Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah right on I'm glad someone said something lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They should really post hotfixes somewhere else. Perhaps on the main page where they post the patches. Or in the bnet client.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DaveKap posted:

I was looking through my imgur album and I got sad looking at what us necros lost.

I want to say they "fixed" this by adding the move speed buff to holding keys and also making the dungeon design more linear and adding events/chests to the dead ends. TBH it's not easy to solve the problem of "make dungeons varietal, make them labyrinthian, but also don't waste a player's time" and different games have different solutions but none of them have felt very good to me outside of, yep, D3 rifts. Just give me the hallway to plow through, gently caress it.

I sort of resent running into events in dungeons because they're always the 'ensure a survivor survives' for mastery, and the 3rd or 4th wave always has 5 heavies warp in that alpha-strike all the survivors at once and gently caress you out of it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Zero VGS posted:

One other thing about the Blighted CE: If you use it, go into accessibility and turn on character outline. I set it to white, which ruins my fashion, but i can tell where I am when I have 5 overlapping smoke clouds.

having trouble keeping up with the thread but wanted to say thanks for this i was about to post asking if there was a way to adjust effect opacity or something but then i saw this

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol that they keep nerfing the good dungeons. heaven forbid we slaughter hordes of monsters in our arpg.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

queeb posted:

lol that they keep nerfing the good dungeons. heaven forbid we slaughter hordes of monsters in our arpg.

It's supposed to be "tactical"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They would probably like more than one dungeon being slammed by everyone, but they really should make the other dungeons better in that case.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Apparently just split-farm Champion's Demise in a group again? If you want to MaXiMiZe GaInS (I do, please play with me)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Huh, I noticed the Lair of the Witch was in D4 but I didn't notice the entire D3 Hidden Camp area is there https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/diablo-3-locations-in-diablo-4-hidden-camp-alcarnus-and-crumbling-vault-333471

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

Huh, I noticed the Lair of the Witch was in D4 but I didn't notice the entire D3 Hidden Camp area is there https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/diablo-3-locations-in-diablo-4-hidden-camp-alcarnus-and-crumbling-vault-333471

Ooh hey this is a really cool catch!

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i ran across the arcanus area and hidden camp earlier today when i was grabbing lilith shrines, pretty cool. looking forward to the stuff they'll throw in for the xpans over on the other continent

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Propaganda Hour posted:

Lots of act 2 in D3 is part of the game.

Witch's lair.
Hidden Camp.
Caldeum + the Belial boss arena.
The collapsed tunnel or whatever the dungeon was named.
The road to Alcurnus zone.

There's also a flashback to the Travincal from D2 (which includes dead Paladin with item skins from D2R).

Probably some other areas from previous games that I am forgetting too.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hats off to whoever made the design decision to let us just get the gently caress out of a completed dungeon.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow people weren't kidding about the lack of diversity in which dungeons can be nightmare, I keep crafting Maulwood over and over again out of a pool of like 6 I've seen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Wow people weren't kidding about the lack of diversity in which dungeons can be nightmare, I keep crafting Maulwood over and over again out of a pool of like 6 I've seen.

Someone earlier posted in this thread that the nightmare dungeons will rotate each season.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
im probably going to get the lilith altars and peace out for the rest of the league unless any of my friends bite and want me to play with them. Got up to level 72 with my necromancer and started doing silly single target damage. it'd be nice to be able to open my many level 82 required t4 wb boxes but gently caress hitting like a million of the same dungeon with no other goalposts

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

queeb posted:

This poo poo drives me absolutely insane but they keep doing it!! It's like they're loving allergic to giving us hordes of zombies to explode for ????????

Stupid loving mmo brained bullshit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is no built in FPS counter in the game right? I can’t seem to find one.

Also I’m level 22 and I’m really not feeling the arc lash sorc. I dropped it down to WT1 and it feels like things take forever to kill.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Decided to look up the cosmetic PVP armor and it looks like poo poo? It’s also very expensive. Every single Necro legendary looks better than it.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

MarcusSA posted:

There is no built in FPS counter in the game right? I can’t seem to find one.

Also I’m level 22 and I’m really not feeling the arc lash sorc. I dropped it down to WT1 and it feels like things take forever to kill.

ctrl + R on PC for fps, then again for latency

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I wasn't getting sigils better than tier 1 for a long time and suddenly higher tier ones are dropping like crazy. I haven't leveled or anything, but I am thankful for it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Lots of act 2 in D3 is part of the game.

Witch's lair.
Hidden Camp.
Caldeum + the Belial boss arena.
The collapsed tunnel or whatever the dungeon was named.
The road to Alcurnus zone.

There's also a flashback to the Travincal from D2 (which includes dead Paladin with item skins from D2R).

Probably some other areas from previous games that I am forgetting too.

Dalghur Oasis too. The name is seared into my brain because it was the only spot I could safely attempt to farm in og act 2 inferno, by spamming blizzard and hydra while running the gently caress away.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Kaysette posted:

Decided to look up the cosmetic PVP armor and it looks like poo poo? It’s also very expensive. Every single Necro legendary looks better than it.

Yeah the only pvp reward that they crammed in last second to appease I don't know who is a designer burlap sack set?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

https://www.bluetracker.gg/diablo4/ for anyone wanting to keep up to date with hotfixes as they happen. I wish they'd include tweets in this, since that's supposedly where you'll see "upcoming changes" and nobody has ever once actually linked to the tweet they were referring to.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

harrygomm posted:

ctrl + R on PC for fps, then again for latency

Oh thanks!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Gwaihir posted:

This poo poo drives me absolutely insane but they keep doing it!! It's like they're loving allergic to giving us hordes of zombies to explode for ????????

Stupid loving mmo brained bullshit.

the tragedy of a bunch of dudes who thought everquest combat was extremely fun ending up in charge of games in completely different genres

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I said come in! posted:

Someone earlier posted in this thread that the nightmare dungeons will rotate each season.

This makes me miss Rifts from D3 or the monoliths in Last Epoch. At least give me all the tilesets to run around in so it's slightly less repetitive

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I love that people are getting banned for the crime of *checks notes*:
Giving gold and or items to friends.

Excellent multiplayer game, blizz!

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I kind of get the idea that you don't want the most efficient thing in the game to be running the same dungeon over and over, because then people with gamer brain will just do that instead of engage with all the other content you spent years making, but the way to make that happen is with the carrot, not the stick. They should be increasing overworld density and rewards, same with nightmare dungeons and whisper stuff. This way just makes people mad and looking for the next most efficient dungeon to chain.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

I love that people are getting banned for the crime of *checks notes*:
Giving gold and or items to friends.

Excellent multiplayer game, blizz!

Did you really check any notes? That sounds fairly easy to remember.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Oh yeah if you think the default style is a little grey and washed and you have an Nvidia card, just press alt+z and add the colour filter and crank the vibrance up a little bit, it looks great.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's amusing that there is at least one side quest with different/additional dialogue depending on whether you've completed the campaign or not, yet the "three wounded adventurers" event seems to feature the exact same introductory line every single time. Priorities, I guess!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I kind of get the idea that you don't want the most efficient thing in the game to be running the same dungeon over and over, because then people with gamer brain will just do that instead of engage with all the other content you spent years making, but the way to make that happen is with the carrot, not the stick. They should be increasing overworld density and rewards, same with nightmare dungeons and whisper stuff. This way just makes people mad and looking for the next most efficient dungeon to chain.

But also, who cares if people do that, that's what they wanna do. For everyone that wants dashing demon blender simulator 2023 there's someone happy cruising through the campaign and doing every world event and side quest at a chill pace, and then putting the game down, and hey, for them, this release is great and shoulders above any past Diablo hand.

(You're right too of course, on top of that, making rewards useless crap for "lesser" content is another mmo hack convention that needs to die. Let people get the stuff they want from the content they want, and use speed of acquisition+cosmetics be the reward for ultra poopsocking)

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Thats way more development time and testing than fixing up a few dungeons to save the ARPG-brained from themselves

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Looking at the datamined intent to bring WT5 to the game suggests they want to have some room for the mob density to go up so the game grows as a dopamine response generator over time. Right now you have to chase those times when 2 elite packs line up under your aoe cooldowns, and they'll increase those as the game evolves. Diablo 3 did this

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Dameius posted:

People want D3 rifts, even if they don't realize it.

if the Whole Goddamn Screen isn't absolutely full of monsters every time I do anything then the people who made this game have no idea what the gently caress an ARPG is supposed to be

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Hashy posted:

Looking at the datamined intent to bring WT5 to the game suggests they want to have some room for the mob density to go up so the game grows as a dopamine response generator over time. Right now you have to chase those times when 2 elite packs line up under your aoe cooldowns, and they'll increase those as the game evolves. Diablo 3 did this

D3 never really increased density with difficulty. Even on the last most recent season, if you wanted to push to the level 150 cap on greater rifts, it was very common to need to repeatedly open and close rifts simply looking for one with enough mob density to complete in time. (This is also the point that I quit in D3 seasons, because it's incredibly loving obnoxious to need to do that).

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Path of Exile players are absolutely brain damaged and should be saved from themselves. Thank you based Blizzard and for the love of god PLEASE keep ruining these freaks experience.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

But you know where the real heresy lies? In making a stash tab 10 by 5 and your inventory 11 by 3 with all the items taking up exactly one space just to gently caress with you trying to squirrel away gear in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

Path of Exile players are absolutely brain damaged and should be saved from themselves. Thank you based Blizzard and for the love of god PLEASE keep ruining these freaks experience.

Can't believe blizzard is nerfing monster density to own poe players and the rest of the playerbase.

based