Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239741418862955802

Infinite slapstick generator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Okay how the hell do I get in this building in Nero Hill

If I remember correctly one of the walls on the side has breakable stuff.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Motherf

It was so obvious

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I turn yunobo on and remember why he’s not part of the a team.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

sonatinas posted:

WHY'D YOU DO IT?!?!?

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

Macaluso posted:

Wow I just ran into the first bug I've seen of this game. This happened and I literally couldn't do anything. I don't know if it was supposed to one shot me and didn't for some reason, or if it knocked me out of the geometry of the level or something. I had no choice but to restart the last place it auto saved, which was at the start of the dungeon which is annoying

https://twitter.com/Macaluso/status/1668776171910332416

in the shrine that introduces you to posts (the one where you have to rig the clockwork assembly on the far wall) i got cute in the beginning and decided i'd try to anchor a post below the first pillar that moves up and down, and ascend through it. failed the first time, kind of understood that it wasn't possible, but out of sheer belligerence i tried again and somehow ended up stuck inside the geometry of the pillar with no way to get out. just bobbed there in my transparent prison before porting back to the shrine entrance. honestly made me happy to know that this game has SOME flaws...

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Help: I'm in the South Lanayru Sky Archipelago, that part where you have to ascend all the gigantic columns. I got to the top of the columns. How do I get to the island above that?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Propaniac posted:

Help: I'm in the South Lanayru Sky Archipelago, that part where you have to ascend all the gigantic columns. I got to the top of the columns. How do I get to the island above that?

Hoverbike

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

sonatinas posted:

Champion Abilities becoming spirits you can summon (and all of them using the A button to activate) is the only change between BotW and TotK that I hate. I only like to keep Tulin activated because of how clunky the system is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Steve Yun posted:

Boy once you get all your sages and they start whaling on that one bokoblin left after the rest of his crew got destroyed, I start feeling bad for it. It’s like watching wolves tear an animal apart

I always just remember the start of the game where a random potshot would do over half my health. gently caress them bokoblins.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Slowpoke! posted:

Champion Abilities becoming spirits you can summon (and all of them using the A button to activate) is the only change between BotW and TotK that I hate. I only like to keep Tulin activated because of how clunky the system is.
Water is very spammable, I keep him around too. If I could autocast water on cooldown I would.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Slowpoke! posted:

Wait, I can turn these motherfuckers off?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Propaniac posted:

Is it the one named Forge? Then there's not much up there, you'll probably need to balloon or hover bike.

Is it one named courage/valor/bravery? Then you don't, go to the bottom most island and you'll get sent all the way up top as part of a minigame. Leave a Travel Medallion there if you have them, it's a great spot for getting to other islands and a pain to get to otherwise.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SirPablo posted:

Wait, I can turn these motherfuckers off?

Yeah, their vows are all key items. You can dismiss them individually

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Right after I beat the last king gleeok and wonder how you're supposed to do the last phase legit I go to the yiga hideout.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

What happens if you wear the lightning helm when fighting a Gleeok or in a thunderstorm? Do the lightning bolts stop targeting you, or do they still strike you and deal no damage? I added it to my armor collection and promptly forgot about it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bawk posted:

What happens if you wear the lightning helm when fighting a Gleeok or in a thunderstorm? Do the lightning bolts stop targeting you, or do they still strike you and deal no damage? I added it to my armor collection and promptly forgot about it

The latter

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

sonatinas posted:

I like his power, but it is extremely dumb that his spirit adds weight to your vehicle. I always have to turn him off when I get on my Scooty-Puff Jr. (the two-fan hoverbike), and then I inevitably forget to turn him back on when I'm in the middle of a fight and need to nuke things

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

404notfound posted:

I like his power, but it is extremely dumb that his spirit adds weight to your vehicle. I always have to turn him off when I get on my Scooty-Puff Jr. (the two-fan hoverbike), and then I inevitably forget to turn him back on when I'm in the middle of a fight and need to nuke things

I actually like the weight he adds to the two fan hoverbike, helps make my movement more lateral instead of steadily gaining height unless you pitch all the way down.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I killed my first Gleeok last night thanks to the great eagle bow, fire keese eyeballs (it was a frost gleeok), 3 faeries that I had on me for when I died, and some mushroom sticks (5 giant truffles cooked up gives you 20 extra yellow hearts) and my ghost friends helping. I wasn't ready but it ruled! :black101:

One thing I'm realizing is that I almost never actually build any vehicles unless it's absolutely necessary for a puzzle. I just like running across Hyrule like I did in BoTW. I do get a lot of entertainment watching people making wild poo poo, but I guess that part of the game really isn't for me. v:shobon:v

Edit: I finally have started the dragon tears quest and I'm 4 into it and god drat I'm loving the story

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 14, 2023

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I killed my first Gleeok last night thanks to the great eagle bow, fire keese eyeballs (it was a frost gleeok), 3 faeries that I had on me for when I died, and some mushroom sticks (5 giant truffles cooked up gives you 20 extra yellow hearts) and my ghost friends helping. I wasn't ready but it ruled! :black101:

One thing I'm realizing is that I almost never actually build any vehicles unless it's absolutely necessary for a puzzle. I just like running across Hyrule like I did in BoTW. I do get a lot of entertainment watching people making wild poo poo, but I guess that part of the game really isn't for me. v:shobon:v

I'm the same way mostly. I like running around because you see stuff and can grab whatever greebles are sitting around. Also almost every time I sit and build a vehicle to do something I immediately get thrown off and it falls out of reach. This is probably because I build most of them in precarious places where I've decided that a vehicle will help get me out of the tight spot. I even got Epona off a bootleg amiibo and I still haven't taken her out since I registered and boarded her.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Steve Yun posted:

the final dive to the point of no return

I forgot about that, my big entrance was loving up the paraglider save and splatting to death there. Ganon just sitting there like "I holed up here consolidating my power and setting a perfect trap for that?" :suicide:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The latter

I'm gonna go play chicken with God. I wonder how close i can get to being struck by lightning before I switch the bokoblin mask to the thunder helm and light a whole boss bokoblin troop up :allears:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
I'm guessing the game doesn't simulate faraday cages does it? Could you be in one with metal stuff in a thunderstorm and survive?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think I'm gonna beat the story today and tomorrow. Only at 21 hearts, and 60 armor but I should be fine. FF16 is in the corner looming, but I'm probably gonna squeeze another 60 hours out of this game through the year.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

crazysim posted:

I'm guessing the game doesn't simulate faraday cages does it? Could you be in one with metal stuff in a thunderstorm and survive?

There are metal cages in monster forts, but I dont know if they attract lightning, and the way lightning behaves in this game its basically a countdown timer before applying an explosive force with lightning damage attributed to it. If the lightning doesn't directly hit you, the AOE of the strike will probably still deal damage, and it'll be pretty powerful. One lightning strike direct to a silver boss bokoblin can one-shot it, in my experience.

It would be interesting to see, though. I wonder if there's a convenient fort somewhere near Faron Woods that will have a metal cage inside. I could test this and the other thing pretty close to each other tonight since the fort monster camps all have bokoblin type enemies. :thunk:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Metal fires off lightning as an aoe when it gets hit

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

the heebie-gbs posted:

honestly made me happy to know that this game has SOME flaws...

FWIW, the Master Sword sometimes forgets to show its fused item, at least when I'm in combat. Resets when I sheathe/unsheathe it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I ran into the place where I can get the glider suit when I was first starting the game, but I've completely forgotten where it is and want to have it as an option. Where do I find it?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I ran into the place where I can get the glider suit when I was first starting the game, but I've completely forgotten where it is and want to have it as an option. Where do I find it?

Look for the super tall vertical sky island chains that make a small ring/bullseye if you were to overlap all the islands on top of each other.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

404notfound posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea. Thanks.

He also pushed me to turn the spoken language to Japanese during his temple, and I’ve never gone back.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Seymour Buttz posted:

He also pushed me to turn the spoken language to Japanese during his temple, and I’ve never gone back.

So that's why you did that.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

crazysim posted:

:discourse:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/kabukichi00/status/1668898001165877255?s=21&t=6CpAkWDKA-F2r0ZkjoW4Gw

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

crazysim posted:

honestly his spoken lines are so absurd that I kind of wish I could also toggle them on from his ghost.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

The way he says “goro” is hilarious. I feel like those types of speech patterns work better in Japanese, but they just come off awkward as hell in English.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Awesomesaurus posted:

The way he says “goro” is hilarious. I feel like those types of speech patterns work better in Japanese, but they just come off awkward as hell in English.

It doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same way "kupo" does

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

:sickos:

can't wait for more of these

VV Song of Storms

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 14, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

sirbeefalot posted:

:sickos:

can't wait for more of these

I can't hear those tones for poo poo, what song is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CainFortea posted:

I can't hear those tones for poo poo, what song is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3OZoErzJg0