Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wishing them a very something critical breaking in an irrecoverable manner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

wishing them a very something critical breaking in an irrecoverable manner

it's just for their moderation tools, they don't use them anyways outside of when some guy has to take down whatever catturd is mad about today

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

galumphing lummox posted:

Who's buying Teslas now? Any cache they might've had with liberals for being eco-friendly has got to be completely annihilated by now. But chuds won't buy them because they still have enough of a whiff of being eco-friendly for them to be put off. Is it just techbros or what?

The same kind of people who buy blue checks in car form.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MunchE posted:

it's just for their moderation tools, they don't use them anyways outside of when some guy has to take down whatever catturd is mad about today

So what you are saying is it's free movie day?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Lindsey just can't stop threatening us with a good time.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

How many people in that division? 3? Probably all juniors too. What fun.

.random
May 7, 2007

I blame a lack of imagination, but I’m not sure how I’d expect them to react… “Typical Hollywood left wing advocacy for violence”? Or “I expected better from Indiana Jones!” Or possibly “Not true, Indiana Jones never had a problem with nazis”?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

.random posted:

I blame a lack of imagination, but I’m not sure how I’d expect them to react… “Typical Hollywood left wing advocacy for violence”? Or “I expected better from Indiana Jones!” Or possibly “Not true, Indiana Jones never had a problem with nazis”?
More like "everyone knows the real nazis are leftists".

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

.random posted:

I wanted to see what the blue checks had to say and I get this, both trying to load that tweet and also just going to twitter.com

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://twitter.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED

Well done Elon! 👍

e: back up now

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

think my favourite reply to that harrison ford interview is someone just yelling at him for being a hypocrite while linking his wikipedia article with no explanation whatsoever

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

You're saying Twitter Blue costs eight cents? :confused:
No, no, I'm saying that if the cost has been increased 10,000 times by restricting DMs as Musk claims then the previous cost must have been 1/10,000th of $8, as the changes don't apply to anyone who pays for that.

On the platform that has already supposedly solved the rampaging bots problem.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Ghostlight posted:

No, no, I'm saying that if the cost has been increased 10,000 times by restricting DMs as Musk claims then the previous cost must have been 1/10,000th of $8, as the changes don't apply to anyone who pays for that.

On the platform that has already supposedly solved the rampaging bots problem.

I was pointing out that your math was wrong. 1/10000 of $8 is .08 cents, not .0008 cents. ;)

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Twitter getting destroyed by music companies like an aughts file sharing platform.

The Forbes article has a link to the filing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
To be fair the DMCA is a plague upon humanity

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

...! posted:

I was pointing out that your math was wrong. 1/10000 of $8 is .08 cents, not .0008 cents. ;)

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
He would still be correct but that's not even what he said lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

So few understand this

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Interesting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, it's one bot, Michael. What could it cost, .0008 dollars?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I want you to look at this image and think very hard about how you misentered the numbers. You missed something very important.

Goons are so bad at math.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao confirmation the musk is in the thread! THE MUSK IS IN THE THREAD!!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

You missed the dollar sign

1/10000 of $8 is .0008 dollars

.08 cents ;)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can that app calculate how many workouts you can do in a week if you work out every other day? Need to refer it for a friend

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That makes no cents at all!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i didn't know that elon musk posted in this thread

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wow, i need this on a t-shirt

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

DRINK ME posted:

Twitter getting destroyed by music companies like an aughts file sharing platform.

The Forbes article has a link to the filing.

Broken clock and all, but lol that it’s getting him in deep poo poo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dunno if this is real or not
https://twitter.com/nima_owji/status/1668329228025364480

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What do maths and Elon share in common

They're both dumb and boring

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

...! posted:

You missed the dollar sign

1/10000 of $8 is .0008 dollars

.08 cents ;)

:fry:

Songbearer posted:

What do maths and Elon share in common

They're both dumb and boring

:fry: :fry:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Actually that could be useful to weed out the people you definitely do not want to hire.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1669089769970606081

Wait, what? Haven't they been able to basically trace all the way to the very market where the virus first made the jump from animal to human?
Haven't checked in a while, but I don't think they have. There are a few theories floating around, including the wet market one and the lab leak one. There's a good chance I think we never will know for sure.

The piece that was 'censored' was an opinion piece filled with a lot of speculation and innuendo. Maybe it shouldn't have been taken down, I don't know--reading it now it is smarmy and lovely but that's typical of conservative opinion pieces. What it wasn't though was some serious investigative report that was taken down to hide the TRUTH.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Great for all those corporations trying to fill that one vacant position.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A rare miss by the otter

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Murdstone posted:

Haven't checked in a while, but I don't think they have. There are a few theories floating around, including the wet market one and the lab leak one. There's a good chance I think we never will know for sure.

The piece that was 'censored' was an opinion piece filled with a lot of speculation and innuendo. Maybe it shouldn't have been taken down, I don't know--reading it now it is smarmy and lovely but that's typical of conservative opinion pieces. What it wasn't though was some serious investigative report that was taken down to hide the TRUTH.

It always felt like a total distraction of an issue. Yes, it's important for scientists to understand the origins but people were acting like knowing should affect policy during the pandemic itself. Why?

It's like with climate change deniers arguing it's not entirely human caused, as if that even matters in any way to the mitigation steps and humanitarian planning we need to do.

Except with the virus it's also racism. Well, some of the climate denial is too I guess

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What I find interesting is that many of these ideas aren't inherently bad but we all just know how half-assed they're going to be implemented.

It reminds me of how some restaurants go under. Owner hits a rough patch and then tries to appeal to as many people as possible with an increase in menu items. When that doesn't work because the food sucks now, they try to extract more money from the customers by increasing prices or nickel and dime poo poo. The restaurant then has a long several-year march into closing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is like that cellphone or long distance customer service call from around 2000 where they went back and forth over the .01 cents per minute promo for like 30 minutes