Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I've put my pp across all genders and I'm proud to be an aggressive ho bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i was listening to multi-national pride music on the local college fm radio station today (like songs in portugese and french and spanish etc)

it was p good tunes. what caught my ear tho was one song had a little repeated background singers phrase and i realized that it was the 'bup-shu-bup-a-buppa buppa shu-bup' from peppermint twist. it made my smile a little bigger at that moment.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I've put my pp across all genders and I'm proud to be an aggressive ho bag

Hell same, proudly bi+ as gently caress, never gonna stop

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I will never get this, what do parents like this think is going to happen if their party takes total control over the country? They'll spare their kids for being "the good ones"?

I love my mom but can't stand her politics, the only consolation I have is that she's not "too mean" about it and mostly keeps her regressive views to herself. But I'm like, what does she think her party is going to do to me and my gay uncle, or my gay stepbrother if they take over? I haven't even come out to her because I don't see what I'd even gain, I think her only response would be feigned indifference.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

buglord posted:

Happy pride to those who have parents who love them unconditionally but still vote in particularly despicable ways :pwn:

drat do I feel this

i kinda just figure since they are leaning this way that my business is something that would only be a net negative to bring to light to them. ain't gonna kill me or anything if nobody ever knows so I'm fine with it

Putty fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 13, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

buglord posted:

How easy is it to get at home HIV testing? Grindr was peddling free at home kits a while back. Is that something kind of easily accessible, the same way Covid tests were from some pharmacies?
At-home ones do exist, but they’re kind of expensive (compared to covid tests). Also historically they were seen as not a good idea — the concern was that people who tested positive, but didn’t have anyone there to tell them about treatment options and outcomes, might freak out and do something drastic. It was only recently that an FDA-approved at-home test became available after studies showed that wasn’t super likely anymore.

Anyway, at-home tests exist but aren’t super common. However, almost all big pride events I’ve been to have a booth where medical professionals are doing free onsite testing, usually just a cheek swab. You can google and see if any pride events near you will have a booth, since it’s super common. If not, you might have free city clinics for STI testing?

If you’re negative, a city clinic or Planned Parenthood can also work with you to get you on PrEP super cheap.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Putty posted:

drat do I feel this

i kinda just figure since they are leaning this way that my business is something that would only be a net negative to bring to light to them. ain't gonna kill me or anything if nobody ever knows so I'm fine with it
ill be honest, what sucked is that I could formerly hide behind the "well maybe if my parents knew who i really was, they'd reconsider how they vote" as some sort of plausible deniability for one's own sanity. It doesn't feel great when that goes away. obviously your call here. on the plus side, I can tell my mom more things that I always had to keep under wraps, but still, bleh. i guess if I should continue to talk about this more, I should explain that my mom is R, my dad is D, both are split and remarried. Out to my mom, not out to my dad (logically it makes sense to come out to dad given his much more open and nuanced take to social issues, but coming out is an incredibly vulnerable experience and I hate the feeling of that)
Thanks for the response on this. I was hoping I could stock up on them like I do with covid tests but meh doesn't seem to be the case. I was thinking of getting involved with a positive status guy who is U=U, and maybe having some test kits around for myself would make it easier on me to overcome the medical anxiety that comes with it. I've considered PrEP too, but honestly my frequency of activity (uncommon) and position (side, as opposed to top/bottom/verse) means I probably don't need to to be on it, unless one of those things really changes.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 13, 2023

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

This old geezer doesn’t text back, fwiw

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Got some new livery for my bicycle

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

buglord posted:

This old geezer doesn’t text back, fwiw

i don't have a phone, sorry

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Coming out of Awful retirement to wish all the letters of the gay alphabet a successful completion of their agendas this month.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Fatrick posted:

Coming out of Awful retirement to wish all the letters of the gay alphabet a successful completion of their agendas this month.

Today, GBS. Tomorrow, the forums.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

The hell, some of you still have family after coming out?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

buglord posted:

Thanks for the response on this. I was hoping I could stock up on them like I do with covid tests but meh doesn't seem to be the case. I was thinking of getting involved with a positive status guy who is U=U, and maybe having some test kits around for myself would make it easier on me to overcome the medical anxiety that comes with it. I've considered PrEP too, but honestly my frequency of activity (uncommon) and position (side, as opposed to top/bottom/verse) means I probably don't need to to be on it, unless one of those things really changes.
yeah I agree you prob don’t need to, but it might be worth looking into prep just to help yourself chill. My friends are getting it for like under $10 a month, might be worth it for peace of mind

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I've been in a bad mental state for the past many years and I kind of want to go to a pride event just to have something to do and look forward to, but the big local celebration is happening in October for National Coming Out Day so I guess I'll have to wait for that. I'll keep an eye out for anything else this month though

Family is mostly fine but I came out to my mom like three times because every time she would "forget" I was bi, and then once reminded she'd try to pressure me into choosing men over anyone else. I have not tried to remind her again.

The goddamn tofu has done it again

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
imagine being straight lmao

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
Last year was SLC pride, this year Denver pride, should be fun

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I hope everyone everywhere knows that you don't have to apologize for not being cishet. I was in my 40s before I realized how toxic the phrase "sorry, I'm gay" really is.

Be proud. You got programmed to be something you aren't and you figured it out anyway. Other people's comfort isn't your responsibility and it isn't selfish to push their problems back at them.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Grey Cat posted:

I think my father almost used my name for the first time ever tonight but I interrupted him before he did and I think ima kick myself about it forever lol RIP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

buglord posted:

How easy is it to get at home HIV testing? Grindr was peddling free at home kits a while back. Is that something kind of easily accessible, the same way Covid tests were from some pharmacies?

Dat username dough

:fuckoff:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Grey Cat posted:

Mine was just relieved that I'd finally found someone - they seemed genuinely worried that I would become some sort of apartment hermit.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

My parents just assumed I was gay. Had to convince them I liked girls when I came out as trans.

iHaveNoImagination
Jun 16, 2006
grandpa always said "If you ain't folding winning hands, you are playing too many"

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

imagine being straight lmao

I’ve been straight for most of my life unfortunately. I was born straight but my parents tried to raise me gay and when I came out as straight it was such a hard choice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

iHaveNoImagination posted:

I’ve been straight for most of my life unfortunately. I was born straight but my parents tried to raise me gay and when I came out as straight it was such a hard choice.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm very gay. Pride doesn't do much to my cold cynical heart but its cool to get drunk on the street legally.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Grey Cat posted:

My dad explained that he will love me no matter what I do in life, even if he hugely disagrees with it. He accepts everyone, no matter how sinful he personally thinks their life choices are, and doesn't think any less of them for their lifestyle decisions. If I have a problem with that, gosh, then I'm not accepting his opinions, so who's the real bigot here?

To be clear, this is way, way better than being disowned.

Mom is cool about everything except that mom thinks I should just accept that dad is "old fashioned" and "not pick fights."

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

I'm feeling pretty lucky and grateful that my whole family accepted me being trans without any problems :blessed:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

iHaveNoImagination posted:

Wasn't there a Kids in the Hall sketch about coming out as straight?

Man, they had a ton of great gay stuff, especially for the time. They really pushed the envelope for what was normally accepted and talked about. Buddy Cole, the Steps sketches.... Scott, you are a treasure and always will be.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

I don't know what the hell I am, but I’ve been questioning for some time. I went to my first Pride event this weekend and had a great time. Such an incredible atmosphere of love and acceptance. My heart was full and whole, and I think that tells me something.

Saw this during the march and was genuinely touched.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 13, 2023

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

im the premiere statistically worrisome bisexual

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yeah, we're not doing the ~but I'm straight~ facetious poo poo here. :thanks:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

etc.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

It occurs to me that the thread tag, "gently caress This Gay Earth" can be read an entirely different way that I'd been reading it.

gently caress this gay earth and everyone on it! Everybody deserves to get laid (or not, if that's their preference), by whatever flavor of consenting adult they want to get laid with! :D

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 13, 2023

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

I just picked it because it said gay in it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

No deeper meaning, only gay.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I came out to my mum in a very off hand way and she just went, "yeah, uhuh, I'm in the middle of playing my pogo game, I got the gist" and then ignored me.

It's not a good thing, but I do have the advantage that no one in my family cares about each other's existences, genuinely, so coming out is like "okay, but why are you talking to me in the first place."

So coming out was easy for me, is what I'm saying.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edit: ^^^ I wish your experience was more positive, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. :ohdear:

-----------

Just gonna put it out there (or in there)... For all penis owners, but more specifically prostate owners, if you haven't experienced that, you are missing out and I feel sorry for you, truly. No joke, no sarcasm, it is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just gonna put it out there (or in there)... For all penis owners, but more specifically prostate owners, if you haven't experienced that, you are missing out and I feel sorry for you, truly. No joke, no sarcasm, it is incredible.

Tried it once and hated it lol. Everyone said I was either doing it wrong or the other person was doing it wrong but ghhhhhh. I also can’t overcome the “this makes me feel like I have to dook” sensation.