Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

anilEhilated posted:

Is this about the football ticket? That scene is just beautiful.

I laughed so hard I fell off my couch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Victoria remains one of my favorite contestants. It's a shame she didn't pick up a few more wins for her wit, if for no other reason her appearance all but guarantee's we'll never see David Mitchell on the show.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Victoria is wonderful on that series. One of the most intelligent people on TV and just completely, totally out to sea. Greg immediately identifying her twice in that final sound-making tasks is one of the top TM moments.

Her learning to ride a bike in real time was delightful though.

thehustler posted:

I really enjoyed VCM stomping across the stage in that task and Desiree being like "WTF!?"

IIRC she sees what VCM is going for and gives her a thumbs up, then gets offended when she starts stomping like she's trying to squish ants.

Rochallor fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 13, 2023

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I really enjoyed VCM stomping across the stage in that task and Desiree being like "WTF!?"

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

anilEhilated posted:

Is this about the football ticket? That scene is just beautiful.

oh yeah, one of the finest moments ever committed to television

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

neongrey posted:

oh yeah, one of the finest moments ever committed to television
"This is the most passive-aggressive, calculated personal attack I've ever experienced."

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
This episode of good mythical morning kinda reminds me of taskmaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuEF4UVSKP8

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Didn't they have an actual Taskmaster episode some time ago?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Paladinus posted:

Didn't they have an actual Taskmaster episode some time ago?

They did!

https://youtu.be/WnJ6wLrEMy4

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

This episode of good mythical morning kinda reminds me of taskmaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuEF4UVSKP8

I mean, it is inspired by Taskmaster. They say so in the beginning of the episode and in the description. This is the third one that they’ve done.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This one felt weird because it was literally just the rubber duck tm task and I don't remember if they copied other tasks before.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://youtu.be/M51Uca3m3sE

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
series 14 is finally going up on the official youtube channel.

I will soon have the official video for "she's fictional".

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

series 14 is finally going up on the official youtube channel.

I will soon have the official video for "she's fictional".

I enjoyed reliving the whole "dafty in the middle" experience.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was enjoying listening to the Taskmater podcast as I go through my first watch of the show but drat Ed drops so many spoilers it’s crazy.

He’ll preface the episode by saying something like “if you haven’t watched this episode go watch it and come back” then he’ll proceed to reveal the winner of the series, and if the guest is from a later series he’ll probably spoil that one too.

The only relatively safe move is to wait until I’ve finished a series then go back and only listen if the guest is from that series or earlier.

Anyway, Taskmaster rules. I’m on series 7 and wish I could binge it faster but my girlfriend would kill me if I kept going without her.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Yeah, the retrospective ones are dangerous. You should be safe once you hit S10, because only S1-9 were recorded in after the fact. S10+ were all recorded while their series aired for the first time, so it can't spoil later series and is 99% good about spoilers within the series.

Suurmestari Series 4 just wrapped up, and I think it had better chemistry than Series 3. There were a couple of original tasks that I particularly enjoyed, mixed in with some classics from UK and NZ:
  • Create a dreadful ASMR experience for Pilvi is one you instantly expect good results from. The panellist who was a bit too old to have the right point of reference for ASMR is an added bonus.
  • The last episode had a mash-up of at least four different Taskmaster tasks - Quietly construct a birdhouse. Each time you exceed 60db you must name a new bird and imitate its birdcall. Constructing a birdhouse has featured in a different Nordic TM task, noise meter from the cocktails tasks, paired with two bird-related elements of live tasks.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know how loud 60 dB is but I know so many loving birdcalls

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Snowy posted:

I was enjoying listening to the Taskmater podcast as I go through my first watch of the show but drat Ed drops so many spoilers it’s crazy.

He’ll preface the episode by saying something like “if you haven’t watched this episode go watch it and come back” then he’ll proceed to reveal the winner of the series, and if the guest is from a later series he’ll probably spoil that one too.

The only relatively safe move is to wait until I’ve finished a series then go back and only listen if the guest is from that series or earlier.

Anyway, Taskmaster rules. I’m on series 7 and wish I could binge it faster but my girlfriend would kill me if I kept going without her.

I envy you. 7 is my favorite all around season.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

YggiDee posted:

I don't know how loud 60 dB is but I know so many loving birdcalls

quiet enough to piss off daisy may cooper

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Superrodan posted:

I envy you. 7 is my favorite all around season.

We are loving it! A busy schedule has made us go through it a little slowly, it’s sometimes good to savor it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rhod Gilbert is the devil himself.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

After he was mean to Philly Philly Wang Wang in the first episode I kind of hated him but he’s winning me back by midseries

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Snowy posted:

After he was mean to Philly Philly Wang Wang in the first episode I kind of hated him but he’s winning me back by midseries

Phil shouldn't have tried to backstab him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Phil gets in some amazing zingers in that series which almost unilaterally go unrewarded, it's a travesty.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

One thing to keep in mind when watching season 7 is that each episode has a new audience. So every time Phil Wang appears in his costume every episode it is the first time an audience is seeing it.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I know they record two episodes a day; do they change the audience between the two?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They do!

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I'm not sure. I just remember on the podcast they mentioned new audiences reacting to Phil over the series.

EDIT: ^^ Oh cool.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The sheer horror in Gregs' eyes when he realised where Rhod was when making his special little video...truly one of the finest moments in Taskmaster history,

I have never seen anyone on Taskmaster more ready to commit murder than Phil and James Acaster after the "build a house extension" task (well, until Daisy May Cooper and Richard Herring came along). You could actually hear the penny drop for Rhod that he'd better run for his taxi the moment they stopped filming, or else he was a dead man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Most contestants embellish their reactions, but James Acaster definitely had a legitimate breakdown.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Snowy posted:

Season 7 is the best the UK show's ever been – but good news, Taskmaster New Zealand's second season is just as if not better than it. If you're already hopping around, cannot recommend that one strongly enough.

Other seasons are plenty good, mind you. But 7 just has all the stars align. Series 13 is another highlight from the recent ones.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 3, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The first season of TMNZ is now on Taskmaster Supermax

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

To hype up the new series? Seems like based on previous filming timetables we might get it this month?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Latest I heard was mid-August for TM-NZ S4. Sorry I previously hinted it was going to be start of July as that turned out to be optimistic...

But yeah, of the international versions, the New Zealand version has three big things going for it

- It's in English, no subtitles
- All the tasks are original (most remakes repeat the UK tasks a good percentage of the time)
- It's really, really funny

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 3, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And season 2 has the living legend, David Correos...

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

NZ series 2 is a strong contender for best taskmaster ever (others I'd consider: UK 7, UK 12, AUS 1; they just really knocked it out of the park first try with the latter)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Most contestants embellish their reactions, but James Acaster definitely had a legitimate breakdown.

men care way too much about golf. which is a bs sport and lord Greg should kill.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status...eunaIZg26s%3D19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

hrmmmmm

on the one hand, the food and drink tasks usually are really funny, but a show of just food and drink tasks would have to work hard to make each task not monotonous (also I feel like a lot of cooking shows these days are becoming more like taskmaster lol)