Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
There’s less reason to run those decks if you don’t need to repeatedly wipe boards, though. Both were kind of in a lull before the miniset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

The Lord Bude posted:

Pure paladin was being eaten alive by the meta before the mini set came out. You had almost no way of beating a blood DK or a Control priest and those were and are two of the most played decks.

Nobody was playing it at top legend, but it was still a really powerful deck. VS had it as tier 1 D4-Legend and legend outside top 1K. It's generally a bit boring to play, and it's easy to counter if it can't do the fair thing of pushing a ton of off board damage. The horn completely changed its play pattern, and I think there's probably a way to nerf the cards without killing the deck. Like, if Purator eats a stats nerf (4/5?) does that make it appreciably worse? If Feast goes to manathirst 8, does that force it out of the meta?

Whatever happens, I'm going to play a bunch of enrage warrior.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

fanny packrat posted:

Nobody was playing it at top legend, but it was still a really powerful deck. VS had it as tier 1 D4-Legend and legend outside top 1K. It's generally a bit boring to play, and it's easy to counter if it can't do the fair thing of pushing a ton of off board damage. The horn completely changed its play pattern, and I think there's probably a way to nerf the cards without killing the deck. Like, if Purator eats a stats nerf (4/5?) does that make it appreciably worse? If Feast goes to manathirst 8, does that force it out of the meta?

Whatever happens, I'm going to play a bunch of enrage warrior.

I tried pure paladin a bunch at high diamond. It was a good deck to quickly get to diamond but it was absolutely horrible once you got there; until the mini set changed the matchup spread.

A lot depends on what exactly they change. Pureator absolutely shouldn’t be a 5/6; it draws more than famished fool does and it doesn’t require a setup.

An increase to the manathirst level of feast is also fair imo. Maybe not 8. The early game weapon nerf is more concerning, I don’t see how it could still see play with a nerf.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My best guess for the disco maul is it becomes a 3 mana 3/2 or a 3 mana 2/3 weapon

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Making Maul 3 mana would be pretty bad for a number of reasons. Obviously that the card prefers being dropped as early as possible. It also would be really awkward for the current midrange build of Pure since the deck lacks a strong standalone 2 drop otherwise, while it's not starved for options for 3 drops. Having 4 copies of weapons that you want to hold charges for sometimes can also clog the hand, and if Maul is 3 mana it only exacerbates the problem.

But maybe that's all intended and the card would just be a harder sell. I'd prefer them to implement a hard cap on how big the buff can get instead, though, to limit Paladin's burst potential but still allowing the card to be a strong tempo play.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

^^ So then reword the card to "Whenever your hero attacks, set this weapon's Attack to 3, and if attacking a minion, its stats are set to 3/3." Would preserve the spirit of what it's intended to do while also killing its face burst potential. Only worry is if it would be considered too much text on a card, even though we aren't anywhere near any of the novel-length single card game texts in Magic/YGO.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was referring to Disco Maul's burst there :v: since you can just hold the last Maul charge versus say, a Blood DK until you can get a body to stick on the board while racking up the buff amount and then swing for lethal/2 turn lethal.

I think they're shying away from nerfing Horn because 1) it's new and 2) it's also a Shaman card so they'd become collateral by doing so.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
A light change would be to start the giving minion stats at +0/+0 instead of +1/+1. Making it 3 mana would likely kill the card, even if its a 3/2.

Top legend is hilarious now though, I was trying to reach rank 1 and its just a wall of Blood DKs and Control Priests running double viper. Infinite menagarie warrior beats the first but not the second.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

blizzardvizard posted:

I was referring to Disco Maul's burst there :v: since you can just hold the last Maul charge versus say, a Blood DK until you can get a body to stick on the board while racking up the buff amount and then swing for lethal/2 turn lethal.
I’m mostly curious as to this special version of Hearthstone you can download where bodies get to stick on the board versus Blood DK, a deck that runs like 10 different removal options and has a tiny Discover pool that even discounts.

Do I need to put in the Konami code, or something…

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’m not a fan of this hamfisted fun police style of nerfing blizzard often does, it would be better if they nerfed with buffs. Like right now most decks still don’t run vipers. If they buffed viper it would help address the issues with pure pally. Like have the viper gain the stats of the weapon or something. People run less weapon removal now than they did back when you could run a 2 mana ooze or something like Harrison.

I agree with a nerf to the stat line of pureator but the rest is out of order imo.

I think a 3 mana maul wouldn’t see play. If they make it so that the deathrattle is just ‘give a random friendly minion 1/1 or 2/2 then it still sees play but loses the crazy burst potential of holding it till you can make like a 12/12

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
If Viper gained the stats it would remove weapons from the game entirely. Tech cards like that should not be generically good, there should be a cost for running them. I also think they hit on a fine solution by making more tech cards tradeable.

What about making Maul a baseline 1/2? It would provide a lot less early board control and would give other aggro decks (Totem Shaman!) some room to breathe.

I have a lot of faith in Team 5 these days. I think they've been doing a really good job of nerfing carefully and thoughtfully. To me, it's a win that I've recrafted a bunch of nerfed cards because they were still worth playing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

My preferred solution to maul would be giving it a fixed buff with the deathrattle.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
That might work, but it would be a huge flavor change. It would definitely make it way weaker.

I'm wondering what they have planned for Stheno. Stats, mana, effect?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

That might work, but it would be a huge flavor change. It would definitely make it way weaker.

I'm wondering what they have planned for Stheno. Stats, mana, effect?

A 2 mana 2/2 weapon is just plain good, I think pure pally would run it if it had no effect at all. If it just gives a minion 2/2 when it dies or something it’s still a nice tempo swing and it means players actually use both charges to remove early minions.

As for S’theno, the obvious choice is make it so that her effect says ‘minions’ rather than enemies that way she can be used as a board clear but not as an OTK. I feel like she’d still probably make the cut in most DH decks.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I don't think a 2/2/2 weapon with no effect would see play in competitive decks. Right now, Warrior has a 2/2/2 weapon with a fixed-buff deathrattle that sees no play. DK has a 1/2/2 with an effect. Even Fiery War Axe is a 2/3/2 over in Wild, and I don't think any standard Warrior deck would want it.

Chaos option is to have maul buff any minion. That would be an interesting change.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That's not going to happen because it is part of a set (weapons that upgrade) which would ruin the flavor. Also, changing stats is always the preferred method to buff/nerf because it is way simpler than changing text which might involve more coding and QA. My guess is they are going to make it a 3-2/2, 3-3/2 or 2-1/2, depending on what they want to accomplish with the nerf.

S'theno is probably just going to 4 mana or 3-1/4 for the same simplicity reason.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is that the disco maul is the bad kind of RNG like knife juggler, where a game can be decided entirely on where the buff lands. Because of this I wouldn't be surprised if they go with one of the harsher nerfs.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 14, 2023

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Changing ‘give a friendly minion +x/+x’ to ‘a friendly minion becomes an x/x’ would be a fairly elegant nerf

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Navaash posted:

^^ So then reword the card to "Whenever your hero attacks, set this weapon's Attack to 3, and if attacking a minion, its stats are set to 3/3." Would preserve the spirit of what it's intended to do while also killing its face burst potential. Only worry is if it would be considered too much text on a card, even though we aren't anywhere near any of the novel-length single card game texts in Magic/YGO.

cards like feast and famine and for quel'thalas don't give the weapon bonus attack, they give the hero attack directly, so "set this weapon's attack to 3" wouldn't change anything. I know what you meant just being pedantic

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
DOUBLE Anachronos off Alex in Quest Reno Hunter lolool

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DHLzX7C2VJuWSYFindZXSr

### Unseal The Vault
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 1x (1) Alleycat
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 1x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 1x (1) Wolpertinger
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 1x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Hunting Mastiff
# 1x (2) Ram Commander
# 1x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 1x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Bloated Python
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Naga's Pride
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Twin-fin Fin Twin
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Cult Master
# 1x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Rats of Extraordinary Size
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAa/XAyiIBasG2QnbCcMWhRfquwK69gLHnQP8owPkpAOkpQOmpQOYqQOOrQORsQOftwPztwOVzQOizgO0zgO50gOI9APz+AOU/AOoigShjQTlpASlrQSWtwTguQTnuQScxwTp0AS44wTM5ASX7wS88ASnpAXipAUAAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

Changing ‘give a friendly minion +x/+x’ to ‘a friendly minion becomes an x/x’ would be a fairly elegant nerf

Changing it to 'create an x/x minion' would avoid the same turn swing at face. But I think DK already has one like that?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It seems unlikely that they’ll completely change the card’s functionality. The only cards they do that for are things they’ve decided are unsafe at any speed, like Celestial Alignment and Mindrender Illucia. Stuff that’s just too strong generally just gets number changes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Hope of Quel’thalas nerf is weird, maybe it’s a pre-emptive nerf for something in the next expansion?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The next expansion will introduce the Health Knight and it's hero is Dairy'n'Wholegrain.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I really don't think cope of quel'thalas needs nerf, even with pure paladin being eviscerated.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I don't think the hunter legendary weapon needs a nerf, but I'm fine with it as I have golden version of it, so I'll take the free legendary of my choice in dust.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Huh, I've really not played HS much with this set, unless they massively increased how much XP it takes to level without me seeing a ragey youtube video about it.

Usually I get up to 150 on the tavern pass or higher, sometimes 180-190, this time I've only just hit 100 this last week and I assume since the mini set came out a week or so back, a new set announcement will be in a few weeks.

It feels like I've played the usual amount though, weird.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 15, 2023

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The next set isn’t coming out until late July/early August, so you’ve still got a good 6-10 weeks on this Tavern Pass.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Been playing hearthstone for about an hour so far today and it’s been nothing but control priests. It’s like being at an all you can eat buffet for easy wins.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

bravesword posted:

The next set isn’t coming out until late July/early August, so you’ve still got a good 6-10 weeks on this Tavern Pass.

Once you hit level 100 and finish the reward track the levels seem to go up quite quickly as well?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GTO posted:

Once you hit level 100 and finish the reward track the levels seem to go up quite quickly as well?

levels 72-100 are the worst because they require a full 2500 reward track experience per level - but the rewards are heftier, up 150 gold per level
once you hit 100 it goes back down to 1325 xp per level, slowly climbing to a maximum of 1500 exp/level at 130 and sticking there until you max out at 400

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
in back to back I got achievements for 5000 regular wins and 1000 Top 4 wins… and that’s just too many.

maybe i’ll go for Legend and then hang it up

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Is there a way to filter your collection to show golden cards that are disenchantable only? I want to get some dust without seeing all the crap I can’t dust.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Search for "Golden", hit the crafting button, uncheck the "Include" box below Uncraftable

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Nybble posted:

Search for "Golden", hit the crafting button, uncheck the "Include" box below Uncraftable

Thank you.

I can’t get out of Plat 5, I’ve Plat-eaued. I’m about to fling my phone at a wall. Doesn’t matter what deck I play.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Well don't craft anything now. Wait for the meta to shake out after the nerfs.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/hearthstone/23968055/26-4-3-patch-notes

The Purator

Old: [5 Mana]
New: [6 Mana]

Disco Maul

Old: [2 Mana] 2 Attack, 2 Durability
New: [3 Mana] 3 Attack, 2 Durability

Feast and Famine

Old: [1 Mana]
New: [2 Mana]

Lady S’Theno

Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health
New: 1 Attack, 4 Health

Hope of Quel’Thalas

Old: 4 Attack, 2 Durability
New: 3 Attack, 2 Durability

Pozzik, Audio Engineer

Old: 5 Attack, 4 Health
New: 4 Attack, 4 Health

Crimson Clergy

Now banned in Wild.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

buffs

Rhythmdancer Risa

Old: [5 Mana]
New: [4 Mana]

Fiddlefire Imp

Old: 3 Attack, 2 Health
New: 3 Attack, 3 Health

Remixed Dispense-o-bot

Old: [4 Mana] 4 Attack, 4 Health
New: [3 Mana] 3 Attack, 3 Health

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Paladin ones seem sensible? RIP Stheno...

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Pretty safe changes all the way around. I’m still not sold that Hope was the Hunter card to hit, but the card is still reasonable so I’m not broken up about it.

I wonder if the Mage Mech is worth playing now. Pretty much all its modes provide really good value for three mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Really not sure why S'theno was nerfed. I get that it's had its time in the sun, but it wasn't even auto-include status anymore in Demon Hunter decks. Must be some incredibly broken interaction in testing for the next expansion.