Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Can someone ELI5 how to do fast dungeons? Usually we completely disband party, but everybody ends up in town so we need to hoof it back to the dungeon.

Someone should probably exit dungeon before the party reforms, so they're right there, but should it be the new party leader or an invitee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

coelomate posted:

Bad news for anyone that was having fun in Ruins of Eridu: Fun is not allowed. You may no longer have fun.

Noticed it myself just now and yup, sure enough: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/148o7eb/they_literally_nerfed_ruins_of_eridu_too/

I never got to try it Pre-nerf but I would note that people didn’t find it fun and rewarding because it was broken, they found it fun and rewarding because there were more monsters to kill

The people crave that PoE mapping experience

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

I never got to try it Pre-nerf but I would note that people didn’t find it fun and rewarding because it was broken, they found it fun and rewarding because there were more monsters to kill

The people crave that PoE mapping experience

People want D3 rifts, even if they don't realize it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dameius posted:

Brother I've been saying this since the start I know what I'm about.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Dameius posted:

People want hell bovine, even if they don't realize it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dameius posted:

I like the differences in the dungeons/getting to pick ones that work better for my class and changing it up when I want to do something else. Just... make all of those things have density to match the various dungeons they nerfed, instead of the other way around. High density = more fun no matter how it's packaged

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I mean diablo 2 vanilla you ran chaos sanc and let the level 93 kill diablo, then lod went from cows to baal in some patch. Rifts were very well received in d3 after a lovely start to the game. People like going where there is the most monsters, all the time lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

BrianBoitano posted:

Can someone ELI5 how to do fast dungeons? Usually we completely disband party, but everybody ends up in town so we need to hoof it back to the dungeon.

Someone should probably exit dungeon before the party reforms, so they're right there, but should it be the new party leader or an invitee?

Any reason you aren't using the 'leave dungeon' button?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

iirc you just need to reform with a party leader different from the one that last hosted it

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I posted about this before but ideally they should buff density + exp gain in NM dungeons so people actually want to run those over regular dungeons. Spamming regular dungeons in WT3&4 should never be the play. Instead they keep nerfing whatever the next-in-line dungeon with decent density is every day like they're playing a weird dev game of whack-a-mole.

Quite frankly I also think the dungeon design is lacking in general. NM dungeons should just be big packs of monsters that you kill until you find the boss room. I do not really care for all this "find doodad 1, backtrack, find doodad 2, do an interim room, find 3 elites spread out, backtrack, kill boss" design that most dungeons have. It feels like busywork that doesn't really add to the enjoyment of the entire thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blizzard explicitly said they were going to address the issue of having to run through empty hallways in the dungeons and I thought they were going to fix that for release but maybe they're planning to do it later. Teleporting monsters to the player in the "kill all monsters" segments was the other fix they were talking about and they did implement that.

Another thing that aggravates me in dungeons is how you can only hold one "key" at a time, often forcing you to backtrack through the aforementioned empty hallways if you find the keys before getting to the door.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Clocks posted:

I posted about this before but ideally they should buff density + exp gain in NM dungeons so people actually want to run those over regular dungeons. Spamming regular dungeons in WT3&4 should never be the play. Instead they keep nerfing whatever the next-in-line dungeon with decent density is every day like they're playing a weird dev game of whack-a-mole.

Quite frankly I also think the dungeon design is lacking in general. NM dungeons should just be big packs of monsters that you kill until you find the boss room. I do not really care for all this "find doodad 1, backtrack, find doodad 2, do an interim room, find 3 elites spread out, backtrack, kill boss" design that most dungeons have. It feels like busywork that doesn't really add to the enjoyment of the entire thing.

You're right rifts and greater rifts should make a comeback.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Clocks posted:

No no no, this is "ARPG brain" and is frowned upon. Nightmare dungeons are only for glyph leveling

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want vampire survivors

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

ninjahedgehog posted:

:hai:

Just rolled credits and an actual paladin or crusader might be tough to squeeze in due to story reasons, but there's plenty of room for Armiger/Warlord/Champion/Zealot/whatever they want to call their holy knight archetype that's not technically affiliated with the knights-penitent

My understanding is that the Zakarum priests and paladins you interact with, while in a bad way, are not part of the Knights Penitent. I think there's definitely narrative room for them to reintroduce an old school D2 paladin out of the folks in Hawezar. I also think there's a lot of expansion hooks in that zone being mysterious.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Magus42 posted:

Any reason you aren't using the 'leave dungeon' button?

That's what I meant by the last sentence. I just mean, can only the new party leader do that? Would be nice to take turns vendor running.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Brother I've been saying this since the start I know what I'm about.

SettingSun posted:

You're right rifts and greater rifts should make a comeback.

:hai:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I like the differences in the dungeons/getting to pick ones that work better for my class and changing it up when I want to do something else. Just... make all of those things have density to match the various dungeons they nerfed, instead of the other way around. High density = more fun no matter how it's packaged

Just do what everyone does when they get an, in their opinion, poo poo grift. Bail and launch another one. Rift system the objectively superior form of ARPG post campaign grind.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

I want vampire survivors

Unironically this. Give us a map or dungeon that is just non-stop waves of monsters spawning at you until you die.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I was looking through my imgur album and I got sad looking at what us necros lost.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Blizzard explicitly said they were going to address the issue of having to run through empty hallways in the dungeons and I thought they were going to fix that for release but maybe they're planning to do it later. Teleporting monsters to the player in the "kill all monsters" segments was the other fix they were talking about and they did implement that.

Another thing that aggravates me in dungeons is how you can only hold one "key" at a time, often forcing you to backtrack through the aforementioned empty hallways if you find the keys before getting to the door.
I want to say they "fixed" this by adding the move speed buff to holding keys and also making the dungeon design more linear and adding events/chests to the dead ends. TBH it's not easy to solve the problem of "make dungeons varietal, make them labyrinthian, but also don't waste a player's time" and different games have different solutions but none of them have felt very good to me outside of, yep, D3 rifts. Just give me the hallway to plow through, gently caress it.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 13, 2023

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

after dicking around with respeccing in t4 I can confirm my pre release opinion that respec costs suck rear end and add nothing of value

I can also confirm that multiple builds are fun and feel good

Dameius posted:

I do not

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ruins of Eridu.

And its been nerfed apparently

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmao at the nerfs of places where people can actually get good mob density in an ARPG

Any progress on re-enabling those aspects that you have to read the forums to know aren’t currently working on your equipment?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Dameius posted:

People want D3 rifts The Pit, even if they don't realize it.

Jokes aside, the PvP zone is probably going to see a lot more people in it when it becomes the only area in the game with that level of density outside of a Helltide.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Even helltide density is pretty bad.

Eridu was fantasic: every few paces down the corridor was a nice big pack, usually with a defence buffer or 2-3 elites, and if there were no elites, half the time a pack would spawn on you for fun.

I was getting a 1/4 level and a inventory and a half of yellow+ per clear.

I just want rifts again it's true. Let me wade through an endless tide of demons, pausing only briefly to explode elite packs.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao at the nerfs of places where people can actually get good mob density in an ARPG

Any progress on re-enabling those aspects that you have to read the forums to know aren’t currently working on your equipment?

I have this whacky idea that they buff other dungeons no one is running. Truely groundbreaking stuff

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

DaveKap posted:

I was looking through my imgur album and I got sad looking at what us necros lost.

Eh, not sure exactly what the necbros lost and the range seems to be pretty short on that fam.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

zoux posted:

I want vampire survivors

To be honest, deep down yes

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
also I'm running the game on potato graphic settings and am not having much trouble with the necro clouds, not sure which specific setting does the trick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

These are the kinds of changes you see from developers who have mostly worked on MMOs. A general fixation on trying to control the experience for everyone equally instead of just letting people run wild. If Chaos Sanctuary came out in 2023 they would have nerfed it already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

These are the kinds of changes you see from developers who have mostly worked on MMOs. A general fixation on trying to control the experience for everyone equally instead of just letting people run wild. If Chaos Sanctuary came out in 2023 they would have nerfed it already.

Exactly, this is the most frustrating thing about the balance around Diablo IV.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

also I'm running the game on potato graphic settings and am not having much trouble with the necro clouds, not sure which specific setting does the trick

If anyone finds out, speak up. God I wanna kill those clouds.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Also your daily reminder that the cash shop might as well not exist if you're a necro, goddamn they put some extra love into this armor

None of that is even unique, that's just basic poo poo legendaries.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Signal boosting for my buddy, here. Haven't seen anyone really talk about this Sorc build, and it worked well for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jGgtcId4ho

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Eh, not sure exactly what the necbros lost and the range seems to be pretty short on that fam.

Your gif is missing the skill bar. How's the cooldowns and essence doing?
Edit: Plus you're still targetable and able to take DoT damage, two things the mist version definitely wins over.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 13, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I'll tell you what they lost: all those bones flying around everywhere. There is not nearly enough of that in the game as it is.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

idk if its just RNG hating me but it feels like NM dungeons for me are like the same repeating 5 or 6 dungeons its rarely a new dungeon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would def like a priest or paladin class

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Servers acting up for anyone else?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Popy posted:

idk if its just RNG hating me but it feels like NM dungeons for me are like the same repeating 5 or 6 dungeons its rarely a new dungeon

That's not just you. There are a very small fixed number of nms right now. I think they claim they will change every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

did anyone post this poo poo yet lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QbDBHA3y4