Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tbh I'm shocked by how lovely his suit looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/MargoGontar/status/1668537907005607937
Yuo see, if not of publish obituary, then evil westoids of not knowing how many Russians died gloriously fighting for freedom :dumb:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if you dont publish death of generals, you dont have to pay double fishbrick

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Article on counteroffensive from Meduza

https://twitter.com/meduza_en/status/1668601579182727168

quote:

The takeaway

Clearly, the Ukrainian army is still far from a decisive breakthrough, even by Velyka Novosilka. The Russian defenses (not only the main lines, but even the forward edges) have proven strong, compared to what we’ve seen by Kharkiv last fall. But the AFU has so far put into action only two or three of the newer brigades, along with several older ones. Meanwhile, around 30 brigades in all have been formed especially for the purpose of this summer’s counteroffensive.

Raku posted:

probably because he has bulletproof vest, diaper and whatnot inside it

Flavahbeast posted:

coming soon: Cyber Zhirinovsky
I hope they will install his reanimated spirit into some AliExpress "combat" robot

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

I hope they will install his reanimated spirit into some AliExpress "combat" robot

RU-209, if they can somehow make do without a brain and spinal column like they did in Robocop 2

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Raku posted:

That's why you always invest in wet wipes

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Tiny Timbs posted:

What a weird-rear end thing to gloat about. Cool av, though

Tell that to Stephen Decatur and his brother.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That doesn’t seem like a similar situation at all

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The Soviet Union hid deaths in Afghanistan extensively (til they couldn't)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Like trump said, if you stop counting the deaths the war casualties go down significantly

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Dwesa posted:

Does anyone have the video of that lovely Russian robot on a 4-wheeler spliced with The Terminator? It was like 3 threads ago.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668609063008043011
An unfortunate smoking accident happened (again) in Luhansk.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

footage of recovered Leopard

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668623359301783553

Putin met with z-bloggers and said some nonsense

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1668627473398140928

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1668631579034546183

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Tiny Timbs posted:

What a weird-rear end thing to gloat about. Cool av, though

Oh I'm just happy it isn't a neonazi symbol, this isn't a boat gloat

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

You wonder if he's personally generating the bullshit, or if the army of yes-men that surround him really don't tell him what's going on.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Let monke have his little successes for a while. Eventually everything will fall apart again anyhow.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Harveygod posted:

Does anyone have the video of that lovely Russian robot on a 4-wheeler spliced with The Terminator? It was like 3 threads ago.
this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RgxPHis74g

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

Let monke have his little successes for a while. Eventually everything will fall apart again anyhow.

What successes

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Yeah, but spliced with Kyle Reese explaining terminators to Sarah Connor. It's in a thread somewhere last year.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

You know your robot sucks when you have to also light stuff on fire for enhanced drama.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

forest spirit posted:

Oh I'm just happy it isn't a neonazi symbol, this isn't a boat gloat

I think he means that whoever gave you that AV wanted to gloat about how Ukraine had to scuttle their only seaworthy naval ships or whatever.

That is indeed a very weird gloat imo.

"Sensible actions at the start of a war?! lmao, morons!"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

HonorableTB posted:

What successes

They managed to destroy a couple of German tanks, which means victory by default according to the terminally z-brained.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

What successes
imaginary

https://twitter.com/KyleJGlen/status/1668636589185019904

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Raku posted:

That's because it has poo poo inside it.
Putin is a piece of poo poo.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Willo567 is a poster who will drop into the thread once in a while having heard/read something alarming on the news and proceeds to do the posting equivalent of a tiny dog trembling, barking and pissing, but instead of going "arfarfarf!" it's "Are we gonna get nuked now??"

And to be clear, this isn't just an Ukraine thing. He's been afraid of being nuked for years. His earliest probe about it is from 2017.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Harveygod posted:

https://i.imgur.com/66YQQ1X.mp4

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tuna-Fish posted:

And to be clear, this isn't just an Ukraine thing. He's been afraid of being nuked for years. His earliest probe about it is from 2017.

Yeah Willo567 has been worried about his balls getting nuked since pretty much the first day of trumps administration. 2016 really broke poor willo

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEu7r9wDS0
Insights dropped two new translated intercepts. Nothing much this time, first one's about a soldier complaining to his wife about the disparities in pay, and saying it's better to be satisfied with what they get, second are two mobiks from the Svatove line castigating Konashenkov for constantly lying about the amounts of dead Ukrainians and lost equipment.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

We need to see this thing vs the Tesla bot, even though it would probably end with both of them falling over as soon as they try to take one step.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

:roboluv:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Wow, Russia has already lost 5,004 tanks in the counteroffensive? Pretty bad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It's funny because Ukraine is getting more tanks every day and Russia is not. Soooo those losses on the Russian side will take a far greater toll. Especially since Ukraine now has drone bombers that shatter tanks.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's funny because Ukraine is getting more tanks every day and Russia is not. Soooo those losses on the Russian side will take a far greater toll. Especially since Ukraine now has drone bombers that shatter tanks.

If they continue hunting artillery as successfully as they've been lately, POCCNR won't even have that fig leaf remaining to cover for their deficiencies in about a couple more months.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1668370742772113411?s=20

"You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mothafucka. Go back in there and chill them russians out and wait for the Bradleys, which will be coming directly"

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 13, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

zone posted:

If they continue hunting artillery as successfully as they've been lately, POCCNR won't even have that fig leaf remaining to cover for their deficiencies in about a couple more months.

That too. They are blowing up an avg of 30 arty systems a day.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1668645494283804679
Pigozhin had a few words to say concerning the ongoing Ukrainian actions.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The counter offensive is over why would anything need to be done to stop it? I mean send the bots home tbh we don't need to defend as Ukraine lost the war when those 5 leopards carrying hunter Bidens laptop were destroyed

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Newsweek posted:

A Ukrainian Telegram channel published drone footage on Monday that reportedly shows three Russian soldiers opening fire on at least seven of their comrades who were retreating.

The video was posted by Ishi Svoikh, also known as "Look for Your Own," which is a project created with the backing of Ukraine's Ministry of Internal Affairs. The project was set up to share photos and documents of Russian invaders captured and killed in action in Ukraine to help their relatives find them.

The Kyiv Post said the Ukrainian news agency UNIAN confirmed the video's authenticity. UNIAN reportedly said the military members responsible for the shooting were "barrier troops," which the Post described as "units with the mission of preventing soldiers running away from battle using lethal force if necessary."

Newsweek could not confirm the authenticity of the video, which was shared on Twitter by the Russian activist group Activatica. Newsweek reached out to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs via email for comment.

The possible "barrier troops" appear to shoot their weapons in the air as a possible warning before firing directly at the retreating soldiers. It's not clear if the retreating soldiers were killed or injured by the gunfire, but readers are advised that the video below is graphic.

Jason Jay Smart, a political adviser on post-Soviet and international politics, told Newsweek that "Russians shooting their own troops has a long tradition in Russian military history, and it has been commonplace throughout this war."

Smart, who also works as a special correspondent for the Kyiv Post, said: "This incident, showing a total lack of concern or interest in preserving human life, is the epitome of how the Russian military thinks and behaves."

The presence of Russian "barrier troops" in Ukraine was previously reported by the U.K.'s Ministry of Defense (MoD) last November.

"Due to low morale and reluctance to fight, Russian forces have probably started deploying 'barrier troops' or 'blocking units,'" the MoD wrote at the time. "These units threaten to shoot their own retreating soldiers in order to compel offensives and have been used in previous conflicts by Russian forces."

The ministry's assessment said, "The tactic of shooting deserters likely attests to the low quality, low morale and indiscipline of Russian forces."

Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of the Wagner Group, whose mercenaries have fought in Ukraine, has publicly threatened to execute deserters. In January, the Financial Times wrote that media accounts associated with Wagner had posted several videos showing Prigozhin promising to shoot any of his mercenaries who abandoned fighting against Ukraine's forces.

Also, remember that law that got brought up a few days ago about the dam?

https://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/rujnuvannya-grebli-kahovskoyi-ges-bulo-dobre-pidgotovlene-j-83565

quote:

A few days before the destruction of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant dam, the Russian government adopted a law that could be a "smoking gun" in proving Russia's involvement in this disaster. This was stated by Oleg Ustenko, an economic advisor to the President of Ukraine, in a commentary to Newsweek.

According to Oleg Ustenko, on May 30, a week before the dam's collapse, the Russian government approved a law aimed at "ensuring the safety of hydraulic structures" in the territory of Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions it proclaimed to have annexed in September 2022.

The legislation states that until January 1, 2028, investigations into accidents at hydro-technical structures that occurred as a result of military operations, sabotage and terrorist activities are prohibited. The decree was signed by Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and came into effect on the day it was published.

Russia maintains that it wasn't behind the Kakhovka dam’s collapse, but as stated by Oleg Ustenko, it would take someone with a "very vivid imagination" to believe that the passing of the legislation days before the dam's collapse was a coincidence.

"Of course, coincidences happen. However when the Russian government passes a special decree, about a special regime, on special territories, in case of special accidents on hydro technical objects — it looks suspicious," Oleg Ustenko noted.

"It looks like it could be evidence when the decree was signed by the Russian Prime Minister on May 30 and it became effective next day. Then one week later the greatest hydroelectric catastrophe happened in Kherson,” he added.

Oleg Ustenko emphasized that the attack happened exactly in the same way “accidents” were described in the official document related to the decree.

He believes the dam's destruction was well prepared and supported by Russian national legislation.

"Moreover, paragraph 10 in this legislation prohibits any investigation of such accidents till January 1st of 2028,” Oleg Ustenko stressed.

He added: "What is it if not a “smoking gun” of a terrorist?"

According to the President's advisor, the total damage caused by the destruction of the Kakhovka HPP dam amounts to billions of dollars.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 13, 2023

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1668645494283804679
Pigozhin had a few words to say concerning the ongoing Ukrainian actions.

Somewhere 10 years from know, some idiot is going to sit straight up from bed during the night and exclaim, my god we could have used our missile stocks on military targets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HonorableTB posted:

Yeah Willo567 has been worried about his balls getting nuked since pretty much the first day of trumps administration. 2016 really broke poor willo

I keep getting Willo and Covok mixed up