Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am reading Inuyasha for the first time and it is hilarious how *every single fight* need to include three panels of Miroku starting to use his wind tunnel, noticing evil wasps, and the declaring he is useless.

Never had an author regretted giving a character a specific power more. It makes me think of an RPG where you get an insta death spell but everything is immune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Marriagetoxin: Only an Ex chapter, but I am having some serious doubts that Marin is anything even approaching ordinary. She might actually be a dangerous psychopath.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

It was pretty funny in the anime to hear characters gasp and cry out "Naraku's poisonous insects!" every time, too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mercury Hat posted:

It was pretty funny in the anime to hear characters gasp and cry out "Naraku's poisonous insects!" every time, too.

I think they did that in the manga too but the wasps didn't show up quite as often

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Larryb posted:

I think they did that in the manga too but the wasps didn't show up quite as often

Man how often so they show up in the anime?? It us genuinely like every other chapter in the manga.

Sadly he still does more than poor Sango.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Man how often so they show up in the anime?? It us genuinely like every other chapter in the manga.

Sadly he still does more than poor Sango.

Ah, forgot about that. It might be about the same in both then (though I forget if the wasps showed up during any filler arcs/movies)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

Marriagetoxin: Only an Ex chapter, but I am having some serious doubts that Marin is anything even approaching ordinary. She might actually be a dangerous psychopath.

I thought they were a CineD poster. :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kindergarten Wars :

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Man I really thought she was going to join the school. :smith:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sindai posted:

Man I really thought she was going to join the school. :smith:

I think it would be a pretty good gag if she still did somehow.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If so it's hilarious one of the week breaks happened to fall there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man. The sequel series revealing that Rin hooked up with Sesshomeru really ruins what I thought was a nice adoptive father thing

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, was/is the Yashahime manga they started after the fact any better than the anime? I’ve heard Viz was translating it and it does some different things with the story

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've been reading this older food manga, Oishinbo, and ran into a chapter that really didn't translate very well into English. Basically there's one about how Japan wasn't using China's preferred name when referring to the country. This leads to an awkward exchange about how Japan is called "Japan" in other countries.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It is pretty weird how we just make up another name for a country. We're starting to revert to the native names with cities (Istanbul not Constantinople etc) so maybe in ~50 years or so we'll be calling Japan Nippon and Germany Deutschland

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The Paris thing is a weird one, because the English pronunciation has stayed the same but the French pronunciation changed. French speakers didn't always drop the s.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Skeleton Double: Arakawa really needed a good psychologist during the aftermath of his father's murder. Kid basically listened to pumped up kicks for years

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

Skeleton Double: Arakawa really needed a good psychologist during the aftermath of his father's murder. Kid basically listened to pumped up kicks for years

Yeah for real holy poo poo

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

service wars makes me guffaw every chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Unsure if kingdom is shounen or seinen but can come explain the difference between what I assume is confusionism and legalism as I think(?) That's what's being debated currently in the series

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

Unsure if kingdom is shounen or seinen but can come explain the difference between what I assume is confusionism and legalism as I think(?) That's what's being debated currently in the series

The reduction ad absurdam:

Confucianism: you should be virtuous, which includes things like honoring your parents (but your father more than your mother because lol women amirite), and by extension the state, your metaphorical father. Tradition is all-important. It is extremely traditional that you put Confucianists in high offices bee tee dubs.

Legalism: you should obey the law in exchange for fabulous prizes, such as promotions or not having this assortment of sharp objects inserted into your tender flesh.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thomas Hobbes was just a Han Feizi fanboy born too late.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

surely this sports manga will focus on the sport aspect

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 18, 2023

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Akane-Banashi Forbidden Rakugo Technique. Incredible

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

UnderFreddy posted:

surely this sports manga will focus on the sport of MMA

I know, right?

Also, Nue's Exorcist is looking good but I can't swing for it untill it gets past the chopping block.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ConanThe3rd posted:

I know, right?

Also, Nue's Exorcist is looking good but I can't swing for it untill it gets past the chopping block.

Surprise its angling for the spot normally taken by things like ayakashi triangle. Only more mild in content.

Mash
Fuckin poetry

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mashle: I have no words, it's perfect.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, how’s the Mashie anime so far out of curiosity?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll be damned, i guess fabricant is continuing after all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mashle is absolutely killing this landing.

Witch Watch last week really laid it a bit too thick with "perfect day for a confession!" so not surprised by how this week's chapter went down.

Sakamoto Days what the gently caress happened to that guy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sakamoto Days what the gently caress happened to that guy

Looks like he got hosed alllll the way up, OP. One of the most brutal deaths in the series for how quick it was.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he got cheetu'd, you hate to see it

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mashle!
"You used to be the serious one!" All amazing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

he got cheetu'd, you hate to see it

:laugh: And he wasn't even given a warning.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first chapter of martial master asumi is pretty solid. nothing amazing by any means, but even that much stands out from most of the new manga in jump.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Surprise its angling for the spot normally taken by things like ayakashi triangle. Only more mild in content.

Especially when you compare it to the latest chapter of AT, holy poo poo

quote:

Mash
Fuckin poetry

:hmmyes:

Elusive Samurai: "C'mon man, just let me lay here and die"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Akane-Banashi Forbidden Rakugo Technique. Incredible

Why do I get the feeling that the reason why doing different voices is forbidden is because some rakugo master centuries ago was mad that someone could do voices better than he could and forbade it out of spite?

Kill Blue: I do appreciate that the immediate reaction to the terms of the battle from the supporting cast is laughter.

Also, again, I think Kill Blue is going to be fine after the MC going, okay, I don't have to do this but she reminds me of my daughter, so here's a chance to make up for being a lovely dad

Martial Master Asumi: okay, cute, the series can be shortened to MMA and it's about MMA.

Also a little disappointed that everyone's not wearing combat gloves all the time like in the colored art. Kinda thought we were in a Street Fighter-esqe world for a second

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad Mashle just decided to go full Superman

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Looks like he got hosed alllll the way up, OP. One of the most brutal deaths in the series for how quick it was.

Yeah it's up there, along with Gaku (operating that one dude) just tearing through the examiners. Like I think he grabbed one dude and swung him so hard that people got fuckin' blasted into pieces. Followed up by grabbing a chick by the leg and playing an intense game of skipping stones with her.

Gaku is metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Mashle is only good when it goes full cartoony, but then it's pretty good.

Sakamoto Hyo is tripping so many death flags here, let's see if he can beat them