Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Sometimes when you're too close to something, you absolutely loving flub it.

I, a person who has written over 100 murder mystery novels and do this as my job, have missed a question on Agatha Christie in the past. It just happens, and it happens even more when you're under SO MUCH PRESSURE to not look like an idiot.

How much pressure do you feel when you play the board game Clue ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Spokes posted:

My answer matched James’s, yeah—once I translated the phrase I couldn’t get T.H. White out of my head even if he was 5 centuries too late. With five minutes I think I’d have gotten to Malory.

Gutted for Mattea, they absolutely sliced through that second game

:same: I knew what they were getting at but the only arthurian book I could think of was the one whose title they had you translate, just not enough time to connect to the next point.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

How much pressure do you feel when you play the board game Clue ?

Not nearly as much as I feel when I'm out here committing actual murders. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to actually get caught?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Not nearly as much as I feel when I'm out here committing actual murders. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to actually get caught?

Karma is gonna be you get busted for a murder and the person who catches you shares the same name as one of the heroes in your books.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Karma is gonna be you get busted for a murder and the person who catches you shares the same name as one of the heroes in your books.

Please I'm never getting caught, I'm too smart for that.

Hubris is a hell of a drug.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
My mother used to tell me “you’re smart enough to think you could be a criminal but you’re not smart enough to get away with it”

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Spokes posted:

My mother used to tell me “you’re smart enough to think you could be a criminal but you’re not smart enough to get away with it”

You don't happen to be related to Leopold or Loeb I hope?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Jared looks like a bigger version of Woody Harrelson.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I cannot believe how many triple stumpers there were during Double Jeopardy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just had a look at J-Archive and christ.

There were 16 triple stumpers out of 30 possible clues. Only 28 clues were revealed today because the players took their sweet time not answering 16 questions, so that's a 43% get rate on questions.

Among questions missed by all three players:
Name the Speaker of the House
Name the Secretary of State
Name the Attorney General
Name the Treasury Secretary who used to be Fed Chair
What video game console was Goldeneye on?
What's that book series where teens shape-shifted into animals?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

14 more triple stumpers.

People did not know their fish.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Speaking of that: I think WoF's season has ended, but since Miyam was on the episode last night, I'm assuming Jeopardy's is still going for another week or two?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of that: I think WoF's season has ended, but since Miyam was on the episode last night, I'm assuming Jeopardy's is still going for another week or two?

Until late July. Ken filmed four days of five eps, and they're airing starting July 3rd.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I don't suppose Mayim would like a new job? (I don't really watch WoF, so I'm just trying to get her off of Jeopardy. Sorry if anyone here watches it.)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

thrawn527 posted:

I don't suppose Mayim would like a new job? (I don't really watch WoF, so I'm just trying to get her off of Jeopardy. Sorry if anyone here watches it.)

TBF, I hate her as a human being so wish she'd host nothing, but she's probably much, much more suited for that show than Jeopardy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BaronVonVaderham posted:

TBF, I hate her as a human being so wish she'd host nothing, but she's probably much, much more suited for that show than Jeopardy.

Agreed, but it's clear to me that they want her hosting something because they feel she's popular, otherwise they wouldn't overlook how bad she is at hosting Jeopardy, so I'm trying to find a place better for her, I guess.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 13, 2023

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
She might be better suited for Wheel assuming she's still under contract to Sony. It's not a WGA show so no conflict there either.

It's probably earmarked for Pat's kid though.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Contestant:
"I'd like to buy a vowel. U."

Mayim:
"...............
Yes, one U."

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Sounds like Seacrest is in line for the gig.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The past two weeks have been so bad.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
So what are the odds of James being absolutely smashed right now with Vegas winning the Stanley Cup?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

blast0rama posted:

Sounds like Seacrest is in line for the gig.

that guys still around?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He moved into Dick Clark's old gig and cryogenic chamber

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Lost the urge to watch regularly when Mayim came back, we're weeks behind on the DVR. Maybe over summer break, but who knows?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

What was with the John Wick-looking motherfucker earlier this week?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Contestant:
"I'd like to buy a vowel. U."

Mayim:
"...............
Yes, one U."

:lmao:

I feel like that really contributes to how many questions go unanswered. She takes forever to confirm a correct answer but for some reason I feel like when someone is wrong she goes at them hard and fast.

Timby posted:

During the game I referred to him as Keanu Steve.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Sean posted:

:lmao:

I feel like that really contributes to how many questions go unanswered. She takes forever to confirm a correct answer but for some reason I feel like when someone is wrong she goes at them hard and fast.

My favourite part is when the player repeats their response because she's too busy looking at her answer card or whatever the gently caress else she's doing.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Timby posted:

the football player they had host? i don't think he's coming back

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol I've only watched random Jennings episodes, kind of want to watch a Miyam one somewhere they aren't tracking to see that. That would be me as a host, not paying attention even though it's my main job.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spokes posted:

the football player they had host? i don't think he's coming back

Nah. On Monday's show, there was some dude who had Keanu Reeves' exact facial hair, hairstyle and suit style as in the John Wick movies and it was just goofy as poo poo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I made the mistake of reading a story about last night's show on Fox News. Apparently all three contestants missing the "hallowed" question meant the country was doomed.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
That's right, George Washington.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Timby posted:

Nah. On Monday's show, there was some dude who had Keanu Reeves' exact facial hair, hairstyle and suit style as in the John Wick movies and it was just goofy as poo poo.

He claimed to defeat cancer after multiple failed treatments so that's pretty badass at least.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The Sean posted:

He claimed to defeat cancer after multiple failed treatments so that's pretty badass at least.

I actually liked that guy. Maybe it's the abysmally low bar for contestants these last couple weeks, but he made a huge comeback and the game was his if he had gotten final.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Yeah, going all in on his Daily Double because he didn't think he'd even be alive was a bad rear end move and I can dig it.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mister Kingdom posted:

I made the mistake of reading a story about last night's show on Fox News. Apparently all three contestants missing the "hallowed" question meant the country was doomed.

Wait until they find out there are two versions of the Lord's Prayer. They'll crap themselves on camera.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

That was a baffling triple stumper, since my atheist rear end knew it just from hearing it shouted out by people in movies.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
How is William Blake so often a triple stumper? I swear the last 3 times it was an answer nobody got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Yeah, going all in on his Daily Double because he didn't think he'd even be alive was a bad rear end move and I can dig it.

Yeah that was metal as hell