Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Mods don't read

y'all heard of this limewire poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Agreed. I'd say in the case of Twitter it's their problem, not ours, if they can't run their site properly.

Yeah, I am on board with that opinion. :hfive:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Could the chat thread be stickied again? I know people were bitching about too many stickied threads, but the solution being "okay, we'll only sticky important stuff like the fairy thread and something about street fighter comics" is weird.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Slugworth posted:

Could the chat thread be stickied again? I know people were bitching about too many stickied threads, but the solution being "okay, we'll only sticky important stuff like the fairy thread and something about street fighter comics" is weird.

yeah maybe just sticky the chat thread and friday thread and open one at a time? evidently they are both important gbs threads and there are more forum IKs now so the closure of one and opening of another shouldn't be a big deal

or it's just "bookmarking threads you post in is the future" one of the two, idk which one honestly

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 14, 2023

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Slugworth posted:

those are load bearing threads tho

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I couldn't find the chat thr ad and I got so mad/anxious that I diarrhead so much I blacked out

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
(pants were still on while this happened obvs)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lmao if you don't bookmark the threads you post in so you can respond to every single reply like you own the place

hi how are you ♥

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All right all right :sweep:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lmao if you don't bookmark the threads you post in so you can respond to every single reply like you own the place

i go diggin, sometimes you find gold

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There was more self ownage recently? By who?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

There was more self ownage recently? By who?

fake prison story guy

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4027830&pagenumber=47&perpage=40#post532318585

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I think the thread you bump when you take a huge ahit should be stickied too. Its basically part of gbs's cultural tapestry and should be awarded that honour.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:lmao: thank you

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
unsticky the rules thread and just append it to page 1 of this one

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i know we stickied the street fighter anime thread ironically, but it might be confusing for the reddit diaspora who are showing up this week and lead to more anime posts

i highly recommend replacing it with something else for the time being

pigs balls for a little while perhaps?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

maybe a post instructing the reddit people to deposit their :10bux: in the hole and leave the way they came in

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
More anime

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Street fighter anime thread seems like a breeding zone for freaks and weirdos and should probably be gassed imo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Serious comment: sticky a new thread each week, have a poll in said thread to pick the next stickied thread, let people suggest in here or chat nominations for the revolving gbs stickied thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yep +1 to rotating sticky for new threads every week in order to give more exposure to threads, for example The Official GBS Judo Megathread is a new upcoming thread that could benefit from more exposure

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stick 3 threads for every 1 unstuck this is my gold fringe

https://i.imgur.com/dkpGxiy.mp4

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I know a totally lit thread to sticky

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cumpantry posted:

More anime

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Judo more like dude blow (gay)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Judo more like dude blow (gay)

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
judo more like snooze show

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Judo?

Sure, but what have you done for me lately?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Sticky the Ukraine thread and make stux the ik for a weekend to see what happens

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

HonorableTB posted:

Sticky the Ukraine thread and make stux the ik for a weekend to see what happens

Hard pass. Diamond hard pass. Core of a neutron star hard pass

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hard pass. Diamond hard pass. Core of a neutron star hard pass

Aw dang, worth a shot :P

For real feedback though re: Ukraine thread, the current crop of IKs and mods is doing stellar work, Toxic Mental specifically. The thread has gotten a lot better about self moderating and all, and the rules seem to be working well enough that it's keeping the drama low. Keep the course on this one

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

HonorableTB posted:

Aw dang, worth a shot :P

For real feedback though re: Ukraine thread, the current crop of IKs and mods is doing stellar work, Toxic Mental specifically. The thread has gotten a lot better about self moderating and all, and the rules seem to be working well enough that it's keeping the drama low. Keep the course on this one

Yeah, you are absolutely right!

Stellar job IKs and regular posters! :hfive:

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like I was banned for sincerely contributing to the mouse and keyboard thread. I think GBS posters have a rough go of it on the rest of the forum and I think that's dead wrong.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MuadDib Atreides posted:

It seems like I was banned for sincerely contributing to the mouse and keyboard thread. I think GBS posters have a rough go of it on the rest of the forum and I think that's dead wrong.

:agreed:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
There is a lot of GBS envy on the forum.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
When I'm in the other forums I rarely catch up to post in real time

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

There is a lot of GBS envy on the forum.

I remember reading a post in SAD that was something like "I expected many things in 2023, but gbs nationalism was not one of them". Everyone is simply jealous of just how much success and fun gbs is having.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MuadDib Atreides posted:

you weren't banned op. also this is feedback for the forum where you believe you were wronged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you feel you’re being harassed due to the forum you post in, you can reach out to any manager, HR business partner, or call the anonymous hotline