Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Chapter: 2 - Adventuring Academy
Page: 23
Title: Muffled

Marie is also tired

Author's Notes

I'm so tired, though fun fact, Marie's current form is based on something I actually see regularly it's rare that I can capture the essence of one of my hallucinations, but they're not all scary. Some are just pitiful, and I'm glad I could capture that feeling to canvas.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
epic snipe. I'll say it I already know.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter: 2 - Adventuring Academy
Page: 23
Title: Muffled

Marie is also tired

Author's Notes

I'm so tired, though fun fact, Marie's current form is based on something I actually see regularly it's rare that I can capture the essence of one of my hallucinations, but they're not all scary. Some are just pitiful, and I'm glad I could capture that feeling to canvas.

You did capture the essence of "The face that hangs from the ceiling and wails at me" hallucinations! It's pathetic and deeply unsettling and well done.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Samovar posted:

The answer to your problem is obvious, Wakako. Play to your strengths!

Eat Okada.

She struggles to pair a wine.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wakako, talk to someone about your day please :smith:

Erm. It's really not difficult to imagine a darker Wakako-Zake, is it? I'd make another Disco Elysium crack, but none of you fuckers appreciated my "don't want to be this kind of anime anymore" from last time >:

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Emzedoh posted:

She struggles to pair a wine.

Erm. It's really not difficult to imagine a darker Wakako-Zake, is it? I'd make another Disco Elysium crack, but none of you fuckers appreciated my "don't want to be this kind of anime anymore" from last time >:

That's great, I somehow glazed over it despite being a disco elysiman

Just put the whirling in rags music on whenever she's in a bar or restaurant

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
OK, up next from Q-Rais land, let’s get into Night Visitors. It’s pretty self-explanatory – extremely surreal visits to Q-Rais’ apartment in the middle of the night by various weird objects and people – and is often pun-based or at least strongly culturally-situated. I’ll give footnotes where appropriate.

(2 strips a day seems good? They don’t connect or anything, but one 4-panel strip a day feels stingy.)

I’ll be interleaving this with some of his longer-form stuff, probably about once a week or so, so that I can go back and clean up some of my earlier, uglier attempts at scanlating.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Demon
Chapter 15.07
cw: More nudity, less cumfarts

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Not to get too brutal but this is some family guy poo poo. Obviously more adult in content, but...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Demon gets goofy. We haven't even gotten past the tip of the iceberg for how bizarre the fights get after this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

World Famous W posted:

i love this dumb as poo poo fight in demon and that'll keep getting dumber

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I briefly thought the other day about volunteering to temporarily step in and post these, going in completely blind every day, and I just realized that would've been right before this fight started. I don't know whether that would've been the best idea or the worst idea :stonklol:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I am entertained. It is funny but very dumb. I struggle to imagine how it gets dumber unless sweetpea gets involved and now we have 3 demons doing insane fight moves on each other.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (April 9-30, 1939)

Some incredible draftsmanship in today's update. Just look at the subtlety in the expression of Val's dad in that last panel as he watches his son leave: the balled fists combined with the frowning brows and yet the faintest hint of a smile--frustration at being disobeyed, but also pride, affection, concern, and maybe even a little jealousy, wistfulness for his own youth..? It's all there!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
So Prince Val was knighted in 433 a.d.

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica
Scenes like this are the reason why Demon exists as a comic.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, bonus backstory (future story?)

03/12/2016 - If Frank Frazetta could learn to draw with his left hand so can I

quote:

Boy howdy it sure has been a lovely month for me, hasn’t it.

03/20/2016 - The pumpkins make me feel more guilty than the pottery

quote:

This is an easy joke that a million people have made but whatever, I sincerely feel bad smashing pumpkins in this tiny little farming town to harvest rupees out of them and I can’t get over Link’s dumb placid lingering stare.

Anyway, final tally on the damage, I have a some impermanent nerve trauma making most of my right arm and hand numb that’s supposed to clear up in about six weeks, a small fracture in my shoulder, and some torn muscles and ligaments I’ll have to do physio for when it’s safe to lift my arm again in about three weeks. What I DO have is the go-ahead from the doctor to draw again with my right arm, because doing so with an ergonomically reshuffled workspace won’t exacerbate any of those issues. The experience of drawing right now is sort of like, if you lie on your arm long enough for it to go numb, then strap it to your body so you can only move at the elbow and try to see how much pen control you have. My arm gets tired quickly, it can’t move enough to sketch, and I need to intensely focus on what I’m doing to put lines where I need them, but by WORKING REALLY HARD and concentrating all my energy into the task I’ve worked out a system of sketching with my left hand and cleaning up with my right hand that allows me to continue working at the pace and quality necessary for a professional storyboard artist without doing anything to aggravate the injury.

If anything I hope this cements my career for the rest of my life, like whenever I apply for jobs, potential future employers ask around about me and testimonials are just like “She’s a loving machine who keeps chipping at the work like the T-1000 taking shotgun blasts. She boarded five minutes of television with a broken shoulder even faster and more efficiently than she was working before.” Make this my Tony Stark in a Cave With a Box of Scraps moment, like “dude, what’s your excuse? Kelly did this with nerve damage, a torn ligament, and thyroid cancer.”

Anyway, that’s me trying to look on the bright side.

03/28/2016 - Frank seems like he’s got some keen design sensibilities

quote:

“But Kelly, Daredevil wasn’t even in that scene!”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can I get a temperature check on Boots? We're going to some pretty dark places soon, and I want to see how people are feeling about the heel turn and everything. If people are waiting for it to finish to really deconstruct it or to make sure not to affect ~*~my vision~*~ too much, I'd love to know that too. There's so many great comics here, and I started posting my big reveal during I think the coolest thing I've ever seen in a comic via K6BD.

Though to be fair, I probably don't need to ask this, I've seen plenty of people who say they love it in this thread, the other thread, in my own thread, that it's probably seeming selfish to outright ask. I hope the people who say they like it don't feel unseen, because I just don't know how to respond properly to genuine compliments other than Thank You SO much. It really is the fuel in the forge so to speak. Seriously, I check the three webcomic threads more then any other, because every nice thing said means so much to me. You all rock, and if I ever don't respond it's because I don't know how, not because you're ignored.

I also got a REALLY NICE anonymous submission to my feedback form in my linktr.ee, and so I'm posting this to say whoever you are. Thank you so much.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm phone posting but someone post that achewopd strip about kings and how they behaved please I feel it is appropriate

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Benagain posted:

I'm phone posting but someone post that achewopd strip about kings and how they behaved please I feel it is appropriate

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Just re: white chains human form, I always immediately interpreted it as similarity to the first human, represented in an early panel explaining the different types of being in the universe. "Aesmas mistake". She's got a similar thing going on.

E: which reminds me of another thing I thought was "obvious ", which is that of COURSE the first created human would be black. Whatever shenanigans are involved in explaining how humans ended up on earth despite having been created in the early days of the multiverse, theyre clearly a reflection somehow of a fundamental thing, so it made perfect logical sense to me for the first multiversal humans to have been black, just as the first earth universe humans were black (by like, a lot). Each universe is like a 'story' told by a god, right?

So we derive a pretty logical rule: newly created humans are black. Why would they be anything else?

To be honest, writing this out makes it feel kinda tenuous, but it was so obvious to me on my first reading that I never questioned it.

Fagtastic has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Jun 14, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The Chako-Wakako eating competition
w/ thanks to Phthisis for the white rectangle translation gag, and of course to Giant Ethicist and Emzedoh for tireless posting, curating and translating

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Jun 14, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:perfect: Thread continues to be the best on the forums

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

w/ thanks to Phthisis for the white rectangle translation gag, and of course to Giant Ethicist and Emzedoh for tireless posting, curating and translating

Hahaha jesus christ

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

lmao

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

The casual nudity in prince Val never ceases to make me laugh out loud

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

The unstoppable appitite vs the immovable stomach

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bear Enthusiast posted:

That's great, I somehow glazed over it despite being a disco elysiman

Just put the whirling in rags music on whenever she's in a bar or restaurant

Yeah, or the one with the horns.

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (April 9-30, 1939)

Some incredible draftsmanship in today's update. Just look at the subtlety in the expression of Val's dad in that last panel as he watches his son leave: the balled fists combined with the frowning brows and yet the faintest hint of a smile--frustration at being disobeyed, but also pride, affection, concern, and maybe even a little jealousy, wistfulness for his own youth..? It's all there!

Gotta say I agree with Val's dad here. As he is now, Val would be a disaster as a king.

Tree Bucket posted:

The breath of life! Pshuu.

All I do is post, though.

For real, you're a treasure Tree.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

amazing

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Can I get a temperature check on Boots? We're going to some pretty dark places soon,

We're not already IN the dark? :ohdear:

I was not expecting to see Marie as a bone ooze on a pulsing background I can say that much.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

We're not already IN the dark? :ohdear:

I was not expecting to see Marie as a bone ooze on a pulsing background I can say that much.

It ruled to make, these last few bits have pure abject body horror, which is right in my wheel house.

Honestly, my biggest concern has been that Marie accidentally shooting herself in the face would seem like a huge rear end-pull to radically change the comic. I'm hoping it was foreshadowed enough in the first chapter with her shooting herself, people calling her fumbles, just her generally lack of safety around guns. I also don't know if people liked Marie, because I feel like I made a pretty good "bad" character, so seeing her get punished for being a careless dick head might not have felt earned enough? Either way, I'm shocked at how quickly we got through this story as this last page is the closer of the 2nd act. I've been trucking at a speed I was not expecting, but I don't have it in me to do another music video lol. It was harrrd, and exhausting last time.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Owl at Home posted:

Pumpkins are a new world crop, they shouldn't be here yet!

So how did the Emperor Claudius get turned into one?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Tree Bucket posted:

A++++++, absolutely amazing

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Emzedoh posted:

Gotta say I agree with Val's dad here. As he is now, Val would be a disaster as a king.

You say that, but I bet his murders and executions would be off the fuckin chain

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tree Bucket posted:

Lolled irl several times

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

Lentolupakirja = flying license, literally "flying permission booklet"
The -kirja (-book) can be left out without the term losing its understandability, which is the crux of the joke here.

ANSU

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

282 - Totally fits
283 - The sky
284 - The green saucer
285 - Sewer
286 - The tragedy of the spoon people

287 - Pipe

288 - Rearrange

289 - Hunger

Shim being heroic: 9
Ben being heroic: 5
Alien species seen: 83
:biotruths:: 15
Talking character deaths: 28
Deaths overall: 62+

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tree Bucket posted:

good poo poo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Too much content in this one loving thread, goddamn it rules. I could empty quote the last 5 pages and not miss a single good post christ. loving killing it, everyone.

Treebucket, your fan art loving rules. Demon is balls to the wall (literally?) action, and I'm here for the family guy v cia chicken fight with cum fights and worse. kill 6 billion demons continues to have really pretty people doing bad rear end things. The Farcical rear end (great username) is getting to peak levels of thorsby, and I loving adore it. Manly Man rules, Spacetrawler rules, Chako was amazing and treebuckets send off loving RULES

All the edits of Wakako have just been top tier, the colored arts have been insane, the flashing gif was loving ACES. Beanworld is just insanity distilled

And all of that poo poo is just this one page. Like, that's just a recap of me scrolling up, I haven't even mentioned Prince Val, or Dr. Ninja, or Clown Corps (loving Clown Corps, love those clowns.)

Night visitors is amazing, you're really in for a treat with that one.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Close your eyes, look at the mountains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

Tree Bucket posted:

So perfect