Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

echinopsis posted:

also do we even trust the govt to use it wisely? unlikely

echinopsis posted:

I was gonna get rich but this tax totally puts me off the idea of having money if the govt is gonna just take it and give it to shoplifters and ram raiders

echinopsis posted:

ubi without strict controls on rent increases is just subsidizing landlords

You missed "why should hard working middle new zealand have to pay more tax?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Didn't know middle New Zealand was making over 120k

poo poo, my father makes less than that and he's part of the slackadaisy generation.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

That is because the middle class is not a real thing. There are owners and not owners.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Got to love democracy nz, one look at that name and you know exactly the type of cunts you're dealing with.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Saros posted:

That is because the middle class is not a real thing. There are owners and not owners.

unfortunately michael cullen destroyed any real hope of class consciousness by creating a generation of capitalists through kiwisaver (new take im working on)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
This list, while possibly out of date, is enlightening with respect to what industries might have people earning over 125k
https://nz.visaenvoy.com/salaries-in-new-zealand/

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Didn't know middle New Zealand was making over 120k

poo poo, my father makes less than that and he's part of the slackadaisy generation.

95% of income earners would get a tax cut under the greens plan.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bike tory posted:

95% of income earners would get a tax cut under the greens plan.

I wouldn't, but I *don't care*. I want things to be funded properly.

e: I am apparently one of the few people with high paying jobs that understands I'm privileged as gently caress and that my level of comfort with living should be the baseline for everyone in the country.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I suspect most of the people in the top twenty percent of income think of themselves as middle class

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

can't believe he keeps doing this

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he's gonna win the election at this rate

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'll concede that Luxon's not wrong on that particular point.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
today i overheard some old white pensioner lady just bitch and moan about how it takes a week to get an appointment with her gp, and that ambos don't care about her, they're fuckin idiots etc. clearly this is who luxon was referring to but what a strange way to talk to your voter base

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Luxon is negging us.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

exmarx posted:

unfortunately michael cullen destroyed any real hope of class consciousness by creating a generation of capitalists through kiwisaver (new take im working on)

Excuse me I've made this same take wrt to cgt many times in this thread

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

sebmojo posted:

I suspect most of the people in the top twenty percent of income think of themselves as middle class

Yeah it’s seems to be a thing https://www.vox.com/2015/3/12/8193113/middle-class-rich-poor

I remember some other survey that also had people earning millions thinking they were middle class.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

You missed "why should hard working middle new zealand have to pay more tax?"
if you qualify for the community services card you should get it coz you can now walk into a pharmacy and get free liquid paracetamol and nit treatment and scabies treatment and eye drops and liquid ibuprofen but not paracetamol tablets or ibuprofen tablets and you can get free nit combs and syringes but not if you dont have a community services card but you can if you're maori or pacific islander or under 14

actually no it's not every pharmacy it's some pharmacies. I wonder how long till people know about it and use the scheme. we normally get paid peanuts for dispensing medications but get $25 for each of these consults. I won't get a pay rise

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

kaiwero posted:

I remember some other survey that also had people earning millions thinking they were middle class.

Well, I mean, one of the qualifiers of being middle class was owning your own house, wasn't it?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

all good things come in threes

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

echinopsis posted:

if you qualify for the community services card you should get it coz you can now walk into a pharmacy and get free liquid paracetamol and nit treatment and scabies treatment and eye drops and liquid ibuprofen but not paracetamol tablets or ibuprofen tablets and you can get free nit combs and syringes but not if you dont have a community services card but you can if you're maori or pacific islander or under 14

actually no it's not every pharmacy it's some pharmacies. I wonder how long till people know about it and use the scheme. we normally get paid peanuts for dispensing medications but get $25 for each of these consults. I won't get a pay rise

"hardworking middle new zealanders" are too rich for a CSC

That said, since I have one, how do I get my free poo poo?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BuckyDoneGun posted:

"hardworking middle new zealanders" are too rich for a CSC

That said, since I have one, how do I get my free poo poo?

https://www.tewhatuora.govt.nz/for-the-health-sector/community-pharmacy/community-pharmacy-minor-ailment-service/

if you live in one of these places then somehow you magically know which pharmacies are involved and then you go say idk.. I am sick. I need paracetamol liquid and a nit comb and a syringe. and then answer the questions

ONE interesting thing is that we are not to police the CSC status or if you're maori/PI so you can just lie and say you are. strictly when we bring up an NHI it tells us what ethnicity someone is but I suppose we're not meant to question if their NHI ethnicity says NZ european or like chinese but they say they're maori

the purpose is to steer people away from the ED departments

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

Well, I mean, one of the qualifiers of being middle class was owning your own house, wasn't it?

Yeah I imagine when people think ‘middle class’ they still think of the American nuclear family from the 50s - father working white collar job, owns own home and two cars.

Where as someone who owns their own home and 2 cars these days is doing pretty well for themselves.

kaiwero fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 13, 2023

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

echinopsis posted:

https://www.tewhatuora.govt.nz/for-the-health-sector/community-pharmacy/community-pharmacy-minor-ailment-service/

if you live in one of these places then somehow you magically know which pharmacies are involved and then you go say idk.. I am sick. I need paracetamol liquid and a nit comb and a syringe. and then answer the questions

ONE interesting thing is that we are not to police the CSC status or if you're maori/PI so you can just lie and say you are. strictly when we bring up an NHI it tells us what ethnicity someone is but I suppose we're not meant to question if their NHI ethnicity says NZ european or like chinese but they say they're maori

You're underselling this a bit by focusing on the paracetamol and nit combs instead of the treatments for poo poo like eye/skin infections, acute vomiting/diarrhoea etc.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Beautiful display of diversity here, young, old and a colored woman. The face of New Zealand for sure.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

And all middle class, too

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

echinopsis posted:

Decent looking programme, now to find one of the pharmacies. Thanks!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

You're underselling this a bit by focusing on the paracetamol and nit combs instead of the treatments for poo poo like eye/skin infections, acute vomiting/diarrhoea etc.

eye infections is a bit of a tricky one because we're trying to work manageably about antibiotic resistance

but yeah vomiting and diahorrea. lmao I just forgot

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Aotearoa Newzealand Politics: vomiting and diahorrea. lmao

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
Besides our regularly scheduled vomiting and diahorrea, we are also in a recession.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the same guy in charge of weather forecasts must also be in the reserve bank

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I mean we could label this the "Gabrielle recession" but I don't feel that's fair to either people named Gabrielle or indeed to Xena: Warrior Princess.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yooooo this rules

https://i.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/300906128/historic-waka-unearthed-from-ptea-river-after-being-hidden-for-153-years

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

its loving rad

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

nice boat

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Spotted the coloniser

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I wouldn't, but I *don't care*. I want things to be funded properly.

:same:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

e: I am apparently one of the few people with high paying jobs that understands I'm privileged as gently caress and that my level of comfort with living should be the baseline for everyone in the country.

:yossame:

Wafflecopper posted:

Aotearoa Newzealand Politics: vomiting and diahorrea. lmao

exmarx please do the needful

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Spotted the coloniser

anti immigrant rhetoric

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Meng...