Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Coby White and Dalen Terry are training with DeMar's trainer this summer, bulls are BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mean Baby posted:

By 26-27 that salary won’t be as bad with the new media deal.

This might sound like Marx talking about linen, but let’s peg Beal’s value at 4 firsts and the rough equivalent for each player.

Barrett = 1 first
Toppin = 1 first
Fournier = - 1 first
Wizards 2024 = 1 first (you could argue 2)
Another 2024 = 1 first
A 2026 first (thought to be a strong draft) = 1 first

I think that is roughly good value. However, Beal has a no trade clause, so the Wizards can’t exactly start a bidding war.

is this a joke

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have heard multiple Wizards fans say they would have the team pay a pick to get rid of him, that's how bad the relationship is between the fanbase and the Wizards (not blaming Beal for this). So it definitely gives Washington some flexibility to make a less than ideal trade where they get something back just to get him to move.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

for your all star i would like to trade several of the worst players in the league but fear not. i wrote 1st next to their names so its like getting a draft pick

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Appreciate everyone who weighed in on my Timberwolves question. Sounds like they're in a better position than some of the narrative out there would imply (which is almost certainly fueled by Minnesota sports fatalism)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I have heard multiple Wizards fans say they would have the team pay a pick to get rid of him, that's how bad the relationship is between the fanbase and the Wizards (not blaming Beal for this). So it definitely gives Washington some flexibility to make a less than ideal trade where they get something back just to get him to move.

yeah I think they either trade him for a whatever haul or dont trade him at all, especially with how long they have waited to do it they are probably just never gonna get a real sweet deal. 3 whatever firsts and some absolute dumpsterfire salary filler is probably about where he ends up but i do love the idea of evan fournier being worth a 1st round pick. i didnt know the 2k trade ai was posting here

e: oh that says negative one first. i am the fool. a moron. a complete dope. i still think obi toppin sucks

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 14, 2023

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1669078440996225027?t=wzXBfZHvgFDezjilrKXSww&s=19

He's talking about CoD

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah Wizards fans are disgusted with the FO giving out that contract to Beal, and they want him gone. They probably don't even dislike Beal in a vacuum

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the real trade should be the wizards back to baltimore. instant ring

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Isnt he just like high level average?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Towns would be a win-now guy though. So what team is trading away win-now players for him? Maybe there could be a 3-way thing but those tend to be really hard to setup. I suspect this is more or less the team. At least for next year to see what they can actually do.

Most of the steam I've seen is that if the Wolves trade Towns it would be to get younger to build around the Ant (22 years old at the start of the season) and Jaden (23) window, with the most """""likely""""" ones I've seen being portland for #3 (scoot) and either Simmons or Sharpe or Houston (if they get Harden) for one or both of their previous picks with the #4 also maybe being in play

Realistically if Towns gets traded I think it's next offseason, though trading him this offseason is easier cap-wise.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

the real trade should be the wizards back to baltimore. instant ring

instant ringworm maybe

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

Most of the steam I've seen is that if the Wolves trade Towns it would be to get younger to build around the Ant (22 years old at the start of the season) and Jaden (23) window, with the most """""likely""""" ones I've seen being portland for #3 (scoot) and either Simmons or Sharpe or Houston (if they get Harden) for one or both of their previous picks with the #4 also maybe being in play

Realistically if Towns gets traded I think it's next offseason, though trading him this offseason is easier cap-wise.

Kat fits perfectly fine in that window, hes got another 5+ years of being who he is now unless something tragic happens.

the timberwolves are pretty close, a fully realized ant with kat is a strong enough duo to sniff contendership if the top level teams stay about where they are. rudy is a weird loving fit but I don't really see a path for them to get an equally talented dude who isnt a weird frenchman who cant shoot so

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Would the wolves be better if they had traded for jakob poetl instead of rudy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

They would have the same offensive problems but yes obviously

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

verbal enema posted:

He’s got a really high GAV and ELM (grieving above average, elite level mourner). But as far as basketball wise he’s a good bucket getter and that’s about it, imo. He’s also a ho and a fraud

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

mods change my name to well placed observer

I'm sure the blazers are gonna be super eager to trade for the big man who misses more than half of every season and is coming up on a huge contact extension

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'll never forgive kat for chicken shaming ant

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ghost Dog posted:

Kat fits perfectly fine in that window, hes got another 5+ years of being who he is now unless something tragic happens.

He's six years older so I guess the logic is closing that gap to two or three? I dunno. Sometimes he just feels more like a liability in the playoffs which is not a good thing to feel about your all-nba player.

Shear Modulus posted:

They would have been better with Walker Kessler and being able to pay Naz Reid.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 14, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He’s got a really high GAV and ELM (grieving above average, elite level mourner). But as far as basketball wise he’s a good bucket getter and that’s about it, imo. He’s also a ho and a fraud

The DeMarcus cousins screen jpg

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The real question is who will sign John Wall.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

is this a joke

For the Knicks or Wizards?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

When Ja?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Doesn't this happen with Beal every year? They say he wants out or that they are done with him and then next thing you know he has a new big deal and the Wizards are locked into another 10th seed.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

temple posted:

When Ja?

I'm ready to be distracted now

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Kats mental is bad and he's soft. No one is saying it, so I will!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kat thinks about the idea of not playing call of duty all night and getting enough sleep before a game, and tells his body "not today"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the "Neighborhood" in 2k23 is absolute turbo garbage dogshit dump butt trash

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Maybe they want one those multi year college kids who’s “ready to play” to help with their cap situation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

still wonder what the warriors would be like if they took Franz instead of Kuminga

hell or even Davion instead of Kuminga

but its cool that now Lacob can try to dump the young guys and blame it on Meyers now that he's gone

temple
Jul 29, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

still wonder what the warriors would be like if they took Franz instead of Kuminga

hell or even Davion instead of Kuminga

but its cool that now Lacob can try to dump the young guys and blame it on Meyers now that he's gone

Or Mello. Light Years

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Franz would have been scary, especially because I think front office would have been more willing to trade Thompson and Green if they knew they had a new wing man for Steph.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Welcome to Dallas Mr. Kuminga.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if you could be any non superstar/ star in basketball who would you want to be

mine is lamar stevens cuz i think itd be easy for him to also become a mid tier wrestler

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

verbal enema posted:

He was all-nba a season ago. He wasn't impactful this season because he missed 50+ games.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

He was all-nba a season ago. He wasn't impactful this season because he missed 50+ games.

it was a cod joke im sorry

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

verbal enema posted:

if you could be any non superstar/ star in basketball who would you want to be

mine is lamar stevens cuz i think itd be easy for him to also become a mid tier wrestler

I'd be Desmond Bane because I'd score a lot of points and play good defense and in the anime wars of 2025 I will fit in a mech due to my arm'[s not being too long.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think Being Boban Marjanovic would be the most interesting

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bane got arm shortening surgery so his muscles would bunch up and look bigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrm i dont want to be him but i bet i could help dillon brooks post through his meltdown