Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Judge played by Tom Colicchio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Judge played by Bernie Sanders

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Judge played by Post Malone

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Judge played by Chelsea Clinton

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
:(
https://twitter.com/JrRomita/status/1668823142775812096?t=ciE_k5ofKZ6kVL_URiulgA&s=19

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Judge played by Carrot Top

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
if one must have an angry judge you could do worse than chiklis

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want a Judge who can do round, reasonable, ageless, and with crazy eyes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

croup coughfield posted:

judge holden should be played by that plump lil hemophilic from british bake off and no other

lol omfg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
who is the hemophilic I have to know who you are talking about

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I want a Judge who can do round, reasonable, ageless, and with crazy eyes.

judge stavros

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

drat

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!

Milo and POTUS posted:

who is the hemophilic I have to know who you are talking about

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Blood Meridian action movie with Vin Diesel as the Judge

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Directed by Michael Bay

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

John C. Reilly as Toadvine

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Chris Pine would make a good Glanton by my reckonin'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CBO_channel/status/1667923729857523712

looks like SOME OF US aren't racist

do better, Asia

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I could see Vincent D’Onofrio in the role

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol drat if this guy could do a convincing American accent then yeah. The sight of him incites the kind of visceral disgust you need for the Judge and he looks like a giant baby which is exactly what you need

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

lol drat if this guy could do a convincing American accent then yeah. The sight of him incites the kind of visceral disgust you need for the Judge and he looks like a giant baby which is exactly what you need

https://youtu.be/xVzdArdVk6A

Most UK goons know him from shooting stars, this was prime UK entertainment back in the 90s

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

John C. Reilly as Toadvine

I could see him as the expriest.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1668772398622183429?t=flqW4IRcmibBZDG2b4dKLQ&s=19

Interesting to see the split across political ideology, particularly in how more conservatives just aren't interested in new movies compared to the rest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Srice posted:

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1668772398622183429?t=flqW4IRcmibBZDG2b4dKLQ&s=19

Interesting to see the split across political ideology, particularly in how more conservatives just aren't interested in new movies compared to the rest.

everything is woke you see

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

everything is woke you see

It's legit my assumption haha.

Anecdotally I have conservative relatives who complain about how movies are too woke now. They haven't set foot in a movie theater in over a decade and don't watch newer movies but I guess they listen to enough far right poo poo that they hear about how Disney is indoctrinating kids with woke movies or w/e.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

[zillennial checking out blood meridian for the first time] uhhh wow, the judge really should go to therapy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

redditors in shambles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

skooma512 posted:

I finished Blood Meridian like 3 weeks ago. All the prose is fantastic and I feel like a visual adaptation would be inferior because of losing all of those lines.

Sometime come the mother, sometime come the wolf.

I think this is why the Counselor film comes across as really silly. Scott doesn't want to get in the way of the great words McCarthy is putting on the page, but what makes for a good novel is not what makes for a good film. The actors' delivery is really stilted and unrealistic and nothing seems grounded in the actual world.

I think that's where the Coen Brothers were right to diverge from the source material for No Country for Old Men.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

redditors in shambles

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Srice posted:

Wait, is there only five movies on that list, during blockbuster season? drat, that’s dire.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Jun 14, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oppenheimer is like two movies long tho

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think this is why the Counselor film comes across as really silly. Scott doesn't want to get in the way of the great words McCarthy is putting on the page, but what makes for a good novel is not what makes for a good film. The actors' delivery is really stilted and unrealistic and nothing seems grounded in the actual world.

I think that's where the Coen Brothers were right to diverge from the source material for No Country for Old Men.

No Country's dialogue is pretty much word for word adapted for the film tho, i think the main problem with The Counselor is it's a bad screenplay being filmed by a bad director

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Wait, is there only five movies on that list, during blockbuster season? drat, that’s dire.

There's more listed in the full pdf, that person just (rightfully) wanted to show the Barbie/Oppenheimer breakdown

https://echelonin.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/May-2023-Omnibus-Crosstabs-EXTERNAL.pdf

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

No Country's dialogue is pretty much word for word adapted for the film tho, i think the main problem with The Counselor is it's a bad screenplay being filmed by a bad director

I was thinking more about different the scene with Llewelyn's wife at the end goes, but you're otherwise right.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

not fair, ridley scott is a great director and also a bad one depending on his mood

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Nick Cave is Toadvine.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

no country is one of the few screenplays I've read that go page after page without dialogue and I gotta tell you I wish more writers didn't see scenes as dialogue containers. it takes a writer director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
jeremy piven toadvine. also no one should play the kid, the entire film should be done from the kids perspective like hardcore harry