Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

so not only is he dead, he was sent to putin personally ina soup can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"delimkhanov is fine, hes just outside this press conference room, laughing and chatting with his closest friends and being extremely alive and well. No you cannot see him, hes very humble and doesnt want to talk to the press, no further questions this press conference is over, get out."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Here is a photo of him with today's paper, he is fine and please don't look at the date so closely, comrade. Photo manipulation is such an ugly term to use on the fourth floor of a building.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Day 006, the biggest news comes from the east. Russians and Tankies are still loving talking about Leopard/Bradley knock outs

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Лол, што indeed

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Somaen posted:

To add to the weirdness apparently the Chechen warlord is asking the Ukrainian special services to tell him exactly what they were targeting so he can figure out if he's dead or not as he can't get in touch

That's not how I read that post. My reading is: "Please tell me where you bombed so I can recover his body and bury him."

Might be sarcastic, I can't tell.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Russian journal: Hey, maybe we should nuke a few cities.

https://twitter.com/baklitskiy/status/1668640566202990592?s=20

quote:

We will have to make nuclear deterrence a convincing argument again by lowering the threshold for the use of nuclear weapons set unacceptably high, and by rapidly but prudently moving up the deterrence-escalation ladder. The first steps have already been made by the relevant statements of Russian President and other leaders: the announced deployment of nuclear weapons and their carriers in Belarus, and the increased combat readiness of strategic deterrence forces. But there are many steps on this ladder. I have counted about two dozen. Thing may also get to the point when we will have to urge our compatriots and all people of goodwill to leave their places of residence near facilities that may become targets for strikes in countries that provide direct support to the puppet regime in Kiev. The enemy must know that we are ready to deliver a preemptive strike in retaliation for all of its current and past acts of aggression in order to prevent a slide into global thermonuclear war.

Nuke targets in Western countries to prevent thermonuclear war. :thunk:

quote:

I have said and written many times that if we correctly build a strategy of intimidation and deterrence and even use of nuclear weapons, the risk of a “retaliatory” nuclear or any other strike on our territory can be reduced to an absolute minimum. Only a madman, who, above all, hates America, will have the guts to strike back in “defense” of Europeans, thus putting his own country at risk and sacrificing conditional Boston for conditional Poznan. Both the U.S. and Europe know this very well, but they just prefer not to think about it. We have encouraged this thoughtlessness ourselves with our own peace-loving rhetoric.

quote:

Morally, this is a terrible choice as we will use God’s weapon, thus dooming ourselves to grave spiritual losses. But if we do not do this, not only Russia can die, but most likely the entire human civilization will cease to exist.

quote:

Together we will win for the benefit of everyone, including the people living in Western countries.

And then Russia and humanity will persevere through all the hardships and go into the future, which seems to me bright, multipolar, multicultural, multicolored, and giving countries and peoples a chance to build their own and common future.

In conclusion, NOOKS.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 14, 2023

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

beer_war posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/baklitskiy/status/1668640566202990592?s=20[/url ]

In conclusion, NOOKS.

Ah yes, the loving to prevent pregnancy gambit...

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here is a photo of him with today's paper, he is fine and please don't look at the date so closely, comrade. Photo manipulation is such an ugly term to use on the fourth floor of a building.

Lmao

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
War bad, but nooks good? Me confused.

in other news, possibly another RU general was involved in HIMARS strike mentioned earlier

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1668929160071335938

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 14, 2023

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

beer_war posted:

In conclusion, NOOKS.

Jfc this guy is so loving deranged.

quote:

The creation of nuclear weapons was the result of divine intervention. Horrified to see that people, Europeans and the Japanese who had joined them, had unleashed two world wars within the life-span of one generation, sacrificing tens of millions of lives, God handed a weapon of Armageddon to humanity to remind those who had lost the fear of hell that it existed. It was this fear that ensured relative peace for the last three quarters of a century. That fear is gone now. What is happening now is unthinkable in accordance with previous ideas about nuclear deterrence: in a fit of desperate rage, the ruling circles of a group of countries have unleashed a full-scale war in the underbelly of a nuclear superpower.

That fear needs to be revived. Otherwise, humanity is doomed.

quote:

But in the end, the winners are not judged. And the saviors are thanked.

Nukes are a divine gift from God and by unleashing them, we will be the saviours of the world.

quote:

But what if they do not back down? What if they have lost the instinct of self-preservation completely? In this case we will have to hit a bunch of targets in a number of countries in order to bring those who have lost their mind to reason.

Yes, the collective west will just sit down and quietly have a think about the error of their ways after we nuke a couple of cities in Western Europe. Of course. They'll probably thank us eventually.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

My balls ache for nuclear obliteration.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer_war posted:

In conclusion, NOOKS.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
we must nuke Will O' the West

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Computer viking posted:

Speaking of rephrasing weird Russian opinions. Stripping away the weird geopolitics/history takes, "Nukes were sent from god as a reminder of hell because we had too many horrible wars" is not the worst religious restatement of MAD I have heard.

We're going to nuke you so hard you'll escape samsara

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

God handed a weapon of Armageddon to humanity to remind those who had lost the fear of hell that it existed

At the risk of Handing It To Him, this is a pretty loving metal line

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Ukraine War: Лол, што?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Expect this rhetoric to be ramped up. They've gone quiet on the nuclear threats, and in my view this is not because China and India told them to tone it down, but simply because if you yell about nukes all the time and don't actually do anything, the threats lose their impact.

They will start up the nuclear threats again after the offensive, regardless of how it goes. If Ukraine is successful, they will do so in order to scare the West and Ukraine and to try to stabilise the front (ie: to get wobbly countries to insist Ukraine stops in the name of peace). If Ukraine does badly, they will do so in order to capitalise on and boost Western voices saying Ukraine cannot win and should be forced to sue for peace.

In my view this piece also highlights the underlying mindset amongst these particular Russian elites (ie: Putin and those surrounding him). They view Western Liberal Democracies as fundamentally degenerate and in inevitable terminal decline.

Its certainly possible to make very strong arguments that the West is in decline! But their particular conception of Western decline it is not actually linked to any particular examples or evidence, and is almost a matter of faith or historical dialectic - it is a one way process that will inevitably happen regardless of circumstances, and Russia must be a principle agent in bringing it about - by historical destiny, its superior culture, people, morality, national will, etc, it outlast and destroy the West.

Nuclear threats are a key component in this - they believe that this decline means that ultimately the West is too weak and decadent to resist nuclear blackmail, that Article 5 is therefore a bluff, and the US would never defend Europe if there were a real risk of Willo's balls being nuked. As such, they believe that they can eventually force the US from Europe and into isolation via nuclear blackmail, and put most of a weak and divided Europe under their thumb.

Bit of a hot take, but in my view, this ideological faith in Western decline is as fundamental to the identity and internal narratives of Putin and his inner circle as the concept of racial struggle was to the Nazis. I'm not comparing them morally, just highlighting it as another lunatic ideological lens through which they see much of the world, and (like the Nazis) it is motivated by wishful and irrational thinking, grounded in violence, spite and a desire for vengeance against perceived wrongs and slights.

Obligatory disclaimer - I am talking about Russian military-political elites around Putin, plus maybe some of the wider Z enthusiast crowd. The vast majority of the population don't share this view - most are politically disengaged and don't really care.

Oh poo poo I thought this was D&D lmao. Just pretend this was a wall of text about Putin pooping his pants

Tigey fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 14, 2023

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

mercenarynuker posted:

At the risk of Handing It To Him, this is a pretty loving metal line

Yeah, looks like we have our new Cormac McCarthy ready to go.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dwesa posted:

War bad, but nooks good? Me confused.

in other news, possibly another RU general was involved in HIMARS strike mentioned earlier

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1668929160071335938

So within the last 48 hours Ukraine confirmed bagged a general and at the least took a shot at another one (current status unknown but the parade ground he was to speak at rained tungsten and is a bloodbath) as well as at least wounded Chechan military commander, maybe killed (to be confirmed)

Thats some serious OPSEC breakdown by Russia.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Nukashenko, the blyat dictator in Europe

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

If Ukraine did indeed take out the general that ordered the charge at Vulhedar, they may have done the Russians a favor.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

(current status unknown but the parade ground he was to speak at rained tungsten and is a bloodbath)

The rumor in Russian sources is that the general was not present during Tungsten rain, and that he was at fault for the people standing in the parade ground because he was several hours late.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Putin is wack

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The strange thing is that even in this crazy scenario where America doesn't respond, Europe has multiple Nuclear armed states. It's not like their 'One weird trick to nuke Europe and get away with it. America hates it' works even by their own logic.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats some serious OPSEC breakdown by Russia.
It's unconfirmed and might be just part of feuding, but some Russian ex-commander says wagnerites gave coordinates to Ukraine

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1668941354565611520

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
"Boston" appears offhandedly in a lot of these conversations as well. The states are called out by name as the supplier/originator of this war just as often as "The West". If I hear there's an icbm in motion, my first thought isn't going to be "oh, well, Paris is overrated."

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tuna-Fish posted:

The rumor in Russian sources is that the general was not present during Tungsten rain, and that he was at fault for the people standing in the parade ground because he was several hours late.

Other rumors saying that General was present at the time of the strike but at the moment the rumor mill is running to hot to really know for sure.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Vaginaface posted:

"Boston" appears offhandedly in a lot of these conversations as well. The states are called out by name as the supplier/originator of this war just as often as "The West". If I hear there's an icbm in motion, my first thought isn't going to be "oh, well, Paris is overrated."

The Russian elite are a sick people who think Fallout 4 was the best one.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Disco Pope posted:

The Russian elite are a sick people who think Fallout 4 was the best one.
Yeah, they are even roleplaying as nuke-worshipping cults, weird.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Karma Comedian posted:

Ukraine War: Лол, што?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Geisladisk posted:

Jfc this guy is so loving deranged.

Putting the mad in Mutually Assured Destruction.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668938797709500419
:frogout:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tigey posted:

Expect this rhetoric to be ramped up. They've gone quiet on the nuclear threats...

Oh poo poo I thought this was D&D lmao. Just pretend this was a wall of text about Putin pooping his pants
I think nuclear blackmailing never completely stopped, but there are less nuclear threats from higher positions and it was mostly delegated to propagandists for internal consumption. Karaganov is probably more important and influential than various propagandists, but he said basically the same things about US not defending Europe in April 2022 and Russian social "scientists" say a lot of deranged nonsense. I still see at a sign of growing desperation, even though nuclear blackmailing didn't work, they have nothing else up their sleeves, so they will repeat it ad nauseam.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 14, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"we have destroyed all seven zelenskys and in doing so have reunited the chaos emeralds"

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Deptfordx posted:

The strange thing is that even in this crazy scenario where America doesn't respond, Europe has multiple Nuclear armed states. It's not like their 'One weird trick to nuke Europe and get away with it. America hates it' works even by their own logic.

I didn't really have "WW3 really got going when the French nuked Rostov" at the top of my list, but you're not wrong.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So many tanks lost, so many vehicles blown up, so many Ukrainian troops dead, so little footage.

Just believe us, it's true!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Vaginaface posted:

Everyone hates Boston sports

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Nice touch on the name and I choose to go with the literal....

...instead of you know... the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cable Guy posted:

Nice touch on the name and I choose to go with the literal....

...instead of you know... the other one.

mods plz probate for tolkien othering and weight shaming