Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

More like oldgrillless...!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol there were like 100 people at the court to support trump

SAD!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

lol there were like 100 people at the court to support trump

SAD!

https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1668641171097239553

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Didn't even know they are still keeping the fable brand alive considering how badly received fable 3 was. The forced British whimsy turned me off completely lol

Wow I guess someone didn’t read the October 2010 issue of Game Informer magazine where they scored it a 9/10 only narrowing missing their game of the month award

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PurpleXVI posted:

I only played the first Fable, it was a passable but not super impressive game.

Did you play it at launch/follow the hype? Or just discover it later after the dlc? That's usually the difference between hating it and finding it kind of neat.
Divorced from Peter Molyneux's hype and inability to ever deliver on his promises, his games are usually okay-ish.
Fable 2 was a massive improvement on part 1, but I can't think of a single hyped feature that was actually delivered in anything resembling what was promised. The best you'd get would be checkmark "Ok, there are 2 quests that unlock at endgame. Technically 'there are quests and stories that don't even appear until after you finish the main story' wasn't a complete lie, but Molyneux hyped it like there was equal open world endgame hours of content to mainstory playtime.
A shame because the combat was serviceable and fun. 3 could have been just as good if more devtime had been spent on just giving you more time to do the fun parts that worked, instead of insisting on half delivering gimmicks that could never be rewardingly implemented and heavily hanging their hat on those even when it was clear they couldn't.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My favourite thing about the Fable games is Teresa's arc, starting as your sister blinded by the main villain in the first game and developing future-vision, then by the second becoming a total badass voiced by Zoe Wanamaker.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Neito posted:

There's talk amongst some of the mods of going until Spez gives in, though there's some debate as to a) if he ever will and b) if he'd just replace mods with his shills.

B) is the real sticking point.

As an example, the original mod of /r/Kotakuinaction (a chud-y gamergate subreddit) looked at his creation and said "Ew, gross" and banned all the mods and shut down the sub. It took about a day for the higher ups to go "Nope, we need this right-wing, misogynistic, homophobic gaming subreddit open, because it promotes valuable ad revenue discussion" and un-banned it.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1668707693538816000

It's insane how people think they can use this as an own.

Wait... Newt Gingrich is still alive? I would have bet money that he died of liver failure or something.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Viscous Soda posted:

Wait... Newt Gingrich is still alive? I would have bet money that he died of liver failure or something.

My friend have you not seen the pictures his wife posts

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Viscous Soda posted:

B) is the real sticking point.

As an example, the original mod of /r/Kotakuinaction (a chud-y gamergate subreddit) looked at his creation and said "Ew, gross" and banned all the mods and shut down the sub. It took about a day for the higher ups to go "Nope, we need this right-wing, misogynistic, homophobic gaming subreddit open, because it promotes valuable ad revenue discussion" and un-banned it.
Pretty cool that Reddit admins can just override your decision to shut down your own subreddit, that's not weird at all

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The nazis are the point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/nataliawinke/status/1668641004218470402?s=20

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr Christmas posted:

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1668707693538816000

It's insane how people think they can use this as an own.

Imagine that this is the substance of your life’s “work.” This system only promotes sociopaths to power.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A comedian doing their bit isn’t really IoSM.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

A comedian doing their bit isn’t really IoSM.

what if it's jeff dunham's bit?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Why did they think there'd be 50,000 protesters? There weren't 50,000 at the rally before the Jan 6th insurrection and most of those people didn't match to and then invade the capital building.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Why did they think there'd be 50,000 protesters? There weren't 50,000 at the rally before the Jan 6th insurrection and most of those people didn't match to and then invade the capital building.

Lead poisoning. Or other brainworms.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Air Skwirl posted:

Because cops love getting OT and dressing up with their cool toys

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Air Skwirl posted:

My guess is it was police estimating a worst-case scenario. And VASTLY overshooting, either intentionally or not.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Was Miami PD counting themselves in that 50k estimate or...?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I figured Trump supporters had announced that many and/or they counted the bots.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Cleretic posted:

My guess is it was police estimating a worst-case scenario. And VASTLY overshooting, either intentionally or not.

I'm pretty sure all police vast overshootings are intentional

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I miss the days when the only bots I could see were in Unreal Tournament

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Drinkslinger posted:

I miss the days when the only bots I could see were in Unreal Tournament

We will never see such wonders again

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

...! posted:

I'm pretty sure all police vast overshootings are intentional

If the way I got given vast sums of money to fund all my favourite activities was based on the number of people I said I thought might potentially think about contemplating possibly showing up for some period of time, I’d overestimate it too

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Equeen posted:

Depressing idiot content
https://twitter.com/serena_partrick/status/1668543500999172098?s=46&t=pYXbrsIUxM-F__2KiH5Cag

“Actually freaks demanding to see children’s genitalia in a public event is YOUR fault!”

Have a gander at the incredibly normal-looking guy who was hollering at the 9 year old shot putter:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Biplane posted:

We will never see such wonders again

No, you can still play Unreal Tournament against bots.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Kenning posted:

Have a gander at the incredibly normal-looking guy who was hollering at the 9 year old shot putter:

He says he the "CEO of Motel 6" by which he means franchisee https://twitter.com/justacoverband/status/1668629832136298498?t=tsVttEjI_-H4cORd8swXEQ&s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Viscous Soda posted:

As an example, the original mod of /r/Kotakuinaction (a chud-y gamergate subreddit) looked at his creation and said "Ew, gross" and banned all the mods and shut down the sub.

I think this makes it the third anti-SJW sub where the original creators looked at what they wrought and abandoned it. The other two being the anti ShitRedditSays subs antisrs and SRSsucks, both of which the mod teams realised "wait... are we the baddies?"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
rando website has this follow up. This dude is not getting it.

'I never yelled towards the girl': Kelowna man accused of accosting child at track meet denies allegations

quote:

Madison Reeve - Jun 13, 2023 / 5:32 pm | Story: 431740

A Kelowna man who has been widely accused of hurling insults at a nine-year-old girl and her mothers at a district track meet is speaking out.

Over the weekend on social media, and Monday to Castanet News, the mothers alleged that Josef Tesar publicly questioned the gender of their nine-year-old daughter right before she was about to participate in shot-put at the Apple Bowl.

Mother Heidi Starr claims Tesar shouted "Hey, this is supposed to be a girls' event, and why are you letting boys compete.”

Starr also claims Tesar said, "Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans."

Starr's daughter is female and identifies as a girl. She has a pixie haircut.

Tesar denies the allegations.

The Kelowna resident, in a written statement read aloud to Castanet News, says he was watching his granddaughter compete when he noticed what he thought was a boy ready to compete.

He says he walked over to an official to ask if the event was co-ed.

"I never yelled towards the girl. I went to the official in private and asked one only question if this a mixed competition" he said.

Tesar said he was told the event was "girls only." He said he replied to the official that he thought there was a boy in line with the other competitors.

"As I was walking away from the official, a woman saying 'I'm her mother' and [she was] yelling, and swearing at me and offering if I want to see [the girl] naked, or if I want to see her genitals," he continued.

"I said 'No, the certificate is OK.' That's all I said. I never pointed to another girl and said she's obviously trans. That is a big lie as well."

Starr has claimed Tesar demanded certification to prove that her daughter was born female. Starr also claims that Tesar's wife Krista yelled out at her calling her a "genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile."

"I said something appropriate. Not those words. ... Maybe something like 'F off,'" Krista Tesar said Tuesday.

Josef tells Castanet he believes the two moms are trying to "satisfy an agenda."

"The two mothers of the cisgendered girl — this is their pronunciation, I personally don't know even what that means," he said.

"That word is not in my vocabulary. [They] fabricate the lies and hate towards us. I never yelled towards the girl. I went to the official in private and asked one question."

Tesar says he contacted the principal of the school where the girl reportedly attends to share his perspective of how things went down.

"I had the conversation with the principal. He said, 'Josef what you are telling us is exactly what I'm confirming with the teachers and officials,'" Tesar said.

"My wife never called the mother anything."

Principal Robbie Franklin confirmed with Castanet that he did speak with Tesar over the phone after the incident.

"He called and did express an apology. I listened to what he explained. So I wasn't at the event and what I heard was second-hand accounts from other people including himself and what he expressed to me," Franklin said.

"I shared that information with people within the district and they are the ones right now connecting with the first-hand witnesses."

Central Okanagan School District Supt. Kevin Kaardal confirms Tesar did call principal Franklin to share his side of the story.
"The principal listened to him. We often listen to people and try to deal with it — de-escalate. We are still investigating," Kaardal said.

"He was belligerent enough and tense enough. I have heard from the principal that they had to move the event to the other side of the field. To me it is about governing your behaviour. What's he doing talking to a Grade 4 student who is nine years old — two of them. I don't understand that. It is a big problem and it did traumatize the kids."

Tesar says he stands behind his question about whether the event was co-ed.

"I am not apologizing for that question that I asked. I think personally I have a right to ask questions, and I always will for rest of my life," he said.

"The mothers should apologize to me for offering and asking me if I want to see their daughter naked and genitals in front of the public and for their false statement and defamation of character."

RCMP INVESTIGATING

The Kelowna RCMP said in a statement Tuesday they are investigating the incident.

"The Kelowna Regional RCMP detachment has received a number of messages from concerned citizens about an incident that took place at a regional elementary track and field day last week. We too share everyone’s grave concerns with discriminatory behaviour," said Const. Mike Della-Paolera.
Della-Paolera said that due to the Privacy Act, no more information will be released at this time.

"We want to encourage you to continue to be a strong voice and to show your ally ship, support, public positions and commitment to diversity and inclusion. It is important to our community to speak out against discriminatory behaviours, and research shows that social support is an important protective factor for those experiencing marginalization, racism, or discrimination," he said.

"We understand that this incident, and the ongoing discussion on social media can be difficult. There are a number of services and programs available at Kelowna Community Resources should you need help."

The incident has attracted coverage from outlets in the U.S. and the U.K. and resulted in numerous statements of condemnation from local community leaders and politicians.

Tesar has a son who shares his name and has been dealing with angry calls despite not being involved in the incident at all.

"This is awful. This kind of hate is not acceptable or welcome in British Columbia," B.C. Premier David Eby tweeted on Tuesday.

"Let's keep calling out transphobia when we see it. Hate hurts everyone. And let's stand with this girl and everyone who is targeted just for being themselves."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hmm. Who to believe, the women claiming that an environment of transphobia led to their cis daughter being accused of being trans for having a pixie cut, or the man who assumes short hair means you're actually AMAB and those pesky lesbians moms are doing some kind of insidious agenda.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I liked the first fable but 2 is stuck on the 360 and 3 was so poorly received that when games for windows live went dark and they lost the ability to mint new CD-keys, they decided it wasn't worth the hassle to fix it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That loving TERF is so bitch-rear end, goddamn.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I remember when the first Fable was in development. The biggest gaming magazine in the country ran dev blogs where they breathlessly repeated Molyneux' promises every month, until one month out of nowhere they basically went 'Look, we've been doing this for over a year now. This game isn't coming out any time soon, and we're still waiting for proof that the stuff that was promised a year ago has been successfully implemented. We're just going to stop.' Imagine how full of poo poo you have to be that print game journalism in the early 2000s won't run your stuff anymore.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Samovar posted:

That loving TERF is so bitch-rear end, goddamn.

Sounds about right. They're cowards, they do that when they're cornered.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

People still give molyneux poo poo for promising that you could leave an acorn on the ground in hour 1 of the first fable and later it would grow into a tree. When he was with Microsoft they had to assign people to oversee him so he would not make stupid promises to journalists. He was one of the greatest snake oil salesman in the industry which is a feat

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I liked Black & White

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Coolness Averted posted:

Did you play it at launch/follow the hype? Or just discover it later after the dlc? That's usually the difference between hating it and finding it kind of neat.
Divorced from Peter Molyneux's hype and inability to ever deliver on his promises, his games are usually okay-ish.
Fable 2 was a massive improvement on part 1, but I can't think of a single hyped feature that was actually delivered in anything resembling what was promised. The best you'd get would be checkmark "Ok, there are 2 quests that unlock at endgame. Technically 'there are quests and stories that don't even appear until after you finish the main story' wasn't a complete lie, but Molyneux hyped it like there was equal open world endgame hours of content to mainstory playtime.
A shame because the combat was serviceable and fun. 3 could have been just as good if more devtime had been spent on just giving you more time to do the fun parts that worked, instead of insisting on half delivering gimmicks that could never be rewardingly implemented and heavily hanging their hat on those even when it was clear they couldn't.

At launch and Fable 1 was a great time. I was also 14 though and probably missed most of his hype

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Viscous Soda posted:

I kinda wish Trump had a website rather than Twitter (and whatever the Twitter knock of he's posting on now). I'd be willing to bet money it'd end up looking like Timecube, with the rants getting increasingly unhinged and being written in increasingly larger fonts.

Late reply I know but this made me think of the old HTML with frames Maddox website and I would be here for it. Especially if there is a spinning skull gif or whatever. I 100% believe he is in that mindset of what a website should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Biplane posted:

I liked Black & White

So did I but it was a buggy mess