Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Valko posted:

Can't be any more bizarre than the original dialougue.

"Olfrid, patron of the great Clan Battle-Born, a name I'm sure you know well."

What sort of egotistical maniac would shout their name and occupation at random strangers in the street and expect them to know?

MF DOOM did not only this, but insisted that it has to be "all caps when you spell the man name". I think he knew what he was doing Valko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
dEEP rOCK gALACTIC IS PRETTY POG

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Darkest Dungeon 2 is very good, but I never had to play it during the Epic Store subsided early access when it was evidently bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

enthusiastic for payday 3

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I believe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Darkest Dungeon 2 is very good, but I never had to play it during the Epic Store subsided early access when it was evidently bad.

I still don't like specific elements of it but yeah I was a dummy who bought in on day 1 EA and the game is drastically improved from that state.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

dEEP rOCK gALACTIC IS PRETTY POG
all caps with shift key scoped

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If you're doing all caps you should show some respect and hold the shift key to give each letter the proper weight.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

If you're doing all caps you should show some respect and hold the shift key to give each letter the proper weight.

I knew a guy who only used caps lock to capitalize.

If he wanted to type 'Larry' it was *Caps Lock*L*Caps Lock*arry

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

That is psychotic

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cthulu Carl posted:

My middle-school typing class had some lessons like this, and it feels exactly as hosed up to do as you think it would

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cthulu Carl posted:

there was like a clique of nerds in my middle school comptuer class who thought this was like the cool way to type

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Browsing via bookmarks is cowardice, BSD. You can do better.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

lobster shirt posted:

there was like a clique of nerds in my middle school comptuer class who thought this was like the cool way to type

My 90s high school typing nerds

no vowels crew:
w tlkd lk ths

lost the home row crew:
pt dp,ryo,rd ;olr yjod

assholes who WILL quote monty python to you:
0R L1K3 7415

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

MarcusSA posted:

That is psychotic

it's called modal editing and it's why you need to switch to vim

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

speaking of typing quirks, the pro move is to only use your extended index fingers and slam your entire arm up and down, Like A Dragon

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kiryu, noooooo don’t be a chat guy!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Kiryu, noooooo don’t be a chat guy!

Kiryu is pure. Also he's almost 50 in this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I re-downloaded Witcher 3 instead since I barely played it years ago

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Cthulu Carl posted:

I remember a kid in elementary school who did this and he went on to murder someone with a brick in high school

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

speaking of typing quirks, the pro move is to only use your extended index fingers and slam your entire arm up and down, Like A Dragon

Waste of Breath posted:

Kiryu is pure. Also he's almost 50 in this

A perfect videogame

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Please tell me more.

I’ve already played Y0 I just like hearing about Uehara

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

that's how i capitalise. I know it's hosed but it's just how i've always typed and its too ingrained into my muscle memory to change now
also tbf its only one more button press

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You think of it as one more button press, whereas I think depressing the shift key for the entirety of a single keystroke and then releasing it is a more complicated maneuver than simply pressing caps lock twice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

typing out Watch for Falling Rocks with only half a caps-lock press

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

I re-downloaded Witcher 3 instead since I barely played it years ago

the first playthrough of Wild Hunt + expansions is one of the best video game experiences there is.

I do recommend using a non-spoiler quest order guide because you can end up borking some important quests due to bugs if they havent been fixed.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Using caps lock also avoids the end result of Jeffrey's date night, sticky keys.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cranappleberry posted:

the first playthrough of Wild Hunt + expansions is one of the best video game experiences there is.

I do recommend using a non-spoiler quest order guide because you can end up borking some important quests due to bugs if they havent been fixed.

Everyone says that but I bounced HARD off this game in the past. Bought it on a steam sale awhile ago and never tried again, but figured gently caress it why not.

Any guide recs?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
If it's your first Witcher 3 playthrough the game is much better if you focus your skills on Signs/Alchemy rather than Combat. Don't sell all the random junk, dismantle sea shells at the blacksmith for pearls which you can sell for easy money.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

Browsing via bookmarks is cowardice, BSD. You can do better.
You're right.

I do regularly check out various subforums for new threads, though - several times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

thats a coward's way out. do like a visual novel from 2002 and just put a photograph through a filter.
remembering an episode of urasawa's manben where the featured artist took a photo he'd taken on a walk, filtered it into black and white and touched it up by hand (so the grass looked like grass instead of splotches etc.) so that it looked kinda sorta handdrawn if you squinted and weren't distracted by the characters drawn on top

necessity may be the mother of invention, but deadlines and laziness are the cool grandparents that let invention eat chocolate and stay up late

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

iwentdoodie posted:

Everyone says that but I bounced HARD off this game in the past. Bought it on a steam sale awhile ago and never tried again, but figured gently caress it why not.

Any guide recs?

no guide lol. wtf.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

iwentdoodie posted:

Any guide recs?

i mean you'd have to explain what you had problems with

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Valko posted:

If it's your first Witcher 3 playthrough the game is much better if you focus your skills on Signs/Alchemy rather than Combat. Don't sell all the random junk, dismantle sea shells at the blacksmith for pearls which you can sell for easy money.

For some reason I don't trust you, valko.

Dongicus posted:

no guide lol. wtf.

This I trust

Edit: the only reason I bounced off prior was the combat. It sucks. It still sucks, but I have a better patience for that now.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Kins posted:

remembering an episode of urasawa's manben where the featured artist took a photo he'd taken on a walk, filtered it into black and white and touched it up by hand (so the grass looked like grass instead of splotches etc.) so that it looked kinda sorta handdrawn if you squinted and weren't distracted by the characters drawn on top

necessity may be the mother of invention, but deadlines and laziness are the cool grandparents that let invention eat chocolate and stay up late

Kowloon HS Chronicle cuts the same corners and uses a ton of photographed backgrounds and characters all have like 5 drawing and no animation, but it means they got to make a Wizardry and Indiana Jones flavored Persona game with no serial numbers.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Valko posted:

Oh I never thought to do that. I should reinstall Witcher 3. But I did just get to Act 3 in my new Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous playthrough so it'll have to wait

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

cdpr sucks donkey rear end at starting games. every cdpr game is absolute trash at the beginning unfortunately, but once you get in the games are incredible. witcher 1 is mad underrated also

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

For some reason I don't trust you, valko.

This I trust

Edit: the only reason I bounced off prior was the combat. It sucks. It still sucks, but I have a better patience for that now.

You don't need any guide, just install the mod that lets the map display multiple quest markers at once that'll make adventuring much easier. Also signs really do make most of the game much easier, Igni is a free CC and guard break in one that makes human combat much easier to get through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

Cthulu Carl posted:

I type like this due to a disability but it is absolutely insane to do otherwise. stealing cripple valor.