Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lt. Cock posted:

My uncle works for the aliens and he is also an alien and I got to ride in the alien space boat

Was it nice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f

Bug Squash posted:

Mick is still 100% right about the ufo videos he took apart

he embarrassed himself trying to debunk the tic tac video

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
He couldn't talk about Roswell because that's where we got the ideas for velcro, integrated circuits, and fiber optics from.

And if word about that got out, it's the end of capitalism as we know it.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
*High def actual UFO image is released*

Some four star general in the pentagon: “Pack it up, boys. The age of velcro capitalism is over.”

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The aliens are real but they are Shadow Men. That movement you see in the corner of your eye? That's them. Normally humans can't fully perceive them, so if you want to meet the aliens you have to do datura about it.

j/k don't do datura

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I don't think it's a coincidence the dude claiming the UFO he saw is 'bigger on the inside' looks like a Doctor Who knock-off

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The world loving sucks and I think we all need aliens right about now, ok

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

they couldn't be more stupid than us

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

jmnmu posted:

he embarrassed himself trying to debunk the tic tac video
:wrong:, but keep on believing

Something's been bothering me about the whistleblower. He sincerely believes that the US is killing people to keep UFOs secret. So does he seriously believe that whistleblower protection is going to keep him safe from a delta force black bag team? Like, all those guys had legal protection from being murdered, my dude.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There has been another huge intelligence leak. Has this been discussed here already?

https://twitter.com/frankmcdonald/status/1668584838201212933?t=jCM-k8ImjQesgQiJB5oqWw&s=19

What does the Pope know?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I saw footage of the supposed Las Vegas alien sighting. It's grainy as poo poo and basically impossible to discern anything, but apparently there's an alien sitting inside a forklift?

Have the aliens come to Earth just to get forklift certified?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A Fancy Hat posted:

Unlikely. Aliens aren't nearly cool enough to get forklift certified and they know it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GABA ghoul posted:

There has been another huge intelligence leak. Has this been discussed here already?

https://twitter.com/frankmcdonald/status/1668584838201212933?t=jCM-k8ImjQesgQiJB5oqWw&s=19

What does the Pope know?

I was disappointed to realize the clowns there are politicians and it wasn’t an article about war between actual clowns

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

RatHat posted:

I was disappointed to realize the clowns there are politicians and it wasn’t an article about war between actual clowns

Same. :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
UFOS are not real, this is an affront to god

they are angels

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bug Squash posted:

Something's been bothering me about the whistleblower. He sincerely believes that the US is killing people to keep UFOs secret. So does he seriously believe that whistleblower protection is going to keep him safe from a delta force black bag team? Like, all those guys had legal protection from being murdered, my dude.

well you see he's a phony so he's not really worried

Nov 6, 2002

Zzulu posted:

they are angels

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zzulu posted:

they are angels

"What does an angel need with a sauce ship?"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

A Fancy Hat posted:

I saw footage of the supposed Las Vegas alien sighting. It's grainy as poo poo and basically impossible to discern anything, but apparently there's an alien sitting inside a forklift?

Listen here bud, Forklift Certification is lauded UNIVERSALLY!

naem
May 29, 2011

the clown pope should not have cheated with my McDonalds alien workmate imo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

naem posted:

the clown pope should not have cheated with my McDonalds alien workmate imo

True love finds a way. Stop trying to get in the way of true love.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

bees everywhere posted:

https://imgur.com/a/NXjWQaN

It reads like it was written by a 17-year old but my uncle who works at the alien factory said it's legit.

:okpos:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

Not that I believe any of this but if it was real, I guess the difference would be now it's common knowledge, so if he dies or goes missing it could be taken as confirmation that he was telling the truth, and he's willing to risk it.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

that CSPAM thread 3 years ago went to such length, all the authors and witnesses that were posted. guys with goofy hair or silly shirts. A name "louie" is one they grasped unto for far enough for it to become embarrassing.

Then on it went and the last time I looked they were trying to send each other signals of some sort which sounds cool if you're 13 and lived in the 90's but it was a good time to nope the gently caress out.

Of course if, after the initial disappointment in the quality of sources, you said something was ridiculous they were "just chilling and joking bro lol", and yeah there was and obvious pattern of "of course X is a hoax BUT something that's been bothering me for some time is how Y" sorta thing. I get it, have your fun. But honestly you've got aliens in the midst of all this? I'd say you're too too well off or not doing anything at all except for way too much weed lol

Sorry only alien thing I can come up with is president 45 of the USA. and if the UFO cult over at CSPAM is still ongoing I'd dare not look up on how far off they've gone.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Horrorosaurus posted:

that CSPAM thread 3 years ago went to such length, all the authors and witnesses that were posted. guys with goofy hair or silly shirts. A name "louie" is one they grasped unto for far enough for it to become embarrassing.

Then on it went and the last time I looked they were trying to send each other signals of some sort which sounds cool if you're 13 and lived in the 90's but it was a good time to nope the gently caress out.

Of course if, after the initial disappointment in the quality of sources, you said something was ridiculous they were "just chilling and joking bro lol", and yeah there was and obvious pattern of "of course X is a hoax BUT something that's been bothering me for some time is how Y" sorta thing. I get it, have your fun. But honestly you've got aliens in the midst of all this? I'd say you're too too well off or not doing anything at all except for way too much weed lol

Sorry only alien thing I can come up with is president 45 of the USA. and if the UFO cult over at CSPAM is still ongoing I'd dare not look up on how far off they've gone.

Trump's an alien? Still haven't seen Obama's birth certificate...

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Horrorosaurus posted:

an alien probed my rear end

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Horrorosaurus posted:

Haha yeah if there is an alien it’s probably that loving orange cheeto…. gently caress trump

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

thats a fish

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I read Communion when I was in college. I'm an English major, and I happened to be taking a class where we were spending a lot of time reading various works by Edgar Allen Poe. Because I was reading Communion at the same time, I noticed more than a few similarities as to how things were structured and being described. A lot of antagonistic characters in Poe's works are described similar to the way Strieber's large eyed "visitors" are. For another example, in The Pit and the Pendulum, the way the character describes waking up on a table, with the metal device over him which he doesn't know what it is at first, the way he is thirsty, etc., just the structure of it, the descriptions of everything, and other things were VERY similar to me to what Strieber describes when waking up in the "experiment" room (also with an unfamiliar device over him). So either:

1) Poe also had "visitor" experiences and he either didn't realize it, or didn't want to talk about it, so he put it into his works, or

2) Strieber has a literary background, being a writer and all, and draws on Gothic tradition (like Poe did), as well as other literary works that he himself studied (being a horror writer, he surely is familiar with Poe) to compose a compelling work of fiction disguised as reality... a "found footage" novel, if you will.

Which is more likely?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
A man on tiktok told me that there was some such explosive disclosure conference yesterday

Edit: found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?zDY7t6HihCw

Someone watch and tl;dr this and I promise to believe all of it

I have no idea how to link this correctly

Lt. Cock fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 13, 2023

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Lt. Cock posted:

A man on tiktok told me that there was some such explosive disclosure conference yesterday

Edit: found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?zDY7t6HihCw

Someone watch and tl;dr this and I promise to believe all of it

I have no idea how to link this correctly

It's deleted now but if it was the one with Greer take it with a grain of salt he's a huge nut.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

I read Communion when I was in college. I'm an English major, and I happened to be taking a class where we were spending a lot of time reading various works by Edgar Allen Poe. Because I was reading Communion at the same time, I noticed more than a few similarities as to how things were structured and being described. A lot of antagonistic characters in Poe's works are described similar to the way Strieber's large eyed "visitors" are. For another example, in The Pit and the Pendulum, the way the character describes waking up on a table, with the metal device over him which he doesn't know what it is at first, the way he is thirsty, etc., just the structure of it, the descriptions of everything, and other things were VERY similar to me to what Strieber describes when waking up in the "experiment" room (also with an unfamiliar device over him). So either:

1) Poe also had "visitor" experiences and he either didn't realize it, or didn't want to talk about it, so he put it into his works, or

2) Strieber has a literary background, being a writer and all, and draws on Gothic tradition (like Poe did), as well as other literary works that he himself studied (being a horror writer, he surely is familiar with Poe) to compose a compelling work of fiction disguised as reality... a "found footage" novel, if you will.

Which is more likely?

Hypnogogia and sleep paralysis can create “spiritual” experiences that have historically been interpreted as demonic visitation including things like being held captive by malign entities and being in a strange place, having unclear heavy things placed on their chests etc. Modern people have interpreted these same experiences as alien abductions.

I agree that a direct lifting from Poe is more likely.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
It is Greer. I know it’s gonna be stupid. And the video works and it’s there, but the forums insists on reformatting the link whenever I paste it into something broken.

https://youtube.com/live/zDY7t6HihCw?feature=share

Alright there we go I just had to manually type it in

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Bula Vinaka posted:

thats a fish

deep sea creatures are basically aliens

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
greer made drawings and coloured them to look old and then stamped raytheon over the top of all of it. just a complete grifter loon

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Bula Vinaka posted:

Which is more likely?

didn't poe also likely die of rabies?

Nov 6, 2002

Bula Vinaka posted:

thats a fish

ever see the biblical description of an angel?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

ever see the biblical description of an angel?

Love how bronze age religion mostly formed around weird poo poo the tribe priest saw while tripping his balls off on spoiled grain or magic mushrooms

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If Angels have that many eyes you'd really hope they are near perfect beings that never suffer from eye problems as gently caress trying to figure out how you get glasses on to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Contacts, you stupid idiot!