Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I liked it a lot, the Platinum-style character action thing isn’t particularly my bag but it’s still fun and they made stuff like the perfect dodges and counterattacks feel so satisfying to pull off. I feel like I’m mostly going to be playing for the story, “Game of Thrones-inspired Final Fantasy” sounds like it could have been extremely bad but based on what we’ve seen in the demo they’re really making it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I hope there's a pinch more difficulty in the actual game but I loved all the worldbuilding and characters and everything

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
its gonna own

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

havent had a chence to play the demo yet but ive got it downloaded, achieving solid hype status

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

havent had a chence to play the demo yet but ive got it downloaded, achieving solid hype status

I'm gonna download it and also the Lies of P demo lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dude ive had like four different people tell me the lies of p demos actually fun and i feel like i'm goin through gestaltzerfall

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
real knowers switched to real hype years ago.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lies of p is i cant decide either ds1 or 2 mixed with bloodborne but its like a 1:1 not even attempting to hide the thievery. combat felt okay but not quite as good as souls obviously.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

dude ive had like four different people tell me the lies of p demos actually fun and i feel like i'm goin through gestaltzerfall

it is pretty fun, definitely extremely shameless souls/bloodborne rip-off but it feels pretty good to play and has some fun ideas

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

I'm choosing to believe I'm being pranked so that if it turns out to be good after all I'll have a pleasant surprise + probably the funniest possible outcome

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Every single game that had a bbg sarcastic hype thread turned out awesome.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quite a simple explanation for this: he's retarded.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finished the FF16 demo just now and it kicked rear end. Combat feels super satisfying and the graphics and voice acting are really good, it actually pulls off the GOT meets FF comparison lol. Got me way more hyped for the full game

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Finished the FF16 demo just now and it kicked rear end. Combat feels super satisfying and the graphics and voice acting are really good, it actually pulls off the GOT meets FF comparison lol. Got me way more hyped for the full game

yep went from finishing the final demo fight to mashing preorder to get this Thursday, the combat is good and the plot seems interesting

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just got the last copy at target, excited to play

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao pwnd

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lmfao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Knuc U Kinte posted:

sarcastic??

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
It’s no wonder no one is talking about or playing FF16. This game is full on misogynistic trash.
I'm doing yet another boring side-quest, and after an inspiring speech about needing to protect their home, a soldier literally handed Martha (the speaker) a frying pan instead of a sword.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

It’s no wonder no one is talking about or playing FF16. This game is full on misogynistic trash.
I'm doing yet another boring side-quest, and after an inspiring speech about needing to protect their home, a soldier literally handed Martha (the speaker) a frying pan instead of a sword.

Lmao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Learn the lore please

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
It is weird that no one's talking about it but hell, no one's talking about anything lately.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd get if I had a PS5, but I don't have one. And I can't get a PS5 because there's nowhere to put it. Also it only has one game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

welcome posted:

It is weird that no one's talking about it but hell, no one's talking about anything lately.

Nobody has a ps5

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FF16 is real good but I still feel like a dumbass for having a ps5 lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m too busy playing it to post about it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

Ps5 ftw.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'll take your PS5 so you don't feel like a rube for having it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Yep