Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ZZT the Fifth posted:

https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1668641171097239553

I don't think January 6th II is going to happen if Trump's only mustering up this little of a presence.

I can’t even use the “There are DOZENS of us” line with 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

There does really seem to be as many press staffers and media as there are protestors.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

They have a couple hundred now; you can!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Popete posted:

the smarter Trumpers

the which

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I didn't say smart, just smarter.

Like the ones who just like to LARP that they are noble patriots taking back their country but don't actually want to end up being indicted themselves.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Piell posted:

It's basically impossible for chuds to do those sort of massive "everyone shows up" like Unite the Right/Jan 6th nowadays because any attempt at organizing anything like that online is immediately proclaimed a false flag antifa fed plot, the best they can do is the stuff where a more organized group like the Proud Boys shows up with a couple dozen people plus a few rando freaks.

Lol I bet it's this. I bet some turbochuds were legitimately trying to organize online a big gathering at the courthouse and their fellow chuds were like "NICE TRY DEEPSTATE COMMIE FBI IM NOT FALLING FOR THAT"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
They've probably internalized the "They were just peacefully protesting!" argument about Jan 6th, and now don't believe that they can peacefully protest without getting arrested and convicted

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I wonder how many of the people who would have flown in couldn’t because they’ve put themself on a list or gotten banned by airlines? Like is this a thing?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Boris Galerkin posted:

I wonder how many of the people who would have flown in couldn’t because they’ve put themself on a list or gotten banned by airlines? Like is this a thing?

Some have gotten themselves on no-fly lists, yes.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charliegrs posted:

Lol I bet it's this. I bet some turbochuds were legitimately trying to organize online a big gathering at the courthouse and their fellow chuds were like "NICE TRY DEEPSTATE COMMIE FBI IM NOT FALLING FOR THAT"

They are not being told to protest because after J6 the organizers know they could get prosecuted. Like with trans sports, pride at target or that beer can thing, conservatives will only throw a fit on behalf of the rich if they are told to throw a fit. There's no benefit to screwing with these court proceedings directly so it won't happen. They will, however, start making threats on the court staff, prosecutors and their families.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
E: never mind. I read the thread.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah turns out if you don't have a 2 month campaign by the potus to whip people into an insurrectory frenzy tens of thousands of people don't just turn up already whipped into a frenzy

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah turns out if you don't have a 2 month campaign by the potus to whip people into an insurrectory frenzy tens of thousands of people don't just turn up already whipped into a frenzy

Yeah but it's Florida. I figured 4 days would be plenty of time for tens of thousands of local chuds to make their way to the courthouse.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah but it's Florida. I figured 4 days would be plenty of time for tens of thousands of local chuds to make their way to the courthouse.

The battery charge on rascals only gets them so far before having to go home.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It’s still Florida. There’s a non-zero chance the court gets attacked by a gator hoping to score meth-money.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Once again, no mugshot, just fingerprints.
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1668685236538843149

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
That we are not getting the assuredly hilarious mugshots is yet another reminder that we have an extremely flawed and hosed up legal system.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did he get to keep “the beast” as part of his secret service detail?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I still fully expected some completely unpredictable lone wolf nobody could have ever understood the motivations of popping off and murdering people. I guess we save that only for our kindergarten classes now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A fine headline.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Charliegrs posted:

4 days isn't enough time for most of his supporters to sober out of their mid-week stupor.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

He’s plead not guilty x37.

Obviously but it’s official now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Boris Galerkin posted:

Did he get to keep “the beast” as part of his secret service detail?

no, but I wouldn't be especially surprised if his limo or whatever is armored (just less comprehensively and generally less cool)

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Trump is going to stab Nauta in the back so hard I’m going to hear it in California.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

While I definitely understand pleading not guilty to 37 counts and I probably would too, it would have been a great bit to plead guilty to exactly one and none of the others.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

While I definitely understand pleading not guilty to 37 counts and I probably would too, it would have been a great bit to plead guilty to exactly one and none of the others.

Macron’s sex tape?

Oh yeah, I took that one.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 13, 2023

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Boris Galerkin posted:

He’s plead not guilty x37.

In a row?!

Jokes aside, is he actually under arrest and being held in custody, or has he already started loving off to Florida to go back to moaning about the whole thing on his website?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In a row?!

Jokes aside, is he actually under arrest and being held in custody, or has he already started loving off to Florida to go back to moaning about the whole thing on his website?

I hate to break it to you, but Miami is already inside Florida.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In a row?!

He has been arrested and is in custody, currently in court. If the magistrate grants bail, he will be released. If denied, he'll be jailed until the trial.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In a row?!

He was under arrest, but not going to be held pre-trial.

Generally, you are only held pre-trial without bail if you are considered likely to skip court, likely to reoffend, or pose a physical danger to the public.

He literally can't reoffend right now.

He will likely have to surrender his passport and promise to pay a fine if he skips court/post bail. There is basically a 0% chance he is held pre-trial without bail.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In a row?!

His lawyer entered the pleas for him. He couldn't even do it himself. Low energy. Sad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xiahou Dun posted:

I hate to break it to you, but Miami is already inside Florida.

for now

Deteriorata posted:

He has been arrested and is in custody, currently in court. If the magistrate grants bail, he will be released. If denied, he'll be jailed until the trial.

if accurate yadda yadda

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1668700942294818823?s=20

I'd much prefer if he spent time in the pokey before trial but I will accept judicial orders that he has probably already violated

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He literally can't reoffend right now.

Unless he still has classified or sensitive government documents.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Unless he still has classified or sensitive government documents.

This would be the maximum hilarity scenario. Imagine if they found *more* documents.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

ryde posted:

This would be the maximum hilarity scenario. Imagine if they found *more* documents.

Doesn’t it seem very improbable that there aren’t more documents?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They looked in the bathroom when the real dirt was in the refrigerator

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
trump: i don't see what the big deal is. nobody complained when i brought these other documents home from work
judge: what other documents

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Nuclear Spoon posted:

trump: i don't see what the big deal is. nobody complained when i brought these other documents home from work
judge: what other documents

these secret ones! Look how secret they are, look at them! Everybody gather around and look at this top secret poo poo I have, come on don't be shy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Doesn’t it seem very improbable that there aren’t more documents?

The response to: give us the rest was to run with a bunch to Bedminster.

No it’s not improbable at all.