Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

SettingSun posted:

I probably would have enjoyed wt2 during the campaign on something other than barbarian. I spent about 30 minutes total in wt2 to do the capstone.

i did the whole thing on wt2 on barb and it owned

i am very much not running a meta build though so maybe this only works well at low levels but i'm 56 right now and destroying wt3 with ease fighting 7+ elites simultaneously

upheaval, death blow, and walking arsenal are super fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Can they not just hang in the entrance?

They can but it will make the dungeon harder. This is for high level keys, which for my character is in the high 50s and low 60s. My buddy is leveling in Eridu while I do nightmare dungeons and I just bring him in when I get to the boss so he can get free glyph exp.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Someone earlier was having a similar issue to me in that I'm stuck doing tier 1 nms. I get lots of them to drop from whispers and doing nms, and I can't craft them yet. I'm only 58 so maybe that changes when I hit 60?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Man it seems like they've changed something, ruins of eridu no longer spawning in all the elites like it used to?

Why in God's name would they remove the only spot in the game with decent monster density rather than boost it elsewhere? Insane.

So what's the next spot to farm for xp/items?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Deformed Church posted:

Cool, thanks, I'll stick with tier 1 for a bit, at least. Feels a bit piss easy though! Admittedly I haven't hit any major bosses yet, but I'm just jamming my face directly into elite packs with zero thought about positioning, target priority, kiting, defensive skill use, how much health I've got, or really anything except whether it's right click time or left click time.

WT1 is optimal for, like, levelling quickly or the time-reward balance so any conventional wisdom would absolutely say stay there, but I'm glad I did the campaign on WT2 (except I did turn it down for Duriel, because in time-honoured tradition he's a jerk) for more or less this reason: you do have to think about moment to moment combat more often levelling on WT2 (since you're not going to outgear major challenges at that point) and I'm one of the people that's fun for.

or at the very least I felt like it was teaching me good habits for higher difficulties: did the WT2 capstone and my first Helltide this morning and it was fun as hell even though I was mad undergeared, but I know it'd have been miserable if I didn't know the sort of stuff WT1 lets you not think about

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

flashman posted:

Man it seems like they've changed something, ruins of eridu no longer spawning in all the elites like it used to?

Why in God's name would they remove the only spot in the game with decent monster density rather than boost it elsewhere? Insane.

So what's the next spot to farm for xp/items?

I thought it was just me but I also noticed that I was getting maybe half the xp I was last night

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not sure why they are so upset with the high density dungeon spam, I guess they really want people to be engaging with nightmare dungeons and overworld stuff

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Drone Incognito posted:

I thought it was just me but I also noticed that I was getting maybe half the xp I was last night

Nah the big packs of fallen aren't spawning in anymore so it's a crapshoot now.

They are determined to make it as fun as act 3 d2 to level up, for some stupid reason

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Have they mentioned anything in the usual channels? Stealth changes are troubling.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERES MOO MOOS

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I probably would have enjoyed wt2 during the campaign on something other than barbarian. I spent about 30 minutes total in wt2 to do the capstone.

It was kinda weird for my blighted CE necro. I also only spent enough time in WT2 to do the capstone and WT3 has pretty much been a breeze.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

At level 39, my lightning druid absolutely melts tons of demons and is a ton of fun to play.

Trample -> Hurricane -> Cyclone Armor -> Cataclysm -> drain all my spirit on Lightning Storm.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SettingSun posted:

Have they mentioned anything in the usual channels? Stealth changes are troubling.

They posted it in the patch notes on the website.

quote:

Fixed an issue where elite monster packs in some dungeons were spawning in higher frequency than expected.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/hotfix-8-june-11-2023-102/44793

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kumba posted:

i did the whole thing on wt2 on barb and it owned

i am very much not running a meta build though so maybe this only works well at low levels but i'm 56 right now and destroying wt3 with ease fighting 7+ elites simultaneously

upheaval, death blow, and walking arsenal are super fun

I have an extremely non meta Sorc Blizzard build and I'm clearing WT4 Ancestral dungeons quickly that are 10-15 levels above me so the idea that only the meta builds are capable of lategame content is dumb imo. Levels 66 and I've even been sitting on a staff with several hundred extra DPS waiting for the right aspect to drop so it's even "behind" the curve so to speak yet mobs explode in seconds. I haven't even gone down the vulnerability paragon tree yet lol.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Astryl posted:

"I Want to Believe" poster but with the UFO abducting a cow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t care about the cow level where the gently caress is the vault I need gold so much gold.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This is from June 11, not a couple hours ago

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ah I checked the news on the main d4 page and it doesn't have the latest patch note. I guess hotfixes don't make it there?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Astryl posted:

This is all lies.

Rod said there was no cow level.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Just had a special window pop up at my stash that said "missed equipment" and gave me horse armor.

I have no idea where it came from, but it's nice knowing there's some sort of mechanic in place in case you miss certain drops.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Astryl posted:

Someone datamined triggers for a secret quest that references "the Oxen gods," a portal, and a way to gain their blessing with an offering that may be related to it.

quote:

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_HINT worth English Spanish Yam Old Tablet old tablet NoticeSignText The crumbling stone has a few discernible words: "...spill their blood to be deemed worthy..." || The stone remains still preserve some legible words: "... to shed their blood so that they are considered worthy...".

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_01 worth English Spanish Yam Oxen God of the North ox god of the north

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_02 worth English Spanish Yam Oxen God of the West ox god of the west

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_03

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a limited time cow level in Diablo 3 so it's probably similar.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

What do you mean "limited time"? The cow level in D3 can be accessed at any time either through a randomly spawning portal or by throwing a bardiche into the cube.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They should bring Whimsyshire back. I want to see it in this new graphical engine.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

SettingSun posted:

They should bring Whimsyshire back. I want to see it in this new graphical engine.

There should be a way to replace a Helltide with it.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
my friend convinced me to get this game , is there anything i need to know before setting out or are things as straightforward as i expect them to be? no auction house shenanigans this time right? just start at tier 1 then jump to 3, per the advice on the last page?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1668322850585837568

I hope the new world boss Lina Khan drops good loot

The stock market yawned as in the Act-Blizz stock didn't drop so i suspect this whole lawsuit is complete bullshit. We need to dump Kotick and the merger will be the only way to do that, get with the program FTC!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rydiafan posted:

What do you mean "limited time"? The cow level in D3 can be accessed at any time either through a randomly spawning portal or by throwing a bardiche into the cube.

It was limited when it launched, I didn't know they added a permanent way.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BurningBeard posted:

There should be a way to replace a Helltide with it.

That would be awesome. Instead of hellfire raining down for that one boss, it's candy.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Someone datamined triggers for a secret quest that references "the Oxen gods," a portal, and a way to gain their blessing with an offering that may be related to it.

Intricate Metal Fragment is literally a nephalem obelisk from Diablo 3.

It’s a two part quest, the first part is finding the location to use the key.

Once the key is used, you’ll find a location to somehow combine the tome and the worn straps, possibly on pedestals.

Doing this will open a red portal to a cow level.

The likely location is in a cellar near caldeum due to its inclusion in the D3 story and the use of the obelisk.

(This is my analyst from reading over the datamine info).

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

If an ability applies vulnerable, does that ability cast get the increased damage or is it only for followup attacks?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Speaking of weird overworld stuff, what's with the statues with a small circle in front? If you stay in the circle, you get a debuff that says something like "you are being watched". Emote stuff or something more interesting?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vargs posted:

If an ability applies vulnerable, does that ability cast get the increased damage or is it only for followup attacks?

Follow up

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Speaking of weird overworld stuff, what's with the statues with a small circle in front? If you stay in the circle, you get a debuff that says something like "you are being watched". Emote stuff or something more interesting?

Yea the thing you can interact with basically tells you what Emote to perform in order to gain a short buff.

They're basically Shrines that are annoying to activate.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That Italian Guy posted:

If you read the tiles on the statues, they will give you a hint to use an emote.

They do various things. So far, the ones I have seen are:

- Spawns a ghost wolf that follows you around.
- Spawns a dozen health potions.
- Gives you stealth and a 20% damage bonus on your next attack.
- Spawns a bunch of (very low) gold drops.
- Grants you a barrier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I thought people were exaggerating about the blighted corpse explosion upgrade but I just got my necro leveled up last night and holy poo poo that is no exaggeration. It's a legit smokescreen, I can't believe nobody said anything about that in testing or if they did they didn't think it was bad enough to fix.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Astryl posted:

Intricate Metal Fragment is literally a nephalem obelisk from Diablo 3.

It’s a two part quest, the first part is finding the location to use the key.

Once the key is used, you’ll find a location to somehow combine the tome and the worn straps, possibly on pedestals.

Doing this will open a red portal to a cow level.

The likely location is in a cellar near caldeum due to its inclusion in the D3 story and the use of the obelisk.

(This is my analyst from reading over the datamine info).

Hidden camp outside caldeum is likely adjacent to the mystery cellar due to the inclusion of the obelisk that would have been placed here in D3.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

I thought people were exaggerating about the blighted corpse explosion upgrade but I just got my necro leveled up last night and holy poo poo that is no exaggeration. It's a legit smokescreen, I can't believe nobody said anything about that in testing or if they did they didn't think it was bad enough to fix.

Yea it's shocking to me that both

- nobody on the Necro team said, "maybe that's a bit much?"
- nobody on any other team accompanying a Necro around in-game said, "I can't see a goddamn thing"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sab669 posted:

Yea it's shocking to me that both

- nobody on the Necro team said, "maybe that's a bit much?"
- nobody on any other team accompanying a Necro around in-game said, "I can't see a goddamn thing"

The most likely outcome to me is that nobody on the testing team was good enough to think of using a build that generates enough corpses to spam it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Easy solution is don't use plague corpse cause it's dumb and bad. Lame rear end ground dots, go play rogue. Big explosion or go home.