Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Has anyone seen that a reward was available for a world boss but upon completion you didn't get a cache?

euphronius posted:

If your DPS is too low, you don’t get cache.
Thank you! That's the first and last WT4 boss I do for a while, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

gumms

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Black Griffon posted:

Servers acting up for anyone else?

dang near unplayable tbh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

These are the kinds of changes you see from developers who have mostly worked on MMOs. A general fixation on trying to control the experience for everyone equally instead of just letting people run wild. If Chaos Sanctuary came out in 2023 they would have nerfed it already.

Can’t wait till they Jay Wilson the bozo running this and we get the insanely fun endgame this game deserves

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ehud posted:

did anyone post this poo poo yet lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QbDBHA3y4

They're doing so much, but gently caress it, why not.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

dang near unplayable tbh

Got in now but the error message said my account was locked so I was nervous my shitposting whispers to a friend had been autoflagged or something.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Your gif is missing the skill bar. How's the cooldowns and essence doing?
Edit: Plus you're still targetable and able to take DoT damage, two things the mist version definitely wins over.

There are no cooldowns on Blood Surge spender and like five Corpse Explosion builders to top up the essence. Also targetable by whom, nothing even touches my healthbar if I just stand there in a pool of poison or not and spam 1400% Overpower.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

euphronius posted:

Oh drat really? Frick

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Did they try to fix something related to GPU usage and made it even worse?

I can see my GPU usage jump from 54% to 93% by just opening the inventory now.

No vendor window needed. Just hit "I" and switch on that hairdryer.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ehud posted:

did anyone post this poo poo yet lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QbDBHA3y4

love her

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What they actually should do is add more events, enemies, and things to do on the world map instead of just being lazy and making Nightmare Dungeons just like rifts, like they don't have to do that, that doesn't have to be the solution, I don't know why the gently caress everyone is so uncreative about this poo poo.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I do too. That video is cringy as gently caress though. Says Ep1 as well, I wonder who else will be doing it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What they actually should do is add more events, enemies, and things to do on the world map instead of just being lazy and making Nightmare Dungeons just like rifts, like they don't have to do that, that doesn't have to be the solution, I don't know why the gently caress everyone is so uncreative about this poo poo.

i'm fairly certain this is what they have planned for seasons. you don't spend half a decade building a massive open world and then abandon it to run tiny hallways for another decade

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Cringe is fun sometimes, you just gotta embrace how stupid it is.

Anyway, gently caress this tomb king guy or whatever, not a difficult fight, just incredibly annoying. No, I don't want to Leap over to a loving bone wall in the corner of the room or directly into a shadow pool as the motherfucker teleports everywhere. Of course I don't want to do that.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Just hit WT3, can someone explain what these sacred items are, and not in the context of whatever is explained when I google it because google is telling me they're these super amazing 7+ affix drops that only drop in a special area I've never even been to yet, and the sacred items I'm getting are just white pieces of trash with no stats

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jelly posted:

Just hit WT3, can someone explain what these sacred items are, and not in the context of whatever is explained when I google it because google is telling me they're these super amazing 7+ affix drops that only drop in a special area I've never even been to yet, and the sacred items I'm getting are just white pieces of trash with no stats

They're higher item level. Why do (sacred) whites drop? Because Blizzard literally made the same mistake in D4 that they made in D3 with loot 1.0 :laffo:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Better stats than non-sacred

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Jelly posted:

Just the higher tier of item type.

So basically the same as unique > legendary > yellow > blue > white you have ancestral > sacred > normal.

All things being equal a sacred legendary sword is going to have a higher ilvl and be better than a normal one, and an ancient will be better than that sacred.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Jelly posted:

They are just a higher tier of base item, like how in Diablo 2 you could get exceptional or elite bases in nightmare/hell difficulty

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They can roll higher affix ranges as well as a bonus affix.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Did I gently caress myself out of Nightmare dungeons? So I rolled over to WT3, got my first sigil, went and did that dungeon and got a second sigil. Used it to spawn another Nightmare dungeon but didn't go there since I had other poo poo I wanted to do. Forgot about it entirely yesterday. It's just gone? There's a limited amount of time to go do it?

Also I then find out that after beating your first dungeon you're supposed to talk to the enchanter in Kyovashad to get the ability to craft sigils. I didn't, and talking to him now does absolutely nothing. The option is greyed out, can't make a sigil. What do?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Did I gently caress myself out of Nightmare dungeons? So I rolled over to WT3, got my first sigil, went and did that dungeon and got a second sigil. Used it to spawn another Nightmare dungeon but didn't go there since I had other poo poo I wanted to do. Forgot about it entirely yesterday. It's just gone? There's a limited amount of time to go do it?

Also I then find out that after beating your first dungeon you're supposed to talk to the enchanter in Kyovashad to get the ability to craft sigils. I didn't, and talking to him now does absolutely nothing. The option is greyed out, can't make a sigil. What do?

Do the tree and get a box. It will always have at least 1 if you don't have any.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Just finished it again! I think it's fair to say GOTY at this point. Hell, maybe the best game ever.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Complained online, got two sigils a minute later from the Tree. Thanks everyone!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

“Intricate Metallic Shard”

My friend in sanctuary that is a nephalem obelisk and there is one in the old camp that matches the location of the obelisk in D3.

I will find the cows.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you get a million sigils from whispers and legion events

having a quest disappear is weird tho

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dr. Clockwork posted:

You get the enchanter stuff unlocked once you do a level 3 nightmare dungeon (or higher). So if you only did a level 1, then that's why.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao at the nerfs of places where people can actually get good mob density in an ARPG

Any progress on re-enabling those aspects that you have to read the forums to know aren’t currently working on your equipment?

yeah they’rereenabled. i think you have to read the forums again to find out. maybe twitter

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Baffling that they keep nerfing mob density instead of buffing them in other areas

Makes you wonder if the lead devs have played arpgs before

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Druid leveling is weird. I'll do one story dungeon and I can barely stay alive, using all of my potions constantly. Then the next, I absolutely wreck everything. So weird. Almost like I have one resistance terribly low or something.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Books On Tape posted:

Druid leveling is weird. I'll do one story dungeon and I can barely stay alive, using all of my potions constantly. Then the next, I absolutely wreck everything. So weird. Almost like I have one resistance terribly low or something.

Resistances may as well not exist, stat is fundamentally broken. If you're using Cyclone Armor, probably definitely switch it for Earthen Bulwark. And take some time hoofing it to the Dungeons that give some of the better defensive options; that way you can just repeatedly slap it on any good Rare you find.

e; oh and leveling on WT2 isn't really worth it

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 14, 2023

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

exquisite tea posted:

These are the kinds of changes you see from developers who have mostly worked on MMOs. A general fixation on trying to control the experience for everyone equally instead of just letting people run wild. If Chaos Sanctuary came out in 2023 they would have nerfed it already.

this is what I don't get about disabling two aspects with no eta on re-enabling them. some people were getting 100 billion damage whirlwinds. who cares? we aren't even playing in a ladder season right now, there's no competitive pvp or pve in this game. why do they have to disable them globally?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gone Fashing posted:

this is what I don't get about disabling two aspects with no eta on re-enabling them. some people were getting 100 billion damage whirlwinds. who cares? we aren't even playing in a ladder season right now, there's no competitive pvp or pve in this game. why do they have to disable them globally?

because of the statue!!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They re enabled them already. And the whirlwind thing was definitely a bug. That was going to get fixed in any landscape.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

I haven’t had any issues going all lightning and trample, then using gear with vulnerable or lightning damage. I melt groups at a time. I have a link to my build in my precious post.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Astryl posted:

“Intricate Metallic Shard”

My friend in sanctuary that is a nephalem obelisk and there is one in the old camp that matches the location of the obelisk in D3.

I will find the cows.

God I hope so. Seas of undulating evil beef as far as the eye can see.

I've also become convinced they programmed the game not to drop items for your current spec. I've had the blacksmith blow up so many goddamn fire legendaries. The past day has made it certain for me though.

I figured I'd try a proper reccomended sorc build just to see how it rolls. Arc Lash / Chain Lightning since I had like all the aspects already. First off, yeah that poo poo is busted. Then like the 3rd area I hit dropped unique frost spec pants. Well whatever, let's try the official ice shards build for funsies too. First helltide I hit, unique lightning spec staff. gently caress you game, I'm not changing again, besides it seemed pretty poo poo. Then a few minutes ago unique fire spec staff drops too.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I beat the campaign and want to do a little plot talk. Overall it was far better than D3’s plot but I do have some confusion. Inarius is basically just confirmed for being a dumbass and is maybe worse than Lilith from what I’m getting. Lilith had demon morality but cared about the future of Humanity in her hosed up way, but Inarius didn’t care if everyone died as long as he could get back to heaven. So why did we never just try to talk to Lilith, she seemed like she may have listened to reason. Less of a waste of time than talking to Inarius, anyway.

Also it almost felt like Diablo 3 never happened. I didn’t catch any references to the plot of 3 during the campaign. Maybe some side-quests had connections?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Enos Shenk posted:

God I hope so. Seas of undulating evil beef as far as the eye can see.

I've also become convinced they programmed the game not to drop items for your current spec. I've had the blacksmith blow up so many goddamn fire legendaries. The past day has made it certain for me though.

I figured I'd try a proper reccomended sorc build just to see how it rolls. Arc Lash / Chain Lightning since I had like all the aspects already. First off, yeah that poo poo is busted. Then like the 3rd area I hit dropped unique frost spec pants. Well whatever, let's try the official ice shards build for funsies too. First helltide I hit, unique lightning spec staff. gently caress you game, I'm not changing again, besides it seemed pretty poo poo. Then a few minutes ago unique fire spec staff drops too.

Every ARPG has a built in desire-o-meter that doesn't drop what you want, it's not based off your current build.

Took me 3 days to find a Stormchaser Aspect when I was wanting to swap to Tornado. Four hundred loving thousand Aspect of the Blurred Beast though via Obols and drops.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

SettingSun posted:

They re enabled them already. And the whirlwind thing was definitely a bug. That was going to get fixed in any landscape.

did they? I didn't see an announcement about it

ah I found it, looks like a hot fix sometime yesterday after I had looked. Well good to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

^someone linked the blue post earlier today, Edgemaster was fixed and I think the Barb-specific one too. But this thread moves so fast don't blame anyone for not seeing it :v: