Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that guy once sent me a pm telling me to stop stalking him and i didnt even know who he was :dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You know weirdoes, you can use the PM system to be nice to someone. You can just send a PM that says I like your posts. Most people ime respond pretty positively to positive reinforcement.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Boba Pearl posted:

You know weirdoes, you can use the PM system to be nice to someone. You can just send a PM that says I like your posts. Most people ime respond pretty positively to positive reinforcement.

Incredible jock riding behavior to send a good post pm, but better than being a hostile crazy person

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

i did this once and a goon posted my pm in the games feedback thread telling me not to harass him lol

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here’s my W-2
So call me maybe

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i did this once and a goon posted my pm in the games feedback thread telling me not to harass him lol

I remember you pming me "Hi how are you" and being delighted to have someone new to talk too lmao.

Buschmaki posted:

Incredible jock riding behavior to send a good post pm, but better than being a hostile crazy person

being sincere is actually based.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
SINCERE jockriding now!?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

I remember you pming me "Hi how are you" and being delighted to have someone new to talk too lmao.

being sincere is actually based.

:cheers:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
16bbh has a heart of gold and I dunno how people don't see that

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

HopperUK posted:

16bbh has a heart of gold and I dunno how people don't see that

You seem to be mistaken, 16bbh is the forums Tucker Carlson.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmfao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

free dongicus

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

free dongicus

this. but drat that thread is just depressing lol.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

it took me a long time to realise that 16-bit etc was different from another poster called 8-bit etc who I disliked for some reason I forget now

I also do not know the difference between 16-bit and 8-bit irl and I refuse to learn

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol that guy once sent me a pm telling me to stop stalking him and i didnt even know who he was :dafuq:

well did you

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

it took me a long time to realise that 16-bit etc was different from another poster called 8-bit etc who I disliked for some reason I forget now

I also do not know the difference between 16-bit and 8-bit irl and I refuse to learn

this post was made to irritate me Personally and i am Upsetted by it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Metis of the Hallway posted:

8-bit scholar, formerly RentCavalier, unbelievably tedious rear end in a top hat who eventually got banned for transphobia but before that was run out of GiP on a rail because he posted a lengthy and maudlin essay about the tribulations of being an army brat

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hfg9_QAeI 8-bit butt-head ftw

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Lady Radia posted:

this post was made to irritate me Personally and i am Upsetted by it

you're welcome!

Oxxidation posted:

8-bit scholar, formerly RentCavalier, unbelievably tedious rear end in a top hat who eventually got banned for transphobia but before that was run out of GiP on a rail because he posted a lengthy and maudlin essay about the tribulations of being an army brat

Ok I'm glad to be validated in my vague memory of hating that poster

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lmao

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

lol i didnt know that lore that he was 8-bit scholar

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

You pmed me once and I thought it was nice :shobon:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I appreciate everyone and hold no beef with anyone currently in this thread who I have pmed with.

I also maintain their discretion :wink:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ibram Gaunt posted:

this. but drat that thread is just depressing lol.

I particularly like them instantly believing a tweet from some twitter rando claimed to have been banned by the cops from Whole Foods for wearing a mask. A totally real thing that absolutely definitely happened.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I particularly like them instantly believing a tweet from some twitter rando claimed to have been banned by the cops from Whole Foods for wearing a mask. A totally real thing that absolutely definitely happened.

the dude on the same page believing that you can get covid through your eyes is a new level of psychosis I didn’t know that thread had achieved

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
all of those are true

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The fools don't realise that the next pandemic will be with a virus that exclusively kills people who wear masks because of them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kazinsal posted:

the dude on the same page believing that you can get covid through your eyes is a new level of psychosis I didn’t know that thread had achieved

Another case of goon telephone, I'm afraid. To eyeball covid death simply means to estimate how many people die from covid.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think if you feel more safe wearing a darth vader mask or w/e in public, then that's fine. Live your life, but and it's not just goons but something i've seen in terminally online places alot are people just trapped in 2020 era where no matter how vaxxed you are, you will 100% be hospitalized and probably die if you catch covid.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Another case of goon telephone, I'm afraid. To eyeball covid death simply means to estimate how many people die from covid.

lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i spend all day online reading about people dying and am sad and depressed. i think this is the effects of long covid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Barnacle Jim was long covid patient zero. God rest his soul.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

two posts above the death stranding joke is a link to a paper

and the abstract is loving gold

quote:

As with many interventions intended to prevent ill health, the effectiveness of parachutes has not been subjected to rigorous evaluation by using randomised controlled trials. Advocates of evidence based medicine have criticised the adoption of interventions evaluated by using only observational data. We think that everyone might benefit if the most radical protagonists of evidence based medicine organised and participated in a double blind, randomised, placebo controlled, crossover trial of the parachute.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i spend all day online reading about people dying and am sad and depressed. i think this is the effects of long covid.

My fav version are the extremely out of shape goons who just never went outside in general blaming their lack of energy and trouble doing heavy labor as covid originated lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
death stranding is about covid

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My fav version are the extremely out of shape goons who just never went outside in general blaming their lack of energy and trouble doing heavy labor as covid originated lol.

i work from home and then sit in the same chair doomscrolling for the next 10 hours and i have upper back pain. this is covid induced heart failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the guy who spent all day playing WoW and ignoring his wife and their marriage was falling apart and he was like 'long covid sucks...' owned