Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Buschmaki posted:

It's respectful to refer to someone by their name

Okay, I'll take that into consideration in the future, Ibram Gaunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm all for accessibility and lowering barriers to entry but the way it gets used as a way to make AI a social justice issue, and the implication that it was impossible for a disabled person to create art before they could have a computer do it for them, is, hmmm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Valko posted:

This is maybe the 3rd or 4th time you've qouted my post and ended it with my username, Ibram Gaunt. Why do you keep doing that, Ibram Gaunt? It's not like anyone else wrote my post, Ibram Gaunt.
shut up, valko

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Valko posted:

Okay, I'll take that into consideration in the future, Ibram Gaunt.

That's Buschmaki...

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
You don't even have the same AV how does this happen

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i believe Valko was making what can be objectively termed a "joke" but subjectively can be considered "another reason to separate his head from his shoulders"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just like it for when I don't want to draw backgrounds. Sometimes it's nice to be like "Computer, finish this for me, I hungy."

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Art is intention, typing a single sentence that isn’t complete without a resultant visual aid is not showing much of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

I just like it for when I don't want to draw backgrounds. Sometimes it's nice to be like "Computer, finish this for me, I hungy."
thats a coward's way out. do like a visual novel from 2002 and just put a photograph through a filter.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Boba Pearl posted:

Boba illustrates well how it can be a component of a creative workflow while the AI in and of itself remains uninteresting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They should call them 'cumputers'. Because, well, it just makes sense.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

godddd i still haven't played this one my life is falling apart

there's so many good video games

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

thats a coward's way out. do like a visual novel from 2002 and just put a photograph through a filter.

That's what I used to do lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

when you can't turn off the chromatic aberration

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

every time i think about the jpg artifacts in tsukihime overlaid upon filtered photographs i laugh

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I only scrolled down about a quarter of the way on that image and thought "whatever that is, it doesn't look work safe". Glad I was wrong, Boba.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Higurashi club hands make me lol every time i see them

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

aw she's got little mits o--

wait a second.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tragic that Higurashi never got adapted into its clear intended medium of muppets.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lady Radia posted:

godddd i still haven't played this one my life is falling apart

there's so many good video games

i'm basically at the end (paused right at the start of the third-to-last story battle atm) and i can safely say that while Three Houses had the better worldbuilding, story, and supports, Engage beats it out in every other metric. such a good-rear end game

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Boba Pearl posted:

aw she's got little mits o--

wait a second.

The success of this VN, carried on the backs of photoshop filtered background and mitten hands, is why this guy is the lead writer on an upcoming Silent Hill game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzK_nqDU9M

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't care about AI art, but i do care about Majima's relationship with Ai Uehara in yakuza 0 - she is one of the platinum tier hostesses you can recruit to your cabaret club, and is invaluable in the later stages of the cabaret club storyline

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't care about AI art, but i do care about Majima's relationship with Ai Uehara in yakuza 0 - she is one of the platinum tier hostesses you can recruit to your cabaret club, and is invaluable in the later stages of the cabaret club storyline

Please tell me more.

I’ve already played Y0 I just like hearing about Uehara

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

i saw a twitter lady who does nothing but ai generate princess peach smoking write a giant screed about how it was the only thing getting her through depression

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Bride of Rubitex

Computer generate me upskirt (no modesty) pictures of peach smoking

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

finally, someone who knows what's truly important

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AI Art? More like AI Fart.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I know Parklife jokes are old hat but God help me

Pablo Nergigante posted:

And they all go anti-trans, anti-trans through their... parklife

Lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

AI Art? More like AI Fart.

this had better not unlock something inside rutibex

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Dear ChatGPT,
do u think that yoshi gets embarrassed when he poos out eggs in front of mario??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of yoshi pooping an egg while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the eggs smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
While I understand you find humor in the situation you described, as an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions, emotions, or access to images or sensory experiences. Therefore, I can't provide you with any pictures or descriptions of Yoshi pooping an egg or speculate on the smell of the eggs. Yoshi is a fictional character from the Mario franchise, and his ability to lay eggs is simply a part of his gameplay mechanics. If you have any other questions or need assistance with something else, feel free to ask!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Valko posted:

This is maybe the 3rd or 4th time you've qouted my post and ended it with my username, Ibram Gaunt. Why do you keep doing that, Ibram Gaunt?

It’s because you’re posting like a loving moron and they’re trying to be somewhat nice about it

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Ms. Gaunt was my mother, please, call me Ibram

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
You can game on the computer.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hot Diggity! posted:

Doin this right now in fact

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Can I get the AI to game for me and just watch the highlight tiktoks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Hot Diggity! posted:

oh yeah good idea I'm gonna play Timberborn