Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Or it is on a list of things to fix and they haven’t gotten to it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
All they have to do is color frozen ice dark instead of using fog particles.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

euphronius posted:

Or it is on a list of things to fix and they haven’t gotten to it yet

I mean yeah it's probably this.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I was thinking they could set the opacity, like how Necro Skeletons are super transparent for everyone else.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
After playing both twisting blades rogue and pulverize Druid to at least nightmare I’m giving arc lash sorc a shot and I like it. It’s super dumb

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There’s no “cow” level. It’s an oxen level

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Whose idea was it to make side quest rewards absolutely woeful. Great 20k gold when I have 10 million. Bizarre.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
If your character isn't covered in a smear of indistinguishable particle effects can you even claim to be playing an arpg at cap?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Theres at least one quest where the npc gives you a few hundred gold and their friend is like "no, we can't possibly afford to give them that!" folks, I am carrying 22 million gold in my pockets

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Whose idea was it to make side quest rewards absolutely woeful. Great 20k gold when I have 10 million. Bizarre.

can't make it anything scaling since you can only do them once!

So I guess they should just all be obols... but even then with the cap it would make it better to do them at max level. Making them always utterly useless at least means theres no reason to save them all. Only reason I can think of.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Yeah the per character (not universal) renown bonuses are absolutely laughable too

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Astryl posted:

Hidden camp outside caldeum is likely adjacent to the mystery cellar due to the inclusion of the obelisk that would have been placed here in D3.

The offering from the oxen statues (which needs to be dropped into the pool) are likely the tome and the leg. Doing so will give you the obelisk shard which can be used at the secret cellar (which requires a key to be unlocked) placing the shard into the obelisk in the cellar will create a portal to a hell tile set full of Hell Bovine.

The question is where do you find the Tome and the Leg as drops? And where is the secret cellar?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Astryl posted:

The question is where do you find the Tome and the Leg as drops? And where is the secret cellar?
Season 1, probably.

Speaking of, it's kinda lame that they have clearly kept most of the aspects as a seasonal thing (ala D3, IE: this season you can try out this build cause there is going to be a new aspect that buffs this skill or class feature). When you look at it, the list of aspects that any single class can use are very limited, to the point that you can probably have access to every single non-unique aspect for a specific character by the time you are 50 if you level up on activities that provide obols instead of doing the campaign.

Since almost every class/build is going to want the same exact stats per item slot, this kinda leaves you at the D3 Launch loot situation - minimal upgrades by getting the same affixes on rares with slightly better stats, with the "longevity" in this artificially inflated by the vast amount of totally rubbish affixes, especially on jewelry.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 13, 2023

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sab669 posted:

My favorite part of the World Events is how my screen is perpetually just a cloud of black smoke and I can't see a loving thing

give 'em a break, fixing this can't possibly be easy and should definitely not already be done by now, especially with how much they've been bragging about their ability to patch the game on the fly.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Donnerberg posted:

Just had a special window pop up at my stash that said "missed equipment" and gave me horse armor.

I have no idea where it came from, but it's nice knowing there's some sort of mechanic in place in case you miss certain drops.

fyi i heard this maxes out at 10 drops before things start getting deleted

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

can't make it anything scaling since you can only do them once!

So I guess they should just all be obols... but even then with the cap it would make it better to do them at max level. Making them always utterly useless at least means theres no reason to save them all. Only reason I can think of.

Actually I was confusing the gold reward with the xp reward. It is more like 3k gold per quest. Laughable. At least obols would give you rolls for aspects.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

Just had a special window pop up at my stash that said "missed equipment" and gave me horse armor.

I have no idea where it came from, but it's nice knowing there's some sort of mechanic in place in case you miss certain drops.

Twice for me it was a unique item, and I appreciated the help. I want to complain about the lack of color coding for items (it would be nice for Sacred and Ancestral to have their own colors or different tint) but uniques are real easy to miss because they're near-white. I think cosmetics are blue, also easy to ignore.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

paid money to post posted:

fyi i heard this maxes out at 10 drops before things start getting deleted

It does, it tells you when you're getting close to 10. So don't let em sit in there, if your stash has a weird card lookin icon over it go clean it out!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

LifeLynx posted:

Twice for me it was a unique item, and I appreciated the help. I want to complain about the lack of color coding for items (it would be nice for Sacred and Ancestral to have their own colors or different tint) but uniques are real easy to miss because they're near-white. I think cosmetics are blue, also easy to ignore.
I dropped an horse armor on a level 4 alt and the name was the same colour as uniques. What's super easy to miss for me are audio logs, since they are blue (exact same colour as the basically useless magic items).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I’m working on doing 100% on my renown. These will transfer to all my new characters that I create without the need to redo the maps/waypoints right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LifeLynx posted:

Uniques have an icon on your minimap and a giant beam circled by two more beams that light up the sky like a San Diego fireworks show the color coding isn't the reason you're missing them

e: it also plays a really loud sound effect that's, well, unique.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

obi_ant posted:

I’m working on doing 100% on my renown. These will transfer to all my new characters that I create without the need to redo the maps/waypoints right?

Yes, but we don't know for sure what/if any of it will transfer to new seasons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

That Italian Guy posted:

I dropped an horse armor on a level 4 alt and the name was the same colour as uniques. What's super easy to miss for me are audio logs, since they are blue (exact same colour as the basically useless magic items).

There's different rarities of horse armor. I've found unique and white/normal barding.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyhpGWnEpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmzjDvUvtk

diablo 4 pvp is awesome

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's different rarities of horse armor. I've found unique and white/normal barding.
Good to know that the only non story related unique I got so far was a horse armor then :v:

At least it's a cool brigandine looking thing.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is there a farmable Dungeon they haven't 'fixed' still? Got 2.5 levels out of Ruins last night and it was lovely.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The few cosmetics I've found I haven't even noticed picking up, except for the ghost horse from legion events. That was a white item both on ground and in inventory.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have so much to do in Diablo 4 tonight.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

ninjahedgehog posted:

This, steam is overriding your Diablo inputs

Saw this a couple pages back. I've never had this happen in Game Pass or other non Steam games with my Xbox Elite controller. Is it just Diablo for some reason?

I did go into steam recently and specifically have it recognize my Elite controller since before it was just a regular controller that worked. Did that do something? Are other games going to have this issue?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ked Bardu more like Fard Shidpu

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Blizzard had any spine then Gae Kul would be renamed to Gay Cool for the entirety of Pride month.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

obi_ant posted:

The regional renown grind is a strong point of contention right now being so time-consuming with the mind-numbing third rate MMO map filler activities it has you jumping through. It's a gateway for many achievements/titles permanently inked on your account but many dungeon-running ARPG players are going straight to lobbying against whole thing, questioning its permanence going through seasons/realms/and whatever other instanced excuses they can come up with. Currently the world map starts out unexplored on your alts, with only the waypoints to major cities available, but with strong ongoing keyboard warrioring who knows how it will shape up in a month or a year from now.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 13, 2023

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Bad news for anyone that was having fun in Ruins of Eridu: Fun is not allowed. You may no longer have fun.

Noticed it myself just now and yup, sure enough: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/148o7eb/they_literally_nerfed_ruins_of_eridu_too/

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Ked Bardu more like Fard Shidpu

Turd Ulra

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

coelomate posted:

Bad news for anyone that was having fun in Ruins of Eridu: Fun is not allowed. You may no longer have fun.

Noticed it myself just now and yup, sure enough: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/148o7eb/they_literally_nerfed_ruins_of_eridu_too/

yup: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/hotfix-9-june-13-2023-102/47702

but at least edgemasters is back

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

exquisite tea posted:

If Blizzard had any spine then Gae Kul would be renamed to Gay Cool for the entirety of Pride month.

They'd probably want to settle on a pronunciation then, because I've heard three different ones from NPCs.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

coelomate posted:

Brutal, iron hold maybe has a decent elite pack ratio in the second area??

Heaven forbid we kill monsters in this game

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes, this is true. I was just talking about item affixes. Ilvl 725 is where they cap out.

i can’t find it now but someone on reddit posted an item that was natively 800-something before the +25 upgrade and it looked like there might have been another tier possible (some ranges of the stats were above those off the 725 ilvl items)

has anyone found a good resource for a list of the transmog items? ive only got a few weapons and leg pieces that i haven’t unlocked and i don’t know if i’m just waiting for unique drops or if i missed a particular type

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I've definitely been rocking an ilevel 800 two hander on my barb since level 62. It came from a world boss chest in WT4. I'm level 80 now and I still haven't found anything close to replace it. Most of the gear I find is around 760ish with rare exceptions that are closer to 790-800.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

harrygomm posted:

i can’t find it now but someone on reddit posted an item that was natively 800-something before the +25 upgrade and it looked like there might have been another tier possible (some ranges of the stats were above those off the 725 ilvl items)

There seems to be another tier breakpoint at 810, as that seems to be the word around the discords, so possibly save your good 790s and 4-star them.