Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1669142359894786049

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It rules that one guy found out if you retweeted the John wick movie you got a copy of it in your archive whether the tweet had been deleted or not

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

is $250M more than $8? what about $44B?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1661054282202853377?s=20

lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Knight posted:

They don't seem very effective at creating meaningful change in this age. We know the names of who the police murdered, but that has not changed policing in any substantial way. No cop thinks "Oh, I hope I'm not too rough, don't want another George Floyd"

This has always been the case. The U.S. has been murdering leftists for forever and it's never created a martyr whose message was amplified by their death. It's mostly been extremely effective at halting leftist movements.

The "Don't kill them, you'll make them a martyr" thing was invented by Hollywood to avoid killing off their good villain characters when they logically should.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

> Twitter Hit With $250M Lawsuit From Music Publishers Over “Massive Copyright Infringement”

elon: you won't care :elon:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Just like noted character hated by the writers and killed off so they could sell a new testament, Jesus.

(People love martyrs)

They had to say he came back to life to make anyone care. He got to enter heaven as a living breathing person and resides there to this day.

People love martyrs as excuses for whatever they wanted to do anyway because people love excuses. One more thing to scream during their usual psychotic behavior.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/David_Boaz/status/1669085429063196672?t=vRoV4X4gTXQDMLcaHHJ6QQ&s=19

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
My twitter feed right now (on "following") has a promoted ad for every like 3 or 4 real tweets.

Also any tweet I click will have ads at every 3 or 4 replies too

I never seen so many ads on twitter before. I used to block them all but its getting impossible

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
still love the website though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

> Twitter Hit With $250M Lawsuit From Music Publishers Over “Massive Copyright Infringement”

Elon Musk Ftw.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

In truth I don't care. Both sides of the lawsuit are awful and I don't value either sides' financial successes or legal interpretations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Elias_Maluco posted:

My twitter feed right now (on "following") has a promoted ad for every like 3 or 4 real tweets.

Also any tweet I click will have ads at every 3 or 4 replies too

I never seen so many ads on twitter before. I used to block them all but its getting impossible

ublock origin?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mad?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
OK, Elon hosed with Twitter again because I went from seeing almost zero ads to almost every third tweet being an ad.

And here is the thing, they are all ads for stupid poo poo, gizmos and dodads, like an extendable titanium spork and all sold by companies with names like Beepbo Store or Sporp Store, it's almost always some non-sense word and then Store.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Zeroisanumber posted:

How many ways can you tell the one joke?

This is a slightly different joke. The cigarettes aren't changing their identity, they're adding puberty blockers which conservatives believe are too dangerous for children but the woke mind virus is convincing doctors to give to them. Big tobacco is trying to get in on the craze.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

honestly why are any of you reading Twitter

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

euphronius posted:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

and all sold by companies with names like Beepbo Store or Sporp Store, it's almost always some non-sense word and then Store.

it’s because they are all fly-by-night drop-shippers op.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

i love garbage

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

euphronius posted:

honestly why are any of you reading

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i love garbage

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

because it's still possible to use the platform to cause financial harm to Elon and his investors

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

that's okay, I'll still keep reading that garbage

Morbus
May 18, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

is $250M more than $8? what about $44B?

The price is whatever someone willing to pay for it. Where "someone" is elon musk and "whatever" is 44 billion dollars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he actually wasn’t willing to pay 44 b

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I’m not a lawyer but couldn’t auto manufactures probably sue and get this overturned if they wanted to?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I get the literal same ad for summer shirts over and over

I think because I followed the menswear guy lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think that is the law in most states

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Glumwheels posted:

I’m not a lawyer but couldn’t auto manufactures probably sue and get this overturned if they wanted to?

why would they want to? dealerships are good for them

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

this is actually a job protection policy.

thank you for being pro worker DeSantis.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

florida is going to need all those sealed cars than can briefly act as boats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Are they? I thought most manufacturers would prefer direct to consumer sales & maintenance .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

car dealers are politically powerful

that is the reason

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I use Tweetdeck and I only see the 24 accounts that I have saved, no ads or recommendations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

In Training posted:

Are they? I thought most manufacturers would prefer direct to consumer sales & maintenance .

yeah but the dealerships push loans through the automaker's loan program which I'm sure is a big money maker. I'd think if it wasn't beneficial for they'd have sued or paid to get the laws undone

i don't really know though but i can't imagine the automakers are getting a raw deal on their dealerships

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

euphronius posted:

I never read my Twitter timeline, I only post. I want others to see my thoughts, but I certainly dont want to read theirs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

In Training posted:

Would they? The dealership system allows them to push the overhead of real estate and employees off onto franchisees.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah but the dealerships push loans through the automaker's loan program which I'm sure is a big money maker. I'd think if it wasn't beneficial for they'd have sued or paid to get the laws undone

i don't really know though but i can't imagine the automakers are getting a raw deal on their dealerships

other than those edge cases where like, a new Corvette is released and dealerships are marking them up 150% and utter loving psychos are buying them, the auto manufacturers are 100% coming out ahead by not having to deal with selling the cars directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think a lot of auto manufacturers were getting pissed at dealerships doing stupid mark ups due to low inventory, trashes their brand. So they were planning to go with direct to consumer sales for EVs similar to teslas. This was pissing off the dealerships because it will cut their profits.

The best thing we can do in America is kill dealerships, they’re all owned by chuds who donate heavily to republicans.