Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://www.denverpost.com/2023/06/14/boulder-twitter-eviction-unpaid-rent/

The idiocy is coming from inside the social media!

quote:

A Boulder landlord succeeded in obtaining an order to evict Twitter over unpaid rent, according to recent court documents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pookah posted:

How are these people this stupid, that is literally, obviously the same person, but in one pic she is wearing a paler foundation?

anime profile pic, never met a woman in real life

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That led to Andrew Tate's brother stepping in to defend lol https://twitter.com/TateTheTalisman/status/1668992706981376008

Taking time out of my busy schedule of being charged with multiple sex crimes to poo poo on incels.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tesseraction posted:

That led to Andrew Tate's brother stepping in to defend lol https://twitter.com/TateTheTalisman/status/1668992706981376008

Taking time out of my busy schedule of being charged with multiple sex crimes to poo poo on incels.

That’s his main demo

Though a lot of the tate brand is telling their main demo they are rear end and need him

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/TateTheTalisman/status/1668993750167703552

https://twitter.com/sairaspooks/status/1669010385544806402

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s his main demo

Though a lot of the tate brand is telling their main demo they are rear end and need him

Yeah but it's why it's so funny. The shitheads are all in on insulting this woman and then their muscle lord comes and says "nah she's fine."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tesseraction posted:

A noble cause

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm wildly amused that SA has remained stable enough to be a safe haven when shareholders melt down yet another beloved internet entity.

ironically it's because lowtax was too stupid to cash out at the height of the site's popularity

he might still be alive and wealthy, and the site would be long dead, torn apart and devoured by tech entrepreneur vultures

thank you for your sacrifice mr. tax o7

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/sairaspooks/status/1668684180606033920

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Yes Ian, without makeup she looks like a person, while YOU look like a deflating balloon with Max Payne's PS2 face printed on it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pookah posted:

How are these people this stupid, that is literally, obviously the same person, but in one pic she is wearing a paler foundation?

She’s also got a phone in one pic but somehow not in another? Did she lose it? Was it borrowed? Something’s going on here and no mistake

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
There is no way in hell this person would actually prefer a world with no cosmetic products. They complain when their medieval video game characters have minor blemishes or untrimmed eyebrows.
Also... he knows nobody in the world just looks like that pic on the left naturally, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vib Rib posted:

There is no way in hell this person would actually prefer a world with no cosmetic products. They complain when their medieval video game characters have minor blemishes or untrimmed eyebrows.
Also... he knows nobody in the world just looks like that pic on the left naturally, right?

No they don't, these people will say they prefer women with little to no make up and use Laura Prepon on That 70s show as their example.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
add angles and poses to the long list of things incels don't understand.
I can't believe that putrid goblin was self aware enough to invoke his own appearance, but ranked himself above a conventionally attractive person without makeup.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Air Skwirl posted:

No they don't, these people will say they prefer women with little to no make up and use Laura Prepon on That 70s show as their example.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/dailymail/status/1668622239372283906?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Well if the Vatican knows then that’s no reason not to share it with the world. Since the biggest problem is the idea that Earth is “special” and god only made life here and that kind of poo poo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I mean the Vatican acknowledges the existence of angels and demons. Has for a while now.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Vib Rib posted:

"No you shut up you're not evEN MY REAL DAD"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's so odd that they're attacking her for the picture on the right. She's still pretty; she just looks like a normal human. I guarantee that none of those fuckers look half as good. It's especially hilarious that Ant Man of all people thinks he's way more attractive than her. He's one of the ugliest fucks on this planet.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

So what I'm hearing is that we probably don't want a strict "absolutely no bigotry" rule, but rather "let's have less of that, but if you do share them, at least it should be interesting / funny and not just exposing everyone to how awful people can be" rule.

The thread will help self-police but I can intervene as necessary. Will update the OP after this.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Pookah posted:

Since you mention the Internet Culture Warriors thread, I'm just going to throw in a minor update on the Burke situation that followers of that thread might remember:

Enoch stayed doggedly outside the school until the end of term

Also the audio of the big fight at the Court of Appeal, (back when Simeon Burke got carried out by 4 gardaí and his shoes went missing, while Enoch clung to the benches and had to be dragged away across the floor) is to be released to Simeon Burke and the gardaí, as part of Simeon's appeal, so there's a chance it might be leaked.
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/court-audio-recordings-will-be-released-for-simeon-burke-appeal-1486879.html

I dearly hope it will be, because it has to be hilarious.

also i just wanna say i really enjoy these burke updates in the ICW thread, they are the most ridiculous family and I feel very bad for the people they harass but also lol at how this increasing numbers of this awful family's members keep getting carried out by the gardaí because they think they're above the law and can stand angrily looking at a school in bright daylight, like people who think they are the most normal in the world

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Maybe we can restart the Culture Warriors thread on PYF. As I understand it, the last thread got gassed because CSPAM goons had their delicate sensibilities upset because people were saying mean things about Glenn Greenwald.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

So what I'm hearing is that we probably don't want a strict "absolutely no bigotry" rule, but rather "let's have less of that, but if you do share them, at least it should be interesting / funny and not just exposing everyone to how awful people can be" rule.

The thread will help self-police but I can intervene as necessary. Will update the OP after this.

Genuine apologies for posting the story that started this discussion. I guess I was more concerned with sharing my disgust at the situation than posting entertaining content.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

grittyreboot posted:

Maybe we can restart the Culture Warriors thread on PYF. As I understand it, the last thread got gassed because CSPAM goons had their delicate sensibilities upset because people were saying mean things about Glenn Greenwald.

Don't you put that evil in here

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

Seconded. I don't care which forum it ends up in, just would appreciate less weird grudge posting and thread making GBS threads in the next incarnation.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Equeen posted:

Genuine apologies for posting the story that started this discussion. I guess I was more concerned with sharing my disgust at the situation than posting entertaining content.

Don't worry about it! I think we all have our own blind spots and it's a good reminder once in a while that everyone has different temperaments for different things.

grittyreboot posted:

wondering if A "PYF the right wing dorks who can't keep stop owning themselves" may be too similar to this thread, and tangentially i personally don't really know if having a PYF Bigots thread is a good idea...? also lol at pyf potentially having its own glenn-specific disaster. open to ideas of course

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, I've tried putting content warnings on any idiots I've recently posted that also contained bigotry, etc. :kiddo: But I'm sure I've slipped at times, plus I'd assume there's kind of "I can't help but click" for some folks, even with content warnings.

Apologies if I've contributed to this at all!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

and tangentially i personally don't really know if having a PYF Bigots thread is a good idea...?

I don't post there so this may get me booed and pelted with tomatoes for not understanding THE CULTURE, but does it fit in D&D?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, I've tried putting content warnings on any idiots I've recently posted that also contained bigotry, etc. :kiddo: But I'm sure I've slipped at times, plus I'd assume there's kind of "I can't help but click" for some folks, even with content warnings.

Apologies if I've contributed to this at all!

I don't post there so this may get me booed and pelted with tomatoes for not understanding THE CULTURE, but does it fit in D&D?

Not with how it's being modded right now, probably.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think it's possible to have a middle of the road approach ; a certain degree of gallows humor can be cathartic but I get that there needs to be a degree of 'humor' in there to work. There's been some great examples in his thread, including:

A lady getting super angry about being called "Eve Fartlow"
An alt right guy getting trolled by his own parents on social media
The "pussy phrenologist" who got mad about some plaster vulvas on display and bragged about fingering corpses to prove she knew which vaginas were "real"
Elon Musk

And so forth. Though I would agree a dedicated thread would help for the people who want to vent or lean more info the outrage would be ideal for everyone.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I'd want to say that if I were facing potential arrest or some other form of confirmed shutoff of my socials, I'd try to make sure the last thing I post isn't a total embarrassment.

But no, I know me, my most likely scenario is saying some tepid hot take trying to explain why I don't like part of a game that immediately gets taken in the worst way; I'd say that if I'm lucky I'm at least matching where the post-hype consensus lands, but nobody remembers someone being the first one to say 'this part sucks'. My best-case scenario is that my final note is a weird sideways take like 'this fictional setting's government chambers are terrible for their purpose'.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Panfilo posted:

A lady getting super angry about being called "Eve Fartlow"
every single time I see a "free parking" sign now I think about her "the jews are tiiiiired" tweet

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

grittyreboot posted:

On the one hand, the moderator of PYF who was one of the most vocal offenders has been permabanned.

But no; this forum does not need that thread.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Platystemon posted:

On the one hand, the moderator of PYF who has been permabanned.

I’m sorry but you’ll have to be more specific

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

every single time I see a "free parking" sign now I think about her "the jews are tiiiiired" tweet

What was the context for this one?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

wouldn't GOD be a non-human intelligence?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bargearse posted:

What was the context for this one?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Eve Fartlow

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Eve Fartlow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She's an advocate for Israel so she's just doing the one thing advocates of Israel always do, acting like Israel represents all Jews everywhere so getting upset about the ongoing genocide they're perpetrating is racist.