Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is this a real thing? Friend sent this to me and I hate it.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/wellness/story/chs-nausea-stomach-pain-led-diagnosis-link-cannabis-99893434

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dad sends me an article about it like every other month. pretty sure its real but very very rare, and i suspect caused not just by weed itself but exacerbated by certain eating/hydration habits associated with stoners. but thats just like, my personal theory

like, its easy to get real high and just house an entire 9-serving bag of some salty snack and not realize it, and if you are doing that kind of thing every day and compounding that with not hydrating properly and being inactive etc. then its going to completely gently caress up your digestion

obviously, i dont know if all of the stoners who came down with this condition eat junk foods and sit around too much, the articles usually don't get into that. but i've known a lot of stoners.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 8, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

can only be stopped by quitting marijuana?? no thanks!!!!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has any weed shop anywhere in history accepted credit cards?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

it can happen but ive really only seen it in people housing those lovely shady vape juices

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I will sometimes get nauseous feeling if I'm like, chaining bowls in the big arizer and not eating for hours, but I think that's more "hosed up hunger pains" than legit imma-barf nausea

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yes there are actually two recorded cases of people dying from it, because they refused to stop smoking weed and kept throwing up so much that they died of dehydration.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29768651/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's largely attributed to the fact that weed these days is 10-100x more potent than it was back in the day that all the addiction/safety studies were done, so there's increasing prevalence of literal weed addiction (like actual physical withdrawal symptoms) particularly from people who hit super high potency dabs or extracts or whatever sciency poo poo all day, CHS, and other problems caused by overconsumption of super-high-potency weed that are now being observed and only recently starting to be studied, and the scientific consensus currently seems to be that modern weed potency makes it very dangerous for anyone under the age of 25 whose brain is still developing

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 8, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

In Pa they do

Or the one near me does

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Sunk Dunk posted:

I used my card in colorado. It was weird because they had to round up to the next $20 but gave me the difference back in cash.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

eddiewalker posted:

I used my card in colorado. It was weird because they had to round up to the next $20 but gave me the difference back in cash.

That's because they were technically acting as an ATM. If you used your debit it should have come out of your account like a withdraw, if a credit card then it would be a "cash advance" (usually a higher APR if I remember correctly).

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TheKub posted:

That's because they were technically acting as an ATM. If you used your debit it should have come out of your account like a withdraw, if a credit card then it would be a "cash advance" (usually a higher APR if I remember correctly).

yeah there's a store I used to go to in Washington that did this - you could use your debit/ATM card at the counter, they'd round up the balance and give back cash

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

TheKub posted:

dang if they aren't clear and up front about that, that is some bullshit right there

i think, too, that cash advances on credit cards start accruing & compounding interest immediately instead of at the start of the next cycle like a regular charge

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sunk Dunk posted:

Many do in Amsterdam.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

yes there are several here in LA that do. the delivery companies do too now

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just ripped a bong load of ‘TINA #7’ by Super Super Turbo, it owns bones!!! I’m zooted Tina!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sunk Dunk posted:

The ones I've been to have, I'm in SoCal.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Sunk Dunk posted:

I did in British Columbia, Apple Pay/Card even iirc

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

euphronius posted:

In Pa they do

Or the one near me does

Wow really? RISE will take debit cards now that they have card readers (and still surcharge you like the in store atm will)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

Every one I've ever been to

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Sunk Dunk posted:

Remedy in Columbia, MD does.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
who's updating the spreadsheet here

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

what’s the best way to consume rso? i put a bead about an inch long on a reese’s. tasted like burnt popcorn but it’s been 2 hours and i am not feeling a thing.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Faustian Bargain posted:

what’s the best way to consume rso? i put a bead about an inch long on a reese’s. tasted like burnt popcorn but it’s been 2 hours and i am not feeling a thing.

Maybe dissolve it under your tongue. And if that's not shite RSO, an inch long with the thickness of a rice grain would time travel me to Tuesday

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Hammu-rob-i posted:

an inch long with the thickness of a rice grain

but enough about your penis

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Watching Naked Gun while high is loving dangerous. I had to stop so I could breath for a bit.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Faustian Bargain posted:

just eat it straight out of the syringe

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yo, I forgot Milky Way Midnight were a thing. These are so good and maybe my all time favorite candy bar wrapper design.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Faustian Bargain posted:

I put it on a toothpick and put it under my tongue. Usually gets me going within 30 minutes. For me RSO is all physical but if i take like 2 hits of flower after it starts working then i am right as rain.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Faustian Bargain posted:

RSO always takes for loving ever to kick in for me but when it does, I generally launch out to space and it's great

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I ain't got this high off just flower in a good long while and apparently 3 bowlfuls of this eighth is just what I need to get to that place so :madmax::byob::feelsgood:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I had a tooth abscess two months ago. I figured out 90mg was a swell spot. I do epic rounds and hear music

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oops the brownies I made last week apparently had like a third of the THC in the back eighth of the batch

my partner has been finding this out the fun way over last night and today, but we didn't have anything planned thankfully

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
dose roulette

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I really wish tolerance weren't a thing, my burnt-up hand is killing me and I know weed butter would work because I already used it on Sunday but I don't want to build up a tolerance :smithicide:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Mate you've got a hell of a lot more willpower than I do

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Macichne Leainig posted:

Mate you've got a hell of a lot more willpower than I do

It stays fun if I only do edibles once a week or less :keke:

That said, I only even learned how to make weed butter in the first place because it was so effective at relieving period cramps without all the caffeine of OTC pain meds, so being in pain & not being able to use it for its more business-like purpose is quite the bummer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the first two times I did edibles I watched that daft punk anime movie, and forgot what happened and was like I need to rewatch that, and rewatched it and forgot what happened, and on the third watch I got it.

poo poo would hit you like a train, after a long 2 hours wait, WHAMO, no turning back. fanta beware.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YeahTubaMike posted:

I really wish tolerance weren't a thing, my burnt-up hand is killing me and I know weed butter would work because I already used it on Sunday but I don't want to build up a tolerance :smithicide:

Do shrooms in the interim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoCooperation
Jun 15, 2023

deep dish peat moss posted:

whose brain is still developing