Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How do I get the cabbage soup recipe and what does it do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro
Hello, fellow farmers. I'm just popping in to add my voice to the chorus of "gently caress Gold Fliers forever"

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
My endless corn farming is interfering with my endless mushroom and potato farming. Help.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Oh, nice! A thread title. = 3

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: T199

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

welcome to cabbage jail

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I can't be in cabbage jail if I never click the help requests page.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Thankfully I was growing cabbages in an effort to GM them so I had 9000 odd already.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just got the 10k inventory award which meant I could buy 3 new tower floors which gave me 5000 gold sea crests so at last I have completed that quest. Glad I didn’t try and grind fishing for them.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Crest dropped! That makes finishing the rest of this quest east, except…….corn……..cooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn……..

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Pretty much a month into the game and I just got done unlocking Pirate's Cove

Now for the tower stuff I guess?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

kaptainkaffeine posted:

Crest dropped! That makes finishing the rest of this quest east, except…….corn……..cooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn……..

hahaha
hahahahahahaha

the crests will be back

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I don't remember who said it but fishing for Grab Bag 01 is definitely the best way to get Potatoes while being in Cabbage/Corn jail. I tried out fishing at the Pirate Cove to see how much corn I could get from Large Chest 03. I spent 7k large nets and gained 335 Large Chest 03 and 364 Mystic Chest 02. Didn't pay too close attention to how much $$ the Cove gives but it felt like roughly 60-65% of what I'd get at Glacier Lake. So if you want to grow cabbages and fish for corn and potatoes, it's not that bad. Lots of other goodies in both chests (honey, over 1k large nets, etc)

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Bit quiet in here lately chaps is everyone in cabbage jail?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

Bit quiet in here lately chaps is everyone in cabbage jail?

Potato/ cabbage jail

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

Potato/ cabbage jail

See, it's not the potatos that have me in jail, it's the corn...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

See, it's not the potatos that have me in jail, it's the corn...

I just use my daily grape juice on the corn. :shrug:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

I just use my daily grape juice on the corn. :shrug:

I should. Right now I'm GJing cotton though. I'm at 91k cotton mastery and 93k green cloak mastery. Mostly using non-mega seeds so I don't void, but I could probably use a couple megas and GJ some corn, or better yet, cabbage.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm fishing for corn.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I’m in watermelon jail atm.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
I’m also in watermelon jail. It’s not even summer why do I need this many melon

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Potato jail.

Though most of the time I'm *not* growing potatos as that's every 2.5 minutes, so I'm growing some other longer growing time crop.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm on cabbages until this quest line peters out I guess.

I assume it's a reference to the Avatar cartoon; buddy.farm seems to have no mention of it. I'm on My Cabbages VIII.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 11, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I need a metric fuckton of fishing nets

If anyone could spare some that would be fab

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Beasteh posted:

I need a metric fuckton of fishing nets

If anyone could spare some that would be fab

Get that last level and we can send large nets

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

all my sea dragons...gone...

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
FYI - there's no noteworthy reward for the new Far Away quests (goes up to XXXIII). No need to rush it if you're tight on nets.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
So watcha doin with all the corn you grow? Apparently giving 2000 to the community center is enough to get you into the #2 spot for at least the first hour after the server reset.

My raptors are fed and the Corn of Interest quest is vastly limited by potato batteries rather than corn.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

exit: corn & cabbage jail
enter: corn & cabbage + watermelon jail

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I need one hundred spiked shells for this wall in the way quest and I feel like it's going to take weeks

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Beasteh posted:

I need one hundred spiked shells for this wall in the way quest and I feel like it's going to take weeks

Send me a message in game (same username) and I'll fill your mailbox with large nets

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ghostlight posted:

exit: corn & cabbage jail
enter: corn & cabbage + watermelon jail

You're also going to need 500 bone broths in few

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
After all my other complaining I’ve hit the wall in the way watermelon wall for the heart piece. OH WELL. In the meantime, I’ve bought all the 10B improvements, orchard improvements, and pets. What’s the first 100B to go for, crop row or storeroom?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

kaptainkaffeine posted:

After all my other complaining I’ve hit the wall in the way watermelon wall for the heart piece. OH WELL. In the meantime, I’ve bought all the 10B improvements, orchard improvements, and pets. What’s the first 100B to go for, crop row or storeroom?

always storeroom first

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

NM

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i assumed they were referring to the inventory boost. the auxiliary storage is nonessential but inventory is key

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Weedle posted:

i assumed they were referring to the inventory boost. the auxiliary storage is nonessential but inventory is key

Hahah, I figured that out and edited my post. Obviously not fast enough though.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Is there something useful at the end of all these cabbages? Kind of getting bored of the timing of it.

I also managed what I thought was the end of the cutlasses only to find out that I needed 50 more a few steps further. That was a fun surprise.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Jhet posted:

Is there something useful at the end of all these cabbages? Kind of getting bored of the timing of it.

I also managed what I thought was the end of the cutlasses only to find out that I needed 50 more a few steps further. That was a fun surprise.

Cabbage soup recipe after quest #31. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Unponderable posted:

Cabbage soup recipe after quest #31. Yeah.

Wow. That's a lot of cabbages to get to #31. If it's 2k cabbages all the way that's almost 3 million cabbages. Who thought it would be fun to make everyone mega-master cabbages?

E: Oh, I found a picture with all the crap. It's only 40k cabbages and a ton of other crap. Including of course some rare drops that are constantly needed in 3 places. Corn jail was more fun than this.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 13, 2023