Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Terror Sweat posted:

It's a little self-righteous to act so indifferent and say who cares about reddit when you daily post on a heavily moderated gated forum that constantly complains about posters and internet posts regularly. This thread is literally 70 percent complaining about Twitter posts, 24 percent complaining about other threads, and 1 percent talking about policy

whats the other 5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

spacemang_spliff posted:

whats the other 5%

Slurs

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

what do you want us to do

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

whats the other 5%

complaining about this thread

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

[succ] These Dead Gayted Forums

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

It's a little self-righteous to act so indifferent and say who cares about reddit when you daily post on a heavily moderated gated forum that constantly complains about posters and internet posts regularly. This thread is literally 70 percent complaining about Twitter posts, 24 percent complaining about other threads, and 1 percent talking about policy

make me ik so I can challenge this poster to call Obama the n word or be chain probed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

my bony fealty posted:

make me ik so I can challenge this poster to call Obama the n word or be chain probed

To Gradenko's point, Finkelstein's new book discusses how Obama made his career on playing off liberal conceptions of race. It would not have been possible, for example, for professors to use some dumb question he asked in class as the only question on a Harvard Law School exam, had they not realized that he was The African American that was going to fulfill every liberal's dreams. White liberals saw exactly what they wanted in him.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my bony fealty posted:

Neoliberal.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Do you recall the stories that came out in the wake of Trump winning in 2016 that sought to explain the Latino vote as the Latino man's natural tendency towards machismo and misogyny?
this was actually from trump losing in 2020 but the hispanic vote went harder trump, especially in places like texas

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Liberals are just waiting for any excuse, however slight, to be bigoted, and that's why I, as a good leftist, should be allowed to say it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

this was actually from trump losing in 2020 but the hispanic vote went harder trump, especially in places like texas

the republicans cheated by campaigning to them with spanish language ads. everyone knows that the proper way to court the hispanic vote is to smugly declare yourself The Good Guys and then sit back and collect the votes that are owed to you.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

the republicans cheated by campaigning to them with spanish language ads. everyone knows that the proper way to court the hispanic vote is to smugly declare yourself The Good Guys and then sit back and collect the votes that are owed to you.

Loling that Bill Nelson did not campaign in Spanish at all in Florida and easily would have beaten Rick Scott if he had

And his consolation prize was to be NASA administrator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

the crossword today was like: "what they called obama" N_ _ _ _ _ _ and i was looking at it thinking like wtf until i realized it was "no drama"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

the crossword today was like: "what they called obama" N_ _ _ _ _ _ and i was looking at it thinking like wtf until i realized it was "no drama"

It could have been "Naughty"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

ban this guy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
who else up daily posting on a heavily moderated gated forum

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Terror Sweat posted:

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

who cares about reddit

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

lmao check out his rap sheet, he wants to use the f-slur like it's 1998

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SA is a gated community lol

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/MayorCropTop/status/1668351800066334763

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hes right

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

lol making fun of people outside of SA itself is why this ancient website ever existed in the first place.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

SA is a gated community lol

it is, and i'm glad of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the fence isn't the $10 tho, it's being permabanned

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

alright who wants to talk some POLICY??

okay the debt ceiling fight is over and there's divided government

oops there's no policy

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

oops there's no policy

I'm happy to have an open dialogue about my policy on Democrats licking my balls

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

But the mystery of the Russian soul, my dear Westerners, is in the fact that there is no soul at all.
Total obedience and undeserved pride at the same time led them to the state where they have no pity, no shame, no future perspectives. They don’t like themselves. They hate everyone

Russians cannot be saved, cannot be “civilised”. They are the pure evil civilisation on their own. The only thing we can do is to defend ourselves from them, defend European civilisation and make sure they don’t have enough capability to kill everyone they want. That’s all

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

oops there's no policy

Wow how can you be so wrong and doomer pilled!

There’s strong bipartisan support for several key issues like:

* Expanding the military budget
* Continued destruction of the social safety net
* Forcing trans people out of sports competitions
* Destroying the capacity for earth to sustain life
* Fearmongering about China
* Charter Schools
* Funding local police
* Building more roads
* Tax cuts for big banks and credit card companies

There’s lot of policy topics we can still make incremental progress on even with a divided Congress! Have hope!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

my bony fealty posted:

you just made me think of that supermechagodzilla post
"if you can't be racist against fictional characters, prove it: call Mace Windu the N word"

which is quite possibly the actual most insane, and thus best, post ever made in the history of the internet

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Blockade posted:

But the mystery of the Russian soul, my dear Westerners, is in the fact that there is no soul at all.
Total obedience and undeserved pride at the same time led them to the state where they have no pity, no shame, no future perspectives. They don’t like themselves. They hate everyone

Russians cannot be saved, cannot be “civilised”. They are the pure evil civilisation on their own. The only thing we can do is to defend ourselves from them, defend European civilisation and make sure they don’t have enough capability to kill everyone they want. That’s all

lol i saw that

goodreads is crazy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

who was that feminist writer who said women supported bernie because they were dating a bernie bro??

anyway, i assume they're all dating b*rnie bros

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

he should pee in the sauce

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

he definitly pees in the sauce

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

All of the writers are trying very hard to pretend that political differences are about stuff like tax rates or zoning laws and not basic stuff like whether a gay person or minority deserves to have human rights.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lol it owns that the scholarly debate forum can't have a normal conversation about trans issues ever

lmfao

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nichael posted:

who was that feminist writer who said women supported bernie because they were dating a bernie bro??

anyway, i assume they're all dating b*rnie bros
it was Gloria Steinem: "They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.'"

number of times I have said "the boys are with Bernie" since then: probably over 100, none since 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it was Gloria Steinem: "They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.'"

number of times I have said "the boys are with Bernie" since then: probably over 100, none since 2020

A gross Mrs.-take
--Kelly