Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The shoulders need to be worked to get the poses you want, but they're pretty capable and a much better solution to making that animation design move than basically any alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Those shoulders make him have more human proportions, very on-movie model. While that's not a thing I usually look for (I actually love MP Hot Rod, too!) I appreciate that what they were going for there and I love it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just need Hasbro to stop being cowards and re-release that hot rod in proper pink.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wasn't kidding when I described Hot Rod as Hastak's first Real Grade. Small, but astonishingly good.

Kingdom Rodimus obv has a very similar transformation and bot mode design, and I'm comfortable calling him my favorite toy of like the last 12 years or so.

(That was a guess on the time, but a good one, since as far as I can remember I haven't kept a particular transformer available to hand for this long since DOTM Skyhammer.)

Phy fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 14, 2023

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Habibi posted:

My daughter earned the studio series Hotrod she's been eyeing on my shelf, and holy crap, I got him because the colors are FABULOUS but the transformation is superb. Incredible density of design for such a small dude. No space wasted, nothing in robot form looks hollow or unfinished, and car mode is solid and beautiful. She's lucky I remained ignorant of these facts or it would not have stayed in the box.

That was the first Transformers toy I've owned since I was six or so, I couldn't resist, it looked like the toy I'd always dreamed about when I was a kid

and it was!!

The '86 movie was some of the only TF media I had regular access to (they had it at the local VHS rental place) so I've always had a big place in my heart for the cast, and Roddy in particular. Wish I hadn't missed out on Kingdom Rodimus but I didn't have a lot of money when he came out.

Fingers crossed for 86 Springer and Ultra Magnus - then I can put this habit down and call it finished.

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 14, 2023

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Barry Foster posted:

That was the first Transformers toy I've owned since I was six or so, I couldn't resist, it looked like the toy I'd always dreamed about when I was a kid

and it was!!

The '86 movie was some of the only TF media I had regular access to (they had it at the local VHS rental place) so I've always had a big place in my heart for the cast, and Roddy in particular. Wish I hadn't missed out on Kingdom Rodimus but I didn't have a lot of money when he came out.

Fingers crossed for 86 Springer and Ultra Magnus - then I can put this habit down and call it finished.

I'd be amazed if you get either of those wishes. Given they've pretty much been splitting the movie characters between the main line and SS86, WFC Springer was already pretty close to his G1 animation model and they did what, three releases of Magnus during WFC (if you include the "spoiler pack" one anyway)?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Barry Foster posted:

and it was!!

This was me but for Netflix Soundwave. A perfect version of my favourite character as a kid, and he's so much fun to muck about with.

The yellowing kinda sucks though.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

I'd be amazed if you get either of those wishes. Given they've pretty much been splitting the movie characters between the main line and SS86, WFC Springer was already pretty close to his G1 animation model and they did what, three releases of Magnus during WFC (if you include the "spoiler pack" one anyway)?

WFC Springer looked awesome but I really hated all that Siege-style paint weathering. Basically I just want that guy but with a decent deco!

UM, yeah, I dunno - I didn't like any of the recent ones (I really wanted the Combiner Wars one though, because IDW Magnus is probably my favourite version of the character). I guess I'll just wait and see. It's not like they're not going to keep churning out G1 characters forever, after all...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This was me but for Netflix Soundwave. A perfect version of my favourite character as a kid, and he's so much fun to muck about with.

The yellowing kinda sucks though.

Dang, he looks perfect too, sorry to hear it!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

WFC Springer looked awesome but I really hated all that Siege-style paint weathering. Basically I just want that guy but with a decent deco!

UM, yeah, I dunno - I didn't like any of the recent ones (I really wanted the Combiner Wars one though, because IDW Magnus is probably my favourite version of the character). I guess I'll just wait and see. It's not like they're not going to keep churning out G1 characters forever, after all...

CW Magnus was common enough you can find him on ebay for a reasonable amount. I've even seen some UK retailers (including Kapow) selling him new for £50. It's a shame the Wrecker version of Springer went with the grey shoulders and legs, it doesn't really work for me.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
If a transformer has their weapon as a part of their body does that mean the projectiles of their weapon share their sapience?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Only if they're smart missiles, otherwise that's like asking if your spleen shares your sapience.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Mine hasn't yellowed as much as some examples online, but it's noticeable for sure. Not enough to ruin it tho!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Barry Foster posted:

and it was!!

Kingdom Magnus with DNA add-ons is about as close as you're gonna get on that, I think.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Listings for a commander class ss86 Ultra Magnus leaked last year.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Listings for a G2 Tigerstripe Grimlock leaked months ago :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When did that Buzzworthy Hound leak out?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

If a transformer has their weapon as a part of their body does that mean the projectiles of their weapon share their sapience?

Weapons as part of altmodes is always super sick on toys but seems like a bad idea in-universe. If Springer gets disarmed is his helicopter mode useless?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Barry Foster posted:

then I can put this habit down and call it finished.

ahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahaha

I give it 2 weeks until you're shopping for detolfs

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Barry Foster posted:

then I can put this habit down and call it finished.
LMAO
Just straight lollin' over here
ROFL, even

No one ever escapes, you are one of us.

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
:rodimus:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Nodosaur posted:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/06/12/buzzworthy-bumblebee-legacy-evolution-troop-builder-multipack-first-look-487033
https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/06/12/buzzworthy-bumblebee-studio-series-86-ironhide-prowl-2-pack-first-look-487039
https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/06/12/buzzworthy-bumblebee-studio-series-leader-aoe-grimlock-reissue-image-487041

we're getting an army building 4 pack with a generic seeker, a quintesson bailiff/allicon, a cybertronian empire trooper, and autotroopers. Each one has an alternate head.

We're also getting Dead Prowl and Dead Ironhide, and a reissue of Studio Series AOE Grimlock

I was planning on getting studio series 86 ironhide, but drat, I guess I'll wait for the two-pack with prowl and grab that instead for my '86 movie collection. dead prowl and dead ironhide are hilarious

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I haven't bought a bot in some time, but I would be sorely tempted by an 86 Magnus.

I know the leader class has been teased

:negative:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The leaks say Studio Magnus will be a Commander.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Effectively they are flinging their own poop at their enemies.

Mirage told Noah not to worry too much about what part of his body the blaster came from, it's a cannon event.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nodosaur posted:

The leaks say Studio Magnus will be a Commander.

That doesn't help!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New leaks for Legacy and SS.

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Cyber Hotshot
Product Number: F8535

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Rock 3
Product Number: F8533

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Strongarm PR
Product Number:F9187

Tra Gen Legacy UNI LDR Soundwave
Product Number: F9188

Tra Gen Studio Series Core TF4 Steeljaw
Product Number: F8752

Tra Gen Studio Series LDR 86 Springer
Product Number: F8774

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

UNI is Unicron Trilogy?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

UNI would just be the abbreviation of the next Legacy subline. The current subline is Evolution, so a lot of the previous leaked listings had "EV" in the name.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

86 springer fml

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah right, they already revealed the RID15 Strongarm. Raises the question of which Soundwave this is, though. They just rereleased the Siege one so it's probably not G1. Unless maybe this is a release of the Netflix one that also has two tapes to make up the price from Voyager to Leader? Could be Prime or Cybertron Soundwave. Wouldn't be the game or movies Soundwave since those are going through SS, Animated is on the smaller side and only appeared like twice so probably doesn't command Leader budget, and Cyberverse is pretty close to G1 styles so would feel redundant.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Prime Soundwave who turned into a predator drone would be cool, but I don't know if they could improve on the original verison. Or Machine Wars giant missile truck Soundwave, with Cybertron Red Alert repaint potential.

But in a Q&A a while back someone asked about the lack of availability of the Walmart exclusive molds and they said the timed exclusive agreement was running out at some point and they were looking at ways to get them to more people, so I'd guess the G1 Soundwave with bundled tapes guess is right.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Maybe it'll be something out of left field like an inexplicable Beast Wars mutant Soundwave.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Robot Style posted:

Maybe it'll be something out of left field like an inexplicable Beast Wars mutant Soundwave.

That would be neat considering he's one of the few Beast Era sufferers of GPS whose mold isn't available in a non GPS version

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

New leaks for Legacy and SS.

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Cyber Hotshot
Product Number: F8535

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Rock 3
Product Number: F8533

Tra Gen Legacy UNI DLX Strongarm PR
Product Number:F9187

Tra Gen Legacy UNI LDR Soundwave
Product Number: F9188

Tra Gen Studio Series Core TF4 Steeljaw
Product Number: F8752

Tra Gen Studio Series LDR 86 Springer
Product Number: F8774

:yeshaha:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Knormal posted:

G1 Soundwave with bundled tapes guess is right.

If it's the same mould as Netflix but the tapes are different I may just have to sell mine.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
So the Beast Wars intro is the best Transformers cartoon intro correct?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I have a terrible confession to make: I don't hate the Beast Machines cartoon. I thought it was fine for what it was, that it shouldn't have been billed as a direct sequel to Beast Wars, but ultimately that the plot revolved around one of the few times a "Both sides are wrong" message actually worked in context.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat, I never realized Lionel Stander got ratted out to the House Unamerican Activities Commission and blacklisted outta Hollywood for years

quote:

"I know of a group of fanatics who are desperately trying to undermine the Constitution of the United States by depriving artists and others of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without due process of law... I can tell names and cite instances and I am one of the first victims of it. And if you are interested in that and also a group of ex-fascists and America-Firsters and anti-Semites, people who hate everybody including Negroes, minority groups and most likely themselves... and these people are engaged in a conspiracy outside all the legal processes to undermine the very fundamental American concepts upon which our entire system of democracy exists."

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh, for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vsCg_wiQw

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Is there anything else that you're after so I can say it's unlikely to happen and thereby cause Hasbro to announce it? I'm fascinated to see what they do with Springer, I hope they give him the concealed wrist blaster thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's not even the best intro to Beast Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIqKsbr7xk4

The best intro overall is this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXisqAk1VKE