Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
no clue why anyone is thinking d3 exists anymore in this universe when they said multiple times in 3 that cain was the last of the horadric order

OR

the fact it's a diablo game not by blizzard north

this is not the story continuation you want, but instead just a corporation just squeezing a teet for any profit they can at the favor of any community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

When are the higher gem tiers unlocked?

you'll be finding them on the ground way before you can craft them

so much so you'll get annoyed when you see them because they clog up your limited inventory when you pick them up

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Technically all humanity are nephalem. It's not a mistake that practically every demonic or angelic act in this game requires human blood to do. On top of that, Lilith simply didn't believe humanity capable of using their potential in the ways she wanted them to (which is why she has a tantrum at the PC for not being immediately subservient to her at the end) and Inarius creating a religion that took humanity's power and self worth out of themselves and into his "light".

Basically what's holding humanity back are self-esteem issues so it's totally a relatable story.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All monks can do that, tho

okay but can every Witch Doctor throw a Jar of Spiders that crits for 5 trillion, that's the real question

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This thread sucks tbh, I've added more people to my ignore list from this thread alone than I have in 20 years of posting anywhere else on this dead gay forum.

diablo 4 feels like a dead gay mmo

i feel like i'm playing with 2-3 controller havers instead of millions of people

not trading or social poo poo going on at all

even our maxed out clan chat is dead silent other than the odd mechanic question

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grinspork posted:

no clue why anyone is thinking d3 exists anymore in this universe when they said multiple times in 3 that cain was the last of the horadric order

OR

the fact it's a diablo game not by blizzard north

this is not the story continuation you want, but instead just a corporation just squeezing a teet for any profit they can at the favor of any community

D4 is a direct continuity from Reaper of Souls, where Tyrael founded a new Horadric order and Lorath was his #1 disciple. Humanity is still recovering because half of Sanctuary got reaped by Malthael. The only dropped plot threads were the nephalem, which everybody agrees was dumb, and the fate of Tyrael (for now).

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
blizzard needs to give us matchmaking in game for dungeons and helltides and stuff

#1 feathre needs to be added

First itbwill make the game more fun and 2nd I can show off my sick clothings i bought for my arpg barbie to strangers

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Jimbot posted:

Technically all humanity are nephalem. It's not a mistake that practically every demonic or angelic act in this game requires human blood to do. On top of that, Lilith simply didn't believe humanity capable of using their potential in the ways she wanted them to (which is why she has a tantrum at the PC for not being immediately subservient to her at the end) and Inarius creating a religion that took humanity's power and self worth out of themselves and into his "light".

Basically what's holding humanity back are self-esteem issues so it's totally a relatable story.

There are no friends to humanity left in neither heaven nor hell. Inarius dead. Lilith dead. Expansions will be about humanity raising its collective self-esteem

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Iron Hold in Hawezar is the new Dungeon To Be Grinding if you crave density. The elite blob(s) are in the dungeon's 2nd part, so overall xp/loot per hour is still lower than the recently nerfed dungeons and that might help it last longer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

There are no friends to humanity left in neither heaven nor hell. Inarius dead. Lilith dead. Expansions will be about humanity raising its collective self-esteem

Lilith isn't dead. She'll undergo the same regenerate in hell process all demons do

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

90% of the quests involve brainstorming and creating inspirational posters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SettingSun posted:

I got the impression that the D4 hero is just a Real Tough Guy a la the D1 and D2 heroes. Could be nephalem, but the story seems to want to distance itself from that? Mundane heroes are more fun anyway.

When you defeat Andariel everyone goes "Whoa holy poo poo you did that?" so you're definitely pretty much just a guy.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"this is not the story continuation you want", he said to a community that mostly agrees they finally got the story continuation they wanted. :confused:

Maybe the poo poo posting white noise would be reduced by sending people who don't play the game but are desparate to deliver hot takes about blizzard to the blizzlols thread. It's fun to make fun of Blizzard, they just wrote a quest in wow about necessary rape enabling, but so many D4 shitposts about not playing the game.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

yeah I like this thread more when people discuss playing the game. Was golden right around release but the shitposting signal/noise ratio is getting worse

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It’s unclear as to if the offspring of the Evils are reborn. Lilith is not a prime or even a lesser evil, but the daughter of Mephisto. She was only gone so long because she’d been banished to Super Purgatory, which makes you wonder why people don’t try doing that to the Prime Evils since it seems to work a whole lot better than the soulstones.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Floor is lava posted:

diablo 4 feels like a dead gay mmo

i feel like i'm playing with 2-3 controller havers instead of millions of people

not trading or social poo poo going on at all

even our maxed out clan chat is dead silent other than the odd mechanic question

In what way is it gay?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I started a Barbarisn alt and you know what its an absolute blast on WT1. Rekt the butcher and he gave me a lame mace, at least it has an ok aspect so i can use it as a stat stick.

Hard to decide between the whirlwind and rend. I like both so I might end up having to roll a 2nd barb later, I havent gotten to try Rupture with Rend but it sounds like it would be pretty effective at clearing fools

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Is there any way to predict when the world bosses will spawn?

From what I can tell, it seems like there is a delay after a boss spawns and they can theoretically spawn at any point within ~3 hours after the initial delay is hit. But, there aren't any fixed spawn times or even fixed lengths of when it will respawn.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

coelomate posted:

Iron Hold in Hawezar is the new Dungeon To Be Grinding if you crave density. The elite blob(s) are in the dungeon's 2nd part, so overall xp/loot per hour is still lower than the recently nerfed dungeons and that might help it last longer.

Iron Hold got nerfed a few days ago. As of last night it seems like Demon's Wake is the current spot, although they could have already fixed it in a late night hotfix. Don't expect it to be good for more than another day or so.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

OctaMurk posted:

I started a Barbarisn alt and you know what its an absolute blast on WT1. Rekt the butcher and he gave me a lame mace, at least it has an ok aspect so i can use it as a stat stick.

Hard to decide between the whirlwind and rend. I like both so I might end up having to roll a 2nd barb later, I havent gotten to try Rupture with Rend but it sounds like it would be pretty effective at clearing fools

Rupture is ok. I have the unique that creates a blood pool that increases bleed to everything in it which is what I mainly use it for.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Black Griffon posted:

In what way is it gay?

Strong focus on fashion.

Main classes include:

- A shirtless oiled up man.
- A (literal and figurative) bear.
- A goth twink.

Every heterosexual relationship in the game fails and the main plot is about how a failed hetero relationship is about to literally doom the world.

The butcher.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The current chase of whatever dungeon happens to be the most “efficient” until they hotfix it is just insane brain worms on both sides. Players just squeezing the absolutely most out of the game chasing “efficiency” and Blizzard paralyzed by one dungeon being “better” and killing it instead of making everything else just as good.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Sorry you guys don't like Diablo 3 because I feel like the majority of enemies and areas are simply reskinned dungeons and areas from Diablo 3. My biggest conspiracy theory currently is that the drowned enemy with the big log that bangs on bells is just a reskinned Urzael.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The current chase of whatever dungeon happens to be the most “efficient” until they hotfix it is just insane brain worms on both sides. Players just squeezing the absolutely most out of the game chasing “efficiency” and Blizzard paralyzed by one dungeon being “better” and killing it instead of making everything else just as good.

Most definitely.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If all the dungeons somehow had uniform mob density and xp per hour players will still find the one dungeon that is the least painful to spam. It's a losing war.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is there any way to predict when the world bosses will spawn?

From what I can tell, it seems like there is a delay after a boss spawns and they can theoretically spawn at any point within ~3 hours after the initial delay is hit. But, there aren't any fixed spawn times or even fixed lengths of when it will respawn.

There are some tracker sites etc. but yeah it seems like the possible spawn window is like 5-8 hours after the previous one so it’s tough to really plan on them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

SettingSun posted:

If all the dungeons somehow had uniform mob density and xp per hour players will still find the one dungeon that is the least painful to spam. It's a losing war.

If only there was another mode that randomized the dungeon layouts and enemy composition so that players could expect a relatively uniform distribution of monsters, loot and experience, perhaps directly accessible from town in increasing levels of difficulty?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Strong focus on fashion.

Main classes include:

- A goth twink.

Every heterosexual relationship in the game fails and the main plot is about how a failed hetero relationship is about to literally doom the world.

The butcher.

That's right. And that, of course, is good as hell.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

If only there was another mode that randomized the dungeon layouts and enemy composition so that players could expect a relatively uniform distribution of monsters, loot and experience, perhaps directly accessible from town in increasing levels of difficulty?
Yeah! Drop the puzzle busywork and instead perhaps make it a trial to kill as many demons as possible within a time limit?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Grinspork posted:

I figure the Horadrim are like the Jedi. Sure, there's only one left... oh, except for this ex-apprentice, and the guy who left the order 20 years ago, and so on.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

exquisite tea posted:

D4 is a direct continuity from Reaper of Souls, where Tyrael founded a new Horadric order and Lorath was his #1 disciple. Humanity is still recovering because half of Sanctuary got reaped by Malthael. The only dropped plot threads were the nephalem, which everybody agrees was dumb, and the fate of Tyrael (for now).

This is the answer and I don’t know why people are getting so mad about it.

Watch the Lorath lore videos on YouTube. They’re official canon from the Diablo team and it’s pretty apparent they want to rid themselves of nephalem plot.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I felt like a real loving badass staring down Lilith at the end of the game. I am really looking forward to destroying every single entity that tries to gently caress with humans.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

exquisite tea posted:

Can't sell horse armor if you don't make the players spend at least 10% of their time riding a horse

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Strong focus on fashion.

Main classes include:

- A goth twink.

The butcher.

I’m assuming this is a joke post and you’re not seriously sexualizing characters in this game.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hey if they want to make more overworld Helltide-like content more power to them. I goddamn love the Helltides.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SettingSun posted:

This is fine if the normal dungeons are unified in xp/hr. They just need to make it more rewarding pushing higher level sigil nightmare dungeons!

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

People fished for the ideal rift too. That wouldn't resolve anything. I agree rifts own though and I also want them back.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MajorBonnet posted:

I figure the Horadrim are like the Jedi. Sure, there's only one left... oh, except for this ex-apprentice, and the guy who left the order 20 years ago, and so on.

Basically, Cain is the worst steward of the Horadrim ever.

- They lose their leader and most of their members trying to contain Baal.

- The rest get killed until Cain is the only one left.

- Cain is tasked with researching the Prime Evils and resurrecting the Horadrim.

- Cain spends 25 years researching without recruiting a single person.

- Finally, he recruits ONE person after 26 years and immediately dies.

- The person he picks is his niece who is possessed by Diablo - literally the single worst choice possible.

Tyrael on the other hand, has been a mortal for like 6 months and already has half a dozen new Horadrim, has found the black soulstone, has built a new Horadrim sanctuary, and taught them all soulstone sealing magic.

Malthael ends up killing all of them except two, but at least Tyrael was making progress about 1,000x faster than Cain.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

May as well just wish for a million bucks while you're at, tech that complex just can't exist on our pitiful modern systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Its not brain worms to want to run dungeons with the most amount of fun monsters to kill in the game about killing lots of monsters. The actual combat gameplay of the game is great and all these dungeon "fixes" are reducing the amount of time we spend doing the fun stuff.