 45% above 180k).

Effective tax rates here, compared to status quo:

All this will pay for an income guarantee of $385/week, replacing jobseekers benefit. I think there's a higher rate for the sickness/disability benefit? Abatement rate lowered and threshold substantially higher for both. They're also looking to expand ACC coverage bigly too.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Seeing a lot of people on twitter saying something along the lines of "I thought I was well-off, but the greens plan will actually be a tax cut for me" so they really stopped most people from having any valid complaint about it

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
How does it make y'all feel to see some actually good policy that could help lots of people will absolutely never be implemented...

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Not like I was going to vote for anyone else anyway, but it seems to be a really good policy. I don't like the way some headlines frame it as higher taxes, leaving it for people to read through to see that it just means on high incomes and most others will benefit. But if the media was at all neutral and honest we'd live in a much nicer world.

The thought of ACT with Seymour having any power at all is keeping me awake at nights.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xik posted:

How does it make y'all feel to see some actually good policy that could help lots of people will absolutely never be implemented...
This isn't my first election.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

It was genuinely a good enough policy to make me re-up my party membership, which I'd been considering resigning, so that's something. Not much else I can do to help, but I'll chuck some money at the campaign as and when I can.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think the 1.5% tax on trust assets with no threshold is going to be a tough sell because that impacts on all the family home + an investment rental property crowd, not just the top 0.7%, and that class has a fuckin death grip on this country's political discourse.

There'll also be the usual "well if you pay them that much, where's the incentive to work?" bullshit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If you pay them half the weekly cost of rent why would they want to work??

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

There'll also be the usual "well if you pay them that much, where's the incentive to work?" bullshit.

These jobs are so poo poo that if people weren't under threat of starvation and death no one would do them!

mweb
Mar 14, 2019
:five: :nsamad:

edit lol

mweb fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 12, 2023

mweb
Mar 14, 2019

Can I say how awesome it is that Rawshark has evaded police all the way in 2023. I imagine them somewhere, living their best life.

Isnt it awesome when they rubbed Cameron Slaters criminal face in the dirt and denied him work in the future

Where is Cameron Slater these days ? Irrelevant, hated, stroke-having, not much going on

Again I want to emphasize how cool it is Rawshark has evaded police and if they have got this far its likely they will never be caught, if they are that good at this. I just think the criminality that was involved was awesome and its awesome they got away with it, it sets an awesome precedent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

shut up rawshark

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

mweb posted:

Can I say how awesome it is that Rawshark has evaded police all the way in 2023. I imagine them somewhere, living their best life.

Isnt it awesome when they rubbed Cameron Slaters criminal face in the dirt and denied him work in the future

Where is Cameron Slater these days ? Irrelevant, hated, stroke-having, not much going on

Again I want to emphasize how cool it is Rawshark has evaded police and if they have got this far its likely they will never be caught, if they are that good at this. I just think the criminality that was involved was awesome and its awesome they got away with it, it sets an awesome precedent.

mweb posted:

It is 2023

Lets remember this basic truth and story to anyone not fully informed:

Rawshark remains free and uncaught by New Zealand Police after a lengthy and expensive investigation with multiple blunders such as raiding Nicky Hager's home. Rawshark has evaded capture for nearly 9 years after exfiltrating data from Cameron Slaters website and posting it on twitter.

Cameron got owned by Rawshark and denied future sources of work to do dirty politics stuff- there is no doubt he was caused financial distress.

Slater later had multiple strokes and then entered irrelevance, mainly after losing a few big lawsuits against him

Slater was New Zealand's own Alex Jones, and ultimately owned

mweb posted:

I just wanted to say I loved the idea that rawshark is out there alive and laughing somewhere , love to think it

You really got a thing about this huh? Are YOU rawshark?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Xik posted:

These jobs are so poo poo that if people weren't under threat of starvation and death no one would do them!
that is why the agricultural sector always wants to import labour.

mweb
Mar 14, 2019

BuckyDoneGun posted:

You really got a thing about this huh? Are YOU rawshark?

Every once in a while I guess I remember it and forget last time I posted about it, I can cool it dw. I do have animus towards that guy

But seriously , rawshark posted to Twitter and evaded police for 10+ years, exfil'd useful information, information that was so potent it didnt even get ignored by media. Interesting poo poo like this never happens

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Wouldn't risk doing that kind of thing myself, but I'm not too surprised that the nz police massively blundered an investigation that was slightly more complicated than tasing somebody or playing demo derby

mweb
Mar 14, 2019

On a lighter note,

I would get a tax cut under the Greens policy

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Chris Luxon: New Zealand is loving mid, with poo poo vibes and we need to get our rizz back.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Probably reads the thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xik posted:

also do we even trust the govt to use it wisely? unlikely

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was gonna get rich but this tax totally puts me off the idea of having money if the govt is gonna just take it and give it to shoplifters and ram raiders

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ubi without strict controls on rent increases is just subsidizing landlords

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
voting for the least worst like every election. feels great

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
newsroom named the rnz journalist lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

ubi without strict controls on rent increases is just subsidizing landlords

Correct but also exactly what the current benefit system does only with more hoop jumping. It's effectively a cut red tape policy lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

voting for the least worst like every election. feels great

kinda wish you could vote "no confidence" so at least you voted but didn't have to condone some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

'not proven'