Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I keep getting Willo and Covok mixed up

They would sometimes set each other off and you would have to spray them with a hose like a couple of fighting dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:lol: and :lmao:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That too. They are blowing up an avg of 30 arty systems a day.

Ha, you fools! Every artillery system destroyed increases the ammunition available to the remaining artillery systems!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tiaz posted:

Ha, you fools! Every artillery system destroyed increases the ammunition available to the remaining artillery systems!
:negative:

We fell right into that trap...

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1668339898619928577?s=20

hee hee hee

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668683312989106176
You *checks notes* demilitarized Ukraine so hard they now have western tanks, weapons, artillery, and soon fighter jets, while your tatterdemalion "army" will effectively cease to exist as a modern fighting force by the second anniversary of the war, or maybe sooner. Whatever floats your boat, buddy. :lol:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s a mistranslation, he means the Russian Federation is being demilitarized in Ukraine.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I had to look up what tatterdemalion meant, zone did you get a victorian english dictionary??

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

I had to look up what tatterdemalion meant, zone did you get a victorian english dictionary??

:shrug: it just came to me while I was formulating the post and I used it, pretty much

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

zone posted:

:shrug: it just came to me while I was formulating the post and I used it, pretty much

it's a great word thank you for introducing me

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s a mistranslation, he means the Russian Federation is being demilitarized in Ukraine.

:doh:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

lol fair enough, I'm gonna challenge myself to find a use for it in a sentence today

As much as we dog on tankies for huffing the copium it's really embarassing to see your own side do it too. The latest one going around is some rumor about Shoigu declaring open season on Wagner PMC troops and it was the start of another civil war, just totally laughable fantasy.

When it comes to the counteroffensive people need to remember that If you expected this to be a victory parade all the way to crimea, then you're as cooked on cope as the vatniks who reserved tables in Kyiv restaurants for lunch on February 25th

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 39 hours!)

Data Graham posted:

I keep getting Willo and Covok mixed up

I seem to recall a Willow-like name from 2008 Obama/McCain threads in LF?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1668714775256223744?s=20

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Meaning they breached the second line?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Meaning they breached the second line?

Meaning there is a second front?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
code brown

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
No idea, only posted it because DefMon doesn't usually do vague crypticposting and has historically talked poo poo about people who did. But he has yet to elaborate, so..2

And I doubt anyone can prove it but I would be very shocked if DefMon wasn't a GRU/GRU-affiliated information launderer based on things he's posted about in the past relating to the Kharkiv counteroffensive and Kherson counteroffensive. Occasionally those get exposed on the Russian side.

E: https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1668716509466640390?s=20

lmao

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 13, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The debat

HonorableTB posted:

lol fair enough, I'm gonna challenge myself to find a use for it in a sentence today

As much as we dog on tankies for huffing the copium it's really embarassing to see your own side do it too. The latest one going around is some rumor about Shoigu declaring open season on Wagner PMC troops and it was the start of another civil war, just totally laughable fantasy.

When it comes to the counteroffensive people need to remember that If you expected this to be a victory parade all the way to crimea, then you're as cooked on cope as the vatniks who reserved tables in Kyiv restaurants for lunch on February 25th
I expect to see putin in handcuffs by the end of the week :colbert:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

No idea, only posted it because DefMon doesn't usually do vague crypticposting and has historically talked poo poo about people who did. But he has yet to elaborate, so..2

And I doubt anyone can prove it but I would be very shocked if DefMon wasn't a GRU/GRU-affiliated information launderer based on things he's posted about in the past relating to the Kharkiv counteroffensive and Kherson counteroffensive. Occasionally those get exposed on the Russian side.

lmao

Lol. Didn't think so.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Doing my monthly pop up in this thread to ask... who's winning?

I heard about Putin going scorched earth in some parts of Ukraine and bombing infraestructure, so... what the gently caress is that. Nobody recommends doing that in war. You're supposed to capture and then use their own structures for your benefit. I know because I read The Art of War

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm winning

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

HonorableTB posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1668717469022797826

also :lol: at despite all the propaganda about saving motherland and blah blah, there is only 6k Russian volunteers

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1668717768194117632

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 13, 2023

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I heard about Putin going scorched earth in some parts of Ukraine and bombing infraestructure, so... what the gently caress is that. Nobody recommends doing that in war. You're supposed to capture and then use their own structures for your benefit. I know because I read The Art of War

Everyone's losing.

Ukraine can't bring back the people Russia killed, and even with western aid, it will be a struggle to rebuild their economy after the war, especially since Russia will still be a threat even if fully thrown out.

Russia shat their pants on a global stage and their soft power is nosediving as countries reach out to China or the west. Also their economy is hosed, and their plans to shatter NATO's cohesion backfired.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: Def Mon doesn't miss a thing.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

They give walmart employees a list of code phrases to use to describe various incidents. This is the one for an active shooter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bluemillion posted:

They give walmart employees a list of code phrases to use to describe various incidents. This is the one for an active shooter.

that's a bit on the nose

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

code brown in hospitals is usually for a putin special that needs cleaning up, just imagine being a janitor going from a hospital to a walmart and hearing a code brown and thinking its time to clean up poo poo but you get blasted instead because putin's a big piece of poo poo and he launched a missile at your grocery store

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

willo's balls. But at what cost?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Article about fonts and Ukraine:

https://rentafont.com/blog/21st-century-Ukrainian-society-and-fonts

edit: hit control enter and it posts?? well here's more images:

Very cool church font.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

That there was no Soviet design is a ludicrous notion, especially when we're talking about fonts, but fonts are always a cool subject.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

It's especially unclear at the moment.
Russia's winter offensive is definitely over and only got them a few km² against massive losses, but they're not broken and not giving up. Running low on everything, though.

Ukraine appears to have started their own offensive, but it is being kept very secret how that's working out. Best we can tell they have pushed a bit towards Mariupol, taken back a village or two, and lost some NATO hardware on the way. I get the impression they have held back a large part of their forces so far, so this is presumably just the early stages.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

the popes toes posted:

That there was no Soviet design is a ludicrous notion, especially when we're talking about fonts, but fonts are always a cool subject.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

he's really shown growth by sitting next to people at the table

Jimlit posted:

You know your robot sucks when you have to also light stuff on fire for enhanced drama.

all they had to do was drive it in circles a few more minutes too

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 14, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668691437288824833?s=20

lmao filming at Hobbiton in New Zealand apparently

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wow, definitely a cool and good thing to say.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If it was true (:lol:), and he had the slightest hint of a spine, the smart dictator play would be to tell Russia thanks for the nukes and gently caress off outta his country or they get them back express-delivery.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wouldn't worry about it. Under a million people just died immediately and it's fine.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If it was true (:lol:), and he had the slightest hint of a spine, the smart dictator play would be to tell Russia thanks for the nukes and gently caress off outta his country or they get them back express-delivery.

that would be impossible without the permissive action links, which would not be in belarusian hands. that could be worked around given enough time and expertise but luka wouldn't have that time. this is also assuming that there are weapons that would be in an assembled state and ready-loaded onto launch vehicles. just not something that any nuclear power would allow if they had a shred of competence

so what im saying is that willo567's balls would get nuked the next tuesday

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. Under a million people just died immediately and it's fine.

There's a correction below saying it was one million. Do you think he did the little Dr Evil finger gesture when he did? Because how often do you get a chance like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

willo567 is technically under a million :thunk: