Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Paypal Pay in Four is a gift and a curse. :getin:

Yeah I just dropped $133 on this without hesitation lol. This is exactly in my wheelhouse.

I haven't even looked at the content closely. Hopefully it doesn't overlap with Hardcore very much. Doesn't seem like it.

edit: In the past I've skipped all the Futurismo Devo releases and picked them up later on ebay for like half the cost. There's a chance that could happen with this, for sure. Although that never happened with Recombo DNA, and I don't want to risk it with this one.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

wa27 posted:

Yeah I just dropped $133 on this without hesitation lol. This is exactly in my wheelhouse.
I had a Final Fantasy XVI pre-order I was feeling great about after the demo dropped, that poo poo went right in the trash the minute this went up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bad with money once again. Saw the Circle Jerks album came in to the shop yesterday so phoned and purchased. The rest are just browsing and filling in blanks. Glad to get the Liquid Swords album without the Marvel garbage cover that came out. The Wham album, if you haven't listened, is solid gold after the 1st track (Wake me up, ugh...) - it's pure 80s pop-funk and real good. Of course this album also has Freedom and Careless Whisper. Insane follow up to their debut!

They had a copy of The Organ's debut from 2004 on the wall but it was $220 CAD. Tempting... but I got other things to spend. That album is really loving good though.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
One of my local places finally got a copy of Jungle's first/self-titled album, and I have to wait until this weekend to go get it. :ohdear:

Vintersorg posted:

The Wham album, if you haven't listened, is solid gold after the 1st track (Wake me up, ugh...) - it's pure 80s pop-funk and real good. Of course this album also has Freedom and Careless Whisper. Insane follow up to their debut!

Different album, but I can never hear "I'm Your Man" anymore without thinking of this scene from Scream Queens (slightly NSFW due to slasher movie violence):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVuQolJDKY8

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Garth is cool and good

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1669143428544724992

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are also non-chuds, if you're looking for more "older country stars that don't want LGBT+ folks dead". :kiddo:

And there's of course the new crop, like Maren Morris, etc.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've Got Friends in Low Places (no transphobes) :blastu:

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

caligulamprey posted:

I've Got Friends in Low Places (no transphobes) :blastu:

That's redundant. Transphobes are not friends.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

forgetting where I was, my first thought was, "someone needs to tell the vinyl thread."

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Paypal Pay in Four is a gift and a curse. :getin:

Paypal Credit is worse!

Read After Burning posted:

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are also non-chuds, if you're looking for more "older country stars that don't want LGBT+ folks dead". :kiddo:

And there's of course the new crop, like Maren Morris, etc.

Dolly Parton too. She's been a big friend o' gays for a long time. I never knew Garth Brooks was actually cool. Maybe I too must rope the wind.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
download codez

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Dolly Parton too. She's been a big friend o' gays for a long time. I never knew Garth Brooks was actually cool. Maybe I too must rope the wind.

The Thunder Rolls, Calling Baton Rouge, and Friends In Low Places are the two best Garth Brooks songs, I'll straight-up head bang like Beavis and Butthead to 'em. :colbert:

Of his "sad"/ballad songs, there's If Tomorrow Never Comes and The Dance, and I remember liking the former way more than the latter. :kiddo:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 17, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Deafheaven 4 life

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 17, 2023

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

New Jenny Lewis album!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

spinst posted:

New Jenny Lewis album!

Nice, that is also a spectacular color design.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Happy to finally have this one in the mix.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

caligulamprey posted:

Happy to finally have this one in the mix.

The design of that is so sweet. Artwork like that never looks as good on a CD insert.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 18, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Wooooooow this Deafheaven album looks insane when it's playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcIbHZ5i_M

(that's not my phone going out of focus, that's how it actually looks irl)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Read After Burning posted:

The Thunder Rolls, Calling Baton Rouge, and Friends In Low Places are the two best Garth Brooks songs, I'll straight-up head bang like Beavis and Butthead to 'em. :colbert:

Of his "sad"/ballad songs, there's If Tomorrow Never Comes and The Dance, and I remember liking the former way more than the latter. :kiddo:

Huhuhuhuh, you said "bang".

pwn
May 27, 2004

haljordan posted:

That's fukken sick

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

I don't love that album but that looks cool as gently caress

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

haljordan posted:

I wish I had gone for the picture disc now instead of the black vinyl :( that rules

pwn
May 27, 2004

I, Butthole posted:

I wish I had gone for the picture disc now instead of the black vinyl :( that rules

On the other hand you have an edition that sounds good.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
https://thesoundofvinyl.us/collections/all?q=&hPP=30&idx=official_products_price_asc&p=0&is_v=1

Don’t know if this will actually ship or not but there’s a few dozen records here priced at $0.00. I just had to pay the shipping cost of $8.00 and got order confirmations. The kicker is I had to order things one at a time, but at $8 each there’s still some amazing deals.

Schremp Howard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 19, 2023

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/collections/all?q=&hPP=30&idx=official_products_price_asc&p=0&is_v=1

Don’t know if this will actually ship or not but there’s a few dozen records here priced at $0.00. I just had to pay the shipping cost of $8.00 and got order confirmations. The kicker is I had to order things one at a time, but at $8 each there’s still some amazing deals.

I went ahead and ordered a few, thanks!

Edit: ordered two McCartney albums, one Beastie Boys, and one The Band.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 19, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

Got Who Sell Out and JCS 50th anniversary, double LPs are $10 shipping. Bonkers! Thanks.

wa27 posted:

I went ahead and ordered a few, thanks!

Edit: ordered two McCartney albums, one Beastie Boys, and one The Band.

I really considered Stage Fright. Am still considering it. Might have to do a third :hmmyes:

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 19, 2023

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Yeah, the site is broken as hell. Seems like what manages to stick in your cart is a real crap shoot. As for whether any of this actually ships, I’m not entirely confident.

pwn
May 27, 2004

bagina posted:

Yeah, the site is broken as hell. Seems like what manages to stick in your cart is a real crap shoot. As for whether any of this actually ships, I’m not entirely confident.

Maybe it's your browser or rotten luck? I ordered three times and each went smoothly.

I don't think this is a mistake, it would be fixed by now (just ordered Stage Fright seconds ago). They're just moving some inventory.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

spinst posted:

New Jenny Lewis album!

I am ride or die for Jenny Lewis and I've admittedly only listened to it once but this album doesn't really do it for me.

Barry fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 19, 2023

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I've also seen some things come up as sold out and then back in stock later so somebody's still doing work.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Is anyone's copy of Good Kid Maad City also consistently noisy as poo poo? I had this sitting on the shelf for like 2 years and only yesterday pulled it out and good lord (not even a spin on the Squeaky Clean helped).

Maybe I just have a bad copy? :shrug:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ordered the Steven Wilson mix of Roxy Music. For 8$ a good deal!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Got a copy of Beautiful Garbage for $10 shipping and Boys and Girls by Bryan Ferry for $8 so fingers crossed everything works.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."
Ordered Stones and Beastie Boys.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Nirvana Unplugged 2xLP is back in stock, so add another one to the pile :v:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Went to a local record store and went a little overboard, although a few were picks from my kids, so I guess from that perspective it wasn't too big a haul:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

pwn posted:

On the other hand you have an edition that sounds good.

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here but does colored vinyl sound worse than black?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here but does colored vinyl sound worse than black?

Generally no. Solid color or splatter patterns shouldn't sound any different. Sometimes adding particulates (like, say, glitter) can add surface noise to a record, though.

Picture discs are a completely different story. Usually that's a printed surface sandwiched between two layers of plastic, and they usually sound worse. I'm not sure if it's because of the material they use or what.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

wa27 posted:

Generally no. Solid color or splatter patterns shouldn't sound any different. Sometimes adding particulates (like, say, glitter) can add surface noise to a record, though.

Picture discs are a completely different story. Usually that's a printed surface sandwiched between two layers of plastic, and they usually sound worse. I'm not sure if it's because of the material they use or what.

I think the picture discs can sound bad because the grooves aren't as deep.

I picked up the "free" Beastie Boys and a Bobby Humphrey record. Thanks for the heads up.

Plaid Room is having a pretty good sale as well. https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/2023-summer-sale-extra-40-off?mc_cid=6243029efb&mc_eid=c2fa0eca67

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hell yeah Gabor Szabo