Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Have a funny feeling that a not-insignificant amount of those 55,000 are gonna decide they liked the idea of buying one more than the reality. Either way that's a poo poo-ton of plastic.

Has anybody in the world ever bought two of these, I wonder? Apart from resellers, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Can you order from the gundam base online shop in the states? Or is there a way I can finally grab one of these monsters?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
gently caress I do not have enough space in my case for that

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kuvo posted:

gently caress I do not have enough space in my case for that

That's okay, you can just hang it from the ceiling, model plane style.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

RillAkBea posted:

Ah sick sword of plamocles

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

RillAkBea posted:

Oh hey, I need some clear plastic hooks and some fishing line, I've got 1/144 airplanes in my display cases.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

this is my holy grail, ultimately temptation gunpla that i will never need but have wanted ever since i saw it in a shop when i was kid. putting this back out is cruel to me specifically on bandais part

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah sick sword of plamocles

lmao nice

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoeGlassJAw posted:

this is my holy grail, ultimately temptation gunpla that i will never need but have wanted ever since i saw it in a shop when i was kid. putting this back out is cruel to me specifically on bandais part

lmao nice

Mine's the HMM Gojilas. The Ogre version, specifically.

I don''t need it, I don't have room for it, nor the money for it, but god I want it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mine's the HMM Gojilas. The Ogre version, specifically.

I don''t need it, I don't have room for it, nor the money for it, but god I want it.

It's worth getting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's very annoying timing for me, because last week I spent the same amount of money on this kit, so I have to curtail my model kit spending for the immediate future.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rip to the Boxnought. The new dreads look cool but I miss the stumpy legs.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
He served with honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0iW5baeCY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arc Hammer posted:

Rip to the Boxnought. The new dreads look cool but I miss the stumpy legs.

They are guaranteed to do a Castaferrum Dreadnought kit for Horus Heresy. It's just a matter of time.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
This poll was basically a formality, right? The only real competitor would have been Neo Zeong, but that’s gotten a couple releases in the past few months.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's so cool but I would have zero space to ever assemble it. it's bigger than the MG Deep Striker.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I wish there was a HG Deep Striker.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like it won't be June that I get my Trails plamo, but february :negative:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/kunothisu/status/1668747920328523776?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"I have a problem getting to my backlog"

"Yeah I know what you mean, I've got so many kits to build myself"

"No, that's not my problem. I mean I actually can't get to my backlog. My Neo Zeong won't let me..."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't think I've ever appreciated the size of those two kits until now...

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ooh that's the PB Neo Zeong II as well isn't it? Now there's a guy who hates his wallet.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

holy poo poo

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Looks like it won't be June that I get my Trails plamo, but february :negative:

I got that email too. God damnit, I thought pre-ordering was saving me this hassle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

claw game handjob posted:

I got that email too. God damnit, I thought pre-ordering was saving me this hassle.

Valimar got a second print run?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Nah, I got a message from Gundam Planet going "Hey so your order is probably locked down in an anonymous warehouse somewhere instead of with us, so you can either keep waiting (your order is now 9 months past original estimate and may make it to you next year), refund without issue, or cancel the order and reorder and if we get one in future, second shipments you're in line for those."

I'm waiting, I've got backlog in the meantime anyway. Just irritating that the thing I presumed would dodge this... Didn't.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

finally getting back to my HMM Great Saber and it looks like one of the fangs fell off at somepoint... godddddddddamn

I put in an order for some pla-plate, my first time using it but I hope I can fashion something acceptable.

my mom is also a dentist, maybe I can pester her for some artificial enamel, give this cat pearly whites. hmm

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Generally I'm against landlordism, but charge this mfer rent

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Ramie posted:

finally getting back to my HMM Great Saber and it looks like one of the fangs fell off at somepoint... godddddddddamn

I put in an order for some pla-plate, my first time using it but I hope I can fashion something acceptable.

my mom is also a dentist, maybe I can pester her for some artificial enamel, give this cat pearly whites. hmm

wait holy gently caress i never cut one of the fangs out of the runner LMAO

now I get to do pla-plate experiments i guess

lately my hobby-building time has been eaten up by this kit for a greenhouse. the little miniatures are cute

the company is Robotime and I recommend it if you like overcomplicated projects; there's like 20 pages in the manual, each one with instructions to build around 3 objects. each page takes me an hour.

Ramie fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 14, 2023

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Really love that little book :allears:

Stuff like that is not my thing for building and so on but boy do I enjoy looking at it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Valimar got a second print run?

I preordered Ordine and Valimar

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DeputyRustArt/status/1669097828369551365

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ramie posted:

lately my hobby-building time has been eaten up by this kit for a greenhouse. the little miniatures are cute

the company is Robotime and I recommend it if you like overcomplicated projects; there's like 20 pages in the manual, each one with instructions to build around 3 objects. each page takes me an hour.

I think this is cool, are each of the pages in the book separate or a detailed solid piece? I'd really like to see the completed greenhouse when you're done

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dude that's awesome, I didn't know they moved to a new location. Their old place was kinda... suspect.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Carteret posted:

Dude that's awesome, I didn't know they moved to a new location. Their old place was kinda... suspect.

Went to the old location last year and that place was so cramped

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

They are guaranteed to do a Castaferrum Dreadnought kit for Horus Heresy. It's just a matter of time.

If they don't I will loving riot.

e: woah this isn't the heresy thread where am I

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ramie posted:

I do a lot of scale models and wargame miniatures and watch a bunch of YouTube channels for tips and inspiration, and gently caress if my favorite miniatures youtube channels aren't two channels run by faceless, silent Japanese (presumably - they could just live in Japan) people, just peacefully making dollhouses and furniture for the dollhouses, sometimes from kits, sometimes building from scratch.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

lmao i literally just ordered from here for the first time. i should've asked if they could throw in a hot n ready

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Cthulu Carl posted:

I do a lot of scale models and wargame miniatures and watch a bunch of YouTube channels for tips and inspiration, and gently caress if my favorite miniatures youtube channels aren't two channels run by faceless, silent Japanese (presumably - they could just live in Japan) people, just peacefully making dollhouses and furniture for the dollhouses, sometimes from kits, sometimes building from scratch.

You can't just say that and not post the channels

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

GetDunked posted:

You can't just say that and not post the channels

That's what happens when I post while still waking up.

Let me rectify the error though:

https://youtu.be/O0bLclS0tbE

And

https://youtu.be/NG8xkFKsJxI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Going over the Kenbu kit now that I have all the bits I want to use on it, and doing a bit of painting with markers, and I gotta say I am really not a fan of the Kyoukai Senki AMAIM's as a kit line.

As it's own thing it's whatever, but for doing anything outside of a straight build they're just so aggressively idiosyncratic to work with as nothing is really interchangeable between even the AMAIM's. The shoulder and hip joints are completely different to HG and 30MM kits too, so there's zero inter-compatibility between the lines, and only the replacement accessory limbs and the side-story fourth AMAIM have 3mm accessory tabs in them that feel like a poor attempt to reverse course.

The accessory limbs also read like an attempt to fix one of my personal bugbears with the AMAIM designs, that being those stupid segmented limbs that look like they have no real strength and should shear off at the wrist, elbow, or knee joints because they're just motors with no suspension. The weapon packs are admittedly neat as general weapon sets, but I honestly can't see buying one just for your favourite hero character mech when they either already have it, or you bought one specifically for their own gimmick. And the upcoming armor-panel pack's only really good for either the side-story AMAIM, or the accessory limbs. Yes I ordered it, figured I may as well slap that on too when it releases.

The enemy faction mobile suits are also pretty loving :nallears: for the most part (and so many Brady Hound variants that're all equally boring), with the sole exception being the Bunyip Boomerang which I legitimately really love and recommend picking up if you see one.