Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst False Equivalence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Wow, good thing a bunch of states are banning gender affirming care even with parental consent!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i don't know. maybe if a five year old can get to a doctor and go through years of physical and emotional therapy to transition without their parents noticing, or asking any questions, the parent's permission wouldn't be strictly needed?
even in the cartoon the mother is literally holding the child's hand.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Boris Johnson’s resignation as an MP – The former prime minister has formally stepped down as an MP, pre-empting a damning verdict from the Commons privileges committee into whether he misled parliament over lockdown-breaking parties"

Telegraph:

Matt:

:sun: UK weather: Month’s worth of rain to fall as sun makes way for thunderstorms :supaburn:

Times:

Nicola Sturgeon arrest: SNP ex-leader won’t be suspended, says Humza Yousaf

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak ‘at war’ ahead of Privileges Committee verdict on ex-PM; Kevin De Bruyne’s dancing and Jack Grealish doused in champagne: The best Man City parade pictures

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
WikiHow: How to resign your ministerial post: 4 Steps (with Pictures)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Bipartisan cripples US economy by Song Chen

Le Monde

La pêche/Fishing by Micaël as seen in La Croix l’hebdo

by Hall from the US

Silvio Berlusconi meurt à 86 ans/Silvio Berlusconi dead at 86 by Nardi from Italy

Charlie Hebdo

"Not tonight, you're reminding me of work."
This accompanies a piece on PTSD.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Katy Gallagher denies misleading parliament as she blasts ‘giddy’ reaction to Brittany Higgins texts (Guardian). The Liberals and conservative media are accusing Labor of "weaponising" the rape allegation and arguing that finance minister Gallagher was told by Higgins' partner before the media reports, while Labor is arguing about how many of the Liberals also knew.

Lethbridge:

Dutton used Question Time to ask about when the "Prime Minister or the Prime Minister's office" knew about the rape allegation but since the allegation happened last parliament this meant Albanese could talk about how we still don't know what Morrison and his office knew and did.

Katauskas 1:

Golding:

‘A tipping point’: Support for Voice falls below a majority (SMH). The referendum needs a double majority - total majority and a majority of states - and a poll has put support for the Voice under 50% for three states.

Lethbridge:

About AI generated art.

Katauskas 2:

Spooner:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 13, 2023

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

I don't know why this one annoys me more than all the rest of the cartoons and comments in this vein, but it does. It's just so goddamn disingenuous. It's the same justice, the others haven't been indicted because there's nothing loving there, and we know that because Trump had four goddamn years to prosecute them if there was. And yes, I would like large fries with my Baconator.

quote:

Michael Ramirez

And while we're at it, gently caress you too! Republicans aren't even pretending they care about parental consent anymore.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i hope to never see another cartoon about ai again but i know im already damned

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 14, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Has it, though?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

don't worry, enough ai generated art and writing has been created that the algorithm has started training on itself, creating a negative feedback loop and ultimately dooming it to be useless due to slowly losing any human point of reference

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
my favorite art is mixed media voodoo dolls and i'd like to se ai create the type of disturbing poo poo i create out of discrded favrics and children;s nightmares

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I hear indictments comin', they're rolling down the line
And all that I can say is, "it's about time,
For Trump to go to prison, if they can make it so."
I still can hope it's coming, but it moves awful slow

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

When Trump was just a baby, his daddy told him, "Don,
Don't ever house no black folks, just tell them to move on."
But he got busted at a rally for the Ku Klux Klan
Did the apple fall too far now? I sure don't think it can.

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Jeff Stahler

He walked off with some boxes of our nation's secret plans,
He hid them in his bathroom with his little tiny hands,
Riots and coercion are charges still to come
Defamation, graft, and bribin'; that guy's an awful bum

Ann Telnaes

Bill Bramhall

Jimmy Margulies

Well, I'd like to have some faith now that Justice still is blind,
But rich folks often get some judgment of a special kind,
Will he ever land in prison? It's not for me to say,
But I'll read these sweet indictments to chase my blues away

Lee Judge

Kirk Walters

Ed Gamble

Clay Bennett

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Alas for Tom Tomorrow, his style of comics are first on the chipping block.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
stiglich can't make people not look sinister in what appears to be a well-wishing gesture

also he doesn't appear to know how the board works

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wetwall mossoyou, spat!

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Why does Sajak have this evil, conniving look?

This just needs to be on a TV with “Innocent TV Viewers” crying and gnashing their teeth. Sajak can be labeled with “Lazy Retiring TV Hosts *Latest Fad”.

Korner Kelly: “The price is wrong”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Glad there are no other recently departed Pats this could be confused with

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: 20 Years to Life - in the White House

Ted Rall posted:

Donald Trump’s poll numbers increased after Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg indicted him for business fraud. Now it looks like he’ll be arrested again, this time for mishandling classified documents. Republicans will circle the wagons around him again, of course.

First Dog on the Moon: Today in creatures you might have heard of: the Maugean skate!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: 20 Years to Life - in the White House

Shut the gently caress up, Ted.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

... THAT ISN'T HOW THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE PUZZLES ARE DISPLAYED! The game show is older than almost everyone I know, Pat Sejack hosted it for longer than I was alive, HOW THE gently caress DO YOU gently caress THIS UP. White squares for the puzzle letters, green squares for the ones not in the puzzle or spaces! Google it you lazy son of a bitch! And why does Pat look like a creepy rapist? Quit your job you hack!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Tribute

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

idonotlikepeas posted:

I hear indictments comin', they're rolling down the line
And all that I can say is, "it's about time,
For Trump to go to prison, if they can make it so."
I still can hope it's coming, but it moves awful slow

When Trump was just a baby, his daddy told him, "Don,
Don't ever house no black folks, just tell them to move on."
But he got busted at a rally for the Ku Klux Klan
Did the apple fall too far now? I sure don't think it can.

He walked off with some boxes of our nation's secret plans,
He hid them in his bathroom with his little tiny hands,
Riots and coercion are charges still to come
Defamation, graft, and bribin'; that guy's an awful bum

Well, I'd like to have some faith now that Justice still is blind,
But rich folks often get some judgment of a special kind,
Will he ever land in prison? It's not for me to say,
But I'll read these sweet indictments to chase my blues away

Marvelous

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah, that's not a terrible piece of filk.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Randalor posted:

... THAT ISN'T HOW THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE PUZZLES ARE DISPLAYED! The game show is older than almost everyone I know, Pat Sejack hosted it for longer than I was alive, HOW THE gently caress DO YOU gently caress THIS UP. White squares for the puzzle letters, green squares for the ones not in the puzzle or spaces! Google it you lazy son of a bitch! And why does Pat look like a creepy rapist? Quit your job you hack!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Tribute

I wanted to criticize this cartoon, but you essentially said everything I wanted to say.

Is being a political or newspaper cartoonist the only profession where you can be highly successful without actually being good at it? Like, imagine if you hired a plumber that couldn't fix your toilet, you wouldn't go "Well, this guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing, but he's got a good message!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You're about to sue the guy for loving everything up when you see the thin blue line tinting on their truck's back windshield and instead give them a tip

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

JamesBont posted:

I wanted to criticize this cartoon, but you essentially said everything I wanted to say.

Is being a political or newspaper cartoonist the only profession where you can be highly successful without actually being good at it? Like, imagine if you hired a plumber that couldn't fix your toilet, you wouldn't go "Well, this guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing, but he's got a good message!"

It's a common element of a lot of parallel/parasitic political messaging work. There's a lot of money to be made in selling something that seems like a good attack on an outgroup but which only appeals to a prealigned ingroup.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Fireman Rishi trying to put out fires Boris Johnson keeps stoking – The Tory party is burnt out after an embittered Johnson quit before a report on whether he misled MPs on lockdown parties"

Telegraph:

Covid Inquiry diagram of Government structure likened to ‘bowl of spaghetti’

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Nadine Dorries delays exit to threaten PM with by-election embarrassment

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump pleads not guilty at Miami court to 37 criminal charges related to classified documents

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No, that unreadable poo poo First Dog keeps spewing is actually exactly why that meme / reputation exists, because that's First Dog to a T

First Dog is wonderful. Sorry you don't like to read, I guess?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Farecoal posted:

First Dog is wonderful. Sorry you don't like to read, I guess?

If you were a true fan you would have used 2,000 more words to express this thought

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

gently caress you you don't deserve to be able to reference The Prisoner.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

I'm guessing this is about Australian's politics overuse of big consulting companies and then ex-politicians going on to work for said companies in light of the PwC scandal.

Rowe:

Spooner:

Katy Gallagher, finance minister who is under attack from the Liberals and News Corp as they claim she "weaponised" Brittany Higgins rape accusation. Gallagher is also minister for women and has said that women have contacted her on how much of a negative effect this debate is having on their willingness to go forward with their own sexual assault allegations and with the amount of venom News Corp is throwing towards Higgins at the moment it feels like that might be the objective. Seriously gently caress off Spooner.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT)

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson