Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Dementropy posted:

Little Big Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You ever read a post in this thread and get mad hit didn't think of it first

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Shut up about pooping.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Shutting up about pooping? In MY Something Awful?!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Never

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

:justpoop:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Waffleman_ posted:

The studio that did Gollum already has another LotR game in development, which leaks suggest is a Tom Bombadil game

And let's make sure we specifically use the word exploit

Gripweed posted:

Considering their take on Gollum, I'm guessing their Tom Bombadil game will have insanely gruesome take down execution animations.

Hwurmp posted:

By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow *loads assault rifle*

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

They tried to properly model the scrote wrinkles and give it the soft body physics needed for the swinging and jiggle, but the performance loss was too great. This was the compromise they settled on.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I choose to believe this is still about the Tom Bombadil game

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Phy posted:

I choose to believe this is still about the Tom Bombadil game

God, if only we could be so lucky.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

In the lockpicking thread in DIY/Hobbies:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Locking this thread to test y'all's skills

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:goodpost: Hey guys I just ran something over while speeding with bad headlights and I didn't check what it was until I got home and there was meat all over my car and gently caress YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT I loving HATE ALL OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID FORUM I NEVER COME IN HERE EXCEPT TO POST STUPID poo poo LIKE THIS SO gently caress ALL OF YOU WHINERS YOU loving SUCK BECAUSE HOW DARE YOU POINT OUT THAT I'M A loving MORON THREAD CLOSED MAN, JUST THREAD CLOSED I'M LEAVING SO gently caress YOU :goodpost:

Deathmeister posted:

Yes. Up until the point where I shone a flashlight on the car through the pitch blackness, I was convinced whatever I hit was a flattened hazard barrel, those ones with the blinking lights on top. I hit one years ago and it sounded exactly the same, with nearly the same effects.

If it makes you guys feel any better, my headlights had just about nothing to do with this incident. Given the amount of time I had to react from when I first came over the hill, it wouldn't have mattered if my headlights were completely off, I still wouldn't have made it around the obstacle; it was simply too big.

gently caress it. I'm going to close the thread because just like the last four threads I've posted in AI, I will spend three pages defending myself from swarms of attacking mouth breathers with this stupid 'holier-than-thou' attitude to driving. You all act like you've never perpetrated a minor traffic violation in your entire life.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
*bloodstained hood with chunks of mean in the grill* it's a minor violation stop getting worked up

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Now I'm reminded of the images of someone who had hit a deer that basically exploded.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a safety video they play at ups for drivers that includes footage from a brownie(ups truck) dashcam where they hit a deer at speed right as it leapt into the road and it just instantly flew apart into about 6 large chunks. It's gnarly

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a safety video they play at ups for drivers that includes footage from a brownie(ups truck) dashcam where they hit a deer at speed right as it leapt into the road and it just instantly flew apart into about 6 large chunks. It's gnarly

do they have coolers in that truck

could you just take a leg or something with you for after your shift

venison is tasty as gently caress

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
buddy they don't even have AC in the trucks, literally something that just recently got approved during the upcoming contract negotiations, let alone coolers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actually considering the temperatures the trucks reach in the summer you might be able to just cook it on your dashboard as you drive

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Actually considering the temperatures the trucks reach in the summer you might be able to just cook it on your dashboard as you drive

mmm snack time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
if they lived we're gonna have to change that username

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kangaroos occupy that niche in Australia and rural vehicles often have those giant Mad Max bumpers called 'roo bars' for that reason. You even see them on otherwise unassuming Subarus. (Subaru is or was popular in rural Australia, something about the styling works when you're on dirt roads some days and going into town others)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kangaroos occupy that niche in Australia and rural vehicles often have those giant Mad Max bumpers called 'roo bars' for that reason. You even see them on otherwise unassuming Subarus. (Subaru is or was popular in rural Australia, something about the styling works when you're on dirt roads some days and going into town others)

its less about styling and more about Subaru's entire brand identity being all of their cars are AWD

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kangaroos live in anticipation of hurling themselves bodily into the nearest vehicle moving at high speed. They are dumb fuckers and being mostly dense muscle can utterly gently caress up the vehicle they choose to merge with the front of.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kangaroos live in anticipation of hurling themselves bodily into the nearest vehicle moving at high speed. They are dumb fuckers and being mostly dense muscle can utterly gently caress up the vehicle they choose to merge with the front of.

or the driver, if they go through the windscreen!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

or the driver, if they go through the windscreen!

Since their primary means of locomotion is jumping they can be higher up than you expect.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
See also, moose, who are an immense slab of meat supported by tall spindly legs, placing their body right at windshield height for most collisions.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dareon posted:

See also, moose, who are an immense slab of meat supported by tall spindly legs, placing their body right at windshield height for most collisions.

My mom covered an insurance claim for a gentleman who hit a moose at about 40mph between Eagle River and Chugiak. The bastard's legs went out from under it, it proceeded to smash the hood, smash the windshield, roll upward, smash the roof, the rear windshield, and the trunk lid. Fucker got up and wandered into the woods like it wasn't no thang, and the only reason the driver was able to get the police to believe him was the tracks leading away and tufts of hair in the gaps of the body panels.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

My mom hit the Money Deer.

She was coming home from work after a 4pm-midnite. A deer decides to commit suiced by automobile and leaps in front of her. It makes it far enough across the road that she hits it just behind the shoulder, square on the front bumper. Its head whips around and smashes in the side of the bumper. The deer goes out like flipping off a light switch, as humane as you can get.

Her insurance looks at it, totals the car, and writes her a check for Blue Book value. That's enough to pay off the note on the car, fix the front bumper, and have a few hundred left over. Mom goes from wondering if she can keep up payments, to owning the car free and clear in one instant on the way home one night. We still respect that deer's sacrifice.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mllaneza posted:

She was coming home from work after a 4pm-midnite. A deer decides to commit suiced by automobile and leaps in front of her. It makes it far enough across the road that she hits it just behind the shoulder, square on the front bumper. Its head whips around and smashes in the side of the bumper. The deer goes out like flipping off a light switch, as humane as you can get.

Her insurance looks at it, totals the car, and writes her a check for Blue Book value. That's enough to pay off the note on the car, fix the front bumper, and have a few hundred left over. Mom goes from wondering if she can keep up payments, to owning the car free and clear in one instant on the way home one night. We still respect that deer's sacrifice.

Cameradeerie :hai:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Biplane posted:

Camaradeerie :hai:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Glad to hear she ran into some doe.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mllaneza posted:

God works in mys-deer-ious ways.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Alaois posted:

its less about styling and more about Subaru's entire brand identity being all of their cars are AWD

That makes sense. I don't know much about cars, just theirs always had a bit of a semi 4WD look.

An old school friend of mine hit a roo and got knocked out, he woke up in time to realise his car caught fire. I'm not sure what happened to the roo, it's entirely possible it hopped away.

Apparently kangaroos try to zigzag when they see an approaching threat, which probably works better against dingos than cars.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Captain Monkey posted:

Indeed, if it wasn't a doe she would've only gotten a buck.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm glad the situation worked out for the best, cervine

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Captain Monkey posted:

No, sounds like it was a whole pile of bucks.

E: gently caress

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Whatever it was, it's nice of the poster to fawn all over her good fortune.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

No use hoofing around it, I'd deerly like to muzzle up or rein in this particular pun track or at least herd it away from someone getting pronged over it

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's deerly good she bucked into some hoofy after her antlercent and the venison agency chose to cervus her CERVINE ADENOVIRUS (ODOCOILEUS ADENOVIRUS 1).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What have I done