Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Menschsein
Sep 15, 2007

Ne carne ne pesce

So I want to know if I'm imagining things or if I may have a new period feature.

The past two post-ovulations I've spiked a fever. Nothing remarkable, it probably doesn't even register as one, (max 37.3 C/99something F) but I tend to start having muscle aches and fatigue even with a very low temp rise. The fun thing is that during these past two times I've also previously been under physical stress and running around in treasonous weather so I can't be certain if I just didn't grab something the hacking and sneezing Genera Populace may have offered.

It's now the fourth day with this, had to cancel some engagements cause I can't in good conscience go and rub shoulders with people if I might instead have Something (I hope to have learned something from The Plague).

Has anyone encountered this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Menschsein posted:

So I want to know if I'm imagining things or if I may have a new period feature.

The past two post-ovulations I've spiked a fever. Nothing remarkable, it probably doesn't even register as one, (max 37.3 C/99something F) but I tend to start having muscle aches and fatigue even with a very low temp rise. The fun thing is that during these past two times I've also previously been under physical stress and running around in treasonous weather so I can't be certain if I just didn't grab something the hacking and sneezing Genera Populace may have offered.

It's now the fourth day with this, had to cancel some engagements cause I can't in good conscience go and rub shoulders with people if I might instead have Something (I hope to have learned something from The Plague).

I haven't had that exactly but I think that your temperature can rise during ovulation, that's one of the methods of tracking your fertility cycle.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Menschsein posted:

It's called "period flu"

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Pretty sure I’m dealing with PMDD plus post-parent dying grief at the same time and I’m having a hard time feeling happiness about anything. It kicks rear end.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

CherryCola posted:

Pretty sure I’m dealing with PMDD plus post-parent dying grief at the same time and I’m having a hard time feeling happiness about anything. It kicks rear end.

My condolences, I have been there (parent dying but) and it's a rough road

FWIW there is another side however

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Coming to the end of my first month of progesterone and wouldn’t you know it I’ve been bleeding for the last 2 weeks of it. Non-stop. Heavy. Period shits. Giant blood clots. I’m on vacation and I’m miserable.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I've got DOMS in my pecs from the gym AND hormonal tender tiddy. Life is deeply unfair

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Level of PMS: almost started crying because I found out this moose is not an alive moose

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/moose-out-the-way-taxidermied-giant-draws-stares-in-capitol-complex/ar-AA1cy9rf

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
me: Wow I've got lots of paranoia and ideations these past few days, weird maybe my meds need adjustments
uterus: you dingus, every month since you were nine and every two weeks the past three years, you know what this is

This is super annoying lmao

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Having my period without use of my dominant hand means no tampons, which means only pads, which means I have to feel uncomfortable & dirty and there's nothing I can do about it AND I'm in lots of pain, so that's all just great

Where the hell's my butter stash

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I have a highly irregular period, to the point of having emergency reset meds for it, but it's been Precisely One Month since my last one and I am losing my goddamned mind wanting to blow up my entire life and sever every relationship I have and change careers and I'm just praying I bleed soon

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Killingyouguy! posted:

I have a highly irregular period, to the point of having emergency reset meds for it, but it's been Precisely One Month since my last one and I am losing my goddamned mind wanting to blow up my entire life and sever every relationship I have and change careers and I'm just praying I bleed soon

I am the same and it’s sucks so bad.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Yesterday I ate ice cream for lunch, sorbet for dinner, and cake for breakfast this morning. Oh lawd she comin.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't think I have any PMS or regular-MS symptoms (aside from period cramps) but yesterday my right underwire snapped out of god drat nowhere, so I'm starting to wonder

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't think I have any PMS or regular-MS symptoms (aside from period cramps) but yesterday my right underwire snapped out of god drat nowhere, so I'm starting to wonder

There is nothing quite as startlingly unpleasant as getting stabbed in the breast by a broken underwire.
There are most definitely more painful things, but for sheer "unexpected and painful", it's got to be up there.

On regular cycle updates - my right ovary got really pissy again a couple of days ago, so we can expect the usual fuss in a couple of weeks.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Massive insomnia last night which means I am almost definitely going to start my period during my weekend trip with my boyfriend :(

Bodies are fun

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soon we may be curing with cooties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVkvPJLzqg

I wonder how the manosphere will deal with treatments that come from the ickiest part of a woman.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Pookah posted:

There is nothing quite as startlingly unpleasant as getting stabbed in the breast by a broken underwire.
There are most definitely more painful things, but for sheer "unexpected and painful", it's got to be up there.

On regular cycle updates - my right ovary got really pissy again a couple of days ago, so we can expect the usual fuss in a couple of weeks.

This is why I've gone entirely over to 'comfort bras'. I'm a big lady and busty and I haven't had a bit of back pain or felt a lack of support. They cost about ten bucks for three. They last through dozens of washes. And they will never, never snap and stab me in the goddamn boob.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pookah posted:

2 ways it can go

It's starting to wear at the fabric just a bit
And it's your favorite bra

You deal with the pinchprod in your armpit as long as you can stand it because bra shopping is the 5th circle of hell

Finally you nip it open with scissors and pull the underwires out with pliers but the bra is lame afterwards

Or far worse: it snaps in the middle midshift and you have to perform an emergency operation in the bathroom pulling the pieces out if you can

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i switched to bralettes and never looked back. I'm convinced underwire is a psyop and! my boobs aren't naturally two hemispheres tacked on my chest! I'm tired of moulding them into that shape!

e: things i'm hormonal about: i don't think my friends will ever know exactly how much i love them :'(

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 16, 2023

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
i got like c cup tiddies but like tear drops so nothing ever fit very well and honestly since 2020 i havent worn a bra at all and im not going back.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bras can be fine but largely just not. I found my One True Bra and I'll never loving lol back but I have weird but big tiddies (with scars, woo).

Current menstrual status: the constipation predestination station. Likely next week, right in the middle of very important and stressful licensing exams, my period will show up and I'll get hell diarrhea. I love having ulcerative colitis and a uterus simultaneously, it's very cool and good and not bad.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Im on the " a rat crawled up my rear end and died" stage of things today and have endeavored to spend most of the day out doors emitting all the horrors out there.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's the absolute worst part. I'm so sorry.

No one ever told me that I would be 39 years old and smell like rotting fertilizer emulsion in a sewer for 3 days a month but it happens, like clockwork, and it is the worst.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Approved for a bisalp, AND insurance is going to cover it all! :toot: Also looking forward to lighter periods (by comparison) once my IUD gets removed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

MACAW.AVI posted:

Approved for a bisalp, AND insurance is going to cover it all! :toot: Also looking forward to lighter periods (by comparison) once my IUD gets removed.

Hell yeah, congratulations!

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I don't know how well received memes are here, but I feel this on such a deep level after getting sterilized. Doesn't stop my ovaries from doing the hormone thing, ugh I want sushi. And chocolate. And a good cry.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

do people actually experience being hormonal as 'i want to have a baby'? I've never once had that, i guess my subconscious and conscious are in agreement on this one

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

do people actually experience being hormonal as 'i want to have a baby'? I've never once had that, i guess my subconscious and conscious are in agreement on this one

Neither have I. My brain doesn't want a baby, neither does the rest of me. Period. :smugbert:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i like to imagine some part of my brain has the survival of the species in mind and knows my genes should end with me for the good of everyone

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I have gone through bouts of baby fever, wanting to hang out with a baby and maybe hold it.

Back before birth control sometimes when I was ovulating I found myself way more interested in the random guys around my college but my body's desire to get gregnant was thwarted by my inherent gooniness

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I definitely dont want a baby but I can't ignore the fact that I get like a hojillion times hornier while im ovulating.

I interpret the extreme horn to my body wanting to get prego

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Killingyouguy! posted:

If I see someone with a cute baby and it’s the right time of the month, my brain 100% goes WE NEED THAT

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

coronatae posted:

I have gone through bouts of baby fever, wanting to hang out with a baby and maybe hold it.

Back before birth control sometimes when I was ovulating I found myself way more interested in the random guys around my college but my body's desire to get gregnant was thwarted by my inherent gooniness

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

dnd greg is kinda my type tho

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

same :negative:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

PMS makes me more horny so I think my brain got some wires crossed.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
In 4th year Chemical Engineering we had a course called Process Modelling and Simulation, normally referred to as PMS. I remember Maria once making a passing professor freeze by loudly announcing in the cafeteria that she was so stressed out because of PMS and the rest of the guys at the table agreeing that they were too.

Ed: Aww, Prof. Basmadjian died in 2007 :(. RIP sir and thanks for such a challenging course.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 16, 2023

Owlaholic
Sep 12, 2015

muffin night, motherfuckers
I was just diagnosed with PMDD. So far, life makes a little more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Forgot that my period tracker expects my period to start a few days later than it actually does (due to my forgetting to track a cycle a few months back). At least I decided to pop in a disc as a precautionary measure this morning…

…I just wish it hadn’t come out of place too late for me to realize why my cramps felt different all of a sudden. :murder:

MACAW.AVI fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 17, 2023