Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That intro is ten seconds and a male J-rock vocal away from being an anime OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

That intro is ten seconds and a male J-rock vocal away from being an anime OP.

Someone add CRY FOR THE MOON at the end.

That looks pretty cute though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The opening and the latest trailer seem to imply that Lois and Jimmy will figure out Clark’s secret fairly early on (or at least I hope so anyway)

As for villains, Brainiac already has a confirmed VA, this is a Superman series so I assume we’ll get a Luthor of some kind, and what looks to be an Eradicator is present at the end of the opening

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Uncropped version:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H8zqDd4bdmE

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That Fatal Five movie was weird, seeing Justice league unlimited coming back from the dead 15 years later with more violence and cursing. Would have been cool if they’d continued with those characters. Was the Martian girl in anything else in this timeline? Is young Justice canonical to the DCAU?

Other than Batman Ninja I have not been able to get through any other recent (ie past 10 years) DC animated movie. I got 5 minutes into red hood before the bad joker turned me off. Long Halloween just reminded me how much better the comic was. Superman vs the elite was just weird. Justice league dark had terrible animation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ccs posted:

That Fatal Five movie was weird, seeing Justice league unlimited coming back from the dead 15 years later with more violence and cursing. Would have been cool if they’d continued with those characters. Was the Martian girl in anything else in this timeline? Is young Justice canonical to the DCAU?

Other than Batman Ninja I have not been able to get through any other recent (ie past 10 years) DC animated movie. I got 5 minutes into red hood before the bad joker turned me off. Long Halloween just reminded me how much better the comic was. Superman vs the elite was just weird. Justice league dark had terrible animation.

You might like Gods and Monsters, it's Timm/Dini art but a different (darker) timeline where Zod is Superman, Kyle Langhouse is Batman and Artemis is Wonder Woman. Has some of the charm of the original Diniverse stuff.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The two DC animated movies that surprised me the most on how quality they are are Gods & Monsters and the Justice Society World War II movie. (Well, I could've done without the dumb Atlantis invasion of NYC at the end).)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Gotham By Gaslight is actually pretty good once you accept it has almost nothing to do with the comic of the same name aside from both having the basic plot of "Batman fights Jack The Ripper"

The Dark Knight Returns is probably overall the best of the DC animated films that's directly based on an existing comic though, probably because due to splitting it into two parts for its initial release meant it was given enough time to properly adapt the original comic(while it does change around a few things most of those are minor and overall good changes) unlike say New Frontier's adaptation which had to chop out a lot of stuff(was still good mind you and it does do a couple little things better than the source material)

Man what I would give to see an adaptation of The Dark Knight Strikes Again though, that would just be insane in all the best ways

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The first 5 episodes of the new Superman show have titles and descriptions now:

quote:

1-1: Adventures of a Normal Man (Jul. 7, 2023)
Clark Kent builds his secret Superman identity and embraces his role as the hero of Metropolis, while sharing adventures and falling in love with Lois, a journalist, who also takes Jimmy Olsen under her wing.

1-2: My Interview with Superman (Jul. 14, 2023)
Lois wants to interview Superman and Clark must figure out how to help her while protecting his secret identity! Meanwhile, criminal ring INTERGANG gets their hands on unstable weapons, and a mysterious organization plots in the shadows.

1-3: Let's Go to Ivo Tower, You Say (Jul. 21, 2023)
Clark, Lois, and Jimmy cover a glitzy gala hosted by tech-billionaire Dr. Ivo - but while Clark and Lois wonder if this counts as a date, Ivo unleashes his newest invention: a creation that can bring down Superman!

1-4: You Will Believe a Man Can Lie (Jul. 28, 2023)
Lois uncovers a secret in Metropolis and is determined to get to the truth. Meanwhile, Superman tracks down dangerous weapons in the city…and finds himself in the crosshairs of mysterious organization Task Force X.

1-5: My Adventures With Mad Science (Aug. 4, 2023)
When Jimmy gets kidnapped, it's up to Lois and Clark to save him - but rescuing Jimmy will lead them into danger as they deal with mad scientists, military secrets, and relationship woes!

https://www.tvpassport.com/series/my-adventures-with-superman/5630148

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the above, we’ve got our first review:

https://www.ign.com/articles/my-adventures-with-superman-review-adult-swim-jack-quaid

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh guess Skullguy was Deathstroke.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cllBhamyq-A

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
A kid Superman having the "cool S" on his shirt is just :discourse:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So this is happening I guess:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1675920968445730824

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is that "someone gets killed by truck-kun and ends up in the suicide squad universe" isekai or "truck-kun kills the suicide squad and they wind up in another universe" isekai

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

Is that "someone gets killed by truck-kun and ends up in the suicide squad universe" isekai or "truck-kun kills the suicide squad and they wind up in another universe" isekai

Here’s a trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XSaBR58f7I0

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

If Joker is the one driving the truck, then I guess it'll be worth a watch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm kinda into this lmao

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

MorningMoon posted:

I'm kinda into this lmao
https://files.catbox.moe/m4hxzh.mp4

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:asoiaf:

loving amazing

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This is separate from the Justice League isekai, correct?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

This is separate from the Justice League isekai, correct?

Wait, there’s more than one of these?

Or were you talking about this:

https://tomorrowverse.fandom.com/wiki/Justice_League:_Warworld

Either way no, this seems like a separate project

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 3, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although really for an isekai it should have a wordier title.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Although really for an isekai it should have a wordier title.

Trapped in Another World With My Head Bomb

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
My Government Sanctioned Black Ops Hit Squad Was Transported To Another World and All I Got For My Trouble Was This Metal Baseball Bat, Which I Have Named "Excallibat"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FleurashDesign/status/1676010319422844935

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's kinda funny because in a less chaotic time you would just assume this is gonna be on HBO Max but now, shiiit maybe it'll be streaming exclusively on Crackle

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Honestly that just makes it even funnier. What a loser

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Assepoester posted:

My Government Sanctioned Black Ops Hit Squad Was Transported To Another World and All I Got For My Trouble Was This Metal Baseball Bat, Which I Have Named "Excallibat"

Given what titles I've seen while scrolling the crunchy roll home page, this is so accurate I'm surprised it isn't real.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

site posted:

Honestly that just makes it even funnier. What a loser

I hope this goes to like Harley thriving in Isekai land and Joker freaks out because he can't go buy gas there and he can't get his day started without a double espresso from Starbucks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm thinking joker drives the truck that kills Harley personally

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Screenshot, please. Some of us don't have twitter.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Screenshot, please. Some of us don't have twitter.

Sorry, I assumed Twitter embeds worked for everyone on here (or at least I’ve never seen anyone say otherwise)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Larryb posted:

Sorry, I assumed Twitter embeds worked for everyone on here (or at least I’ve never seen anyone say otherwise)

Nah, it's been covered in pretty much every single thread that thanks to Elno it doesn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Larryb posted:

Recent changes to Twitter have made it so that if you don't have an account and aren't logged in you can't see tweets.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Recent changes to Twitter have made it so that if you don't have an account and aren't logged in you can't see tweets.

Ah, good to know then. Sorry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the Harley Quinn series returns with Season 4 on the 27th:

https://411mania.com/movies/new-max-july-harley-quinn-season-4-lethal-weapon-franchise/

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The first two episodes of My Adventures With Superman were pretty loving rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Watched the first episode, very nice and very cute even if the animation is limited in spots. Then I lost my poo poo with the ED. They're so smart over there