Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

DO get it twisted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Mitch when a fan talks to him instead of their wife

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There was a clip shown during Summer Game Fest and the show looks really bad; sorry Mitch, it's not your fault.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Mitch just does those sci-fi shows to pay for his Shakespeare in the park productions. A working actor works!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I didn't realize it until the trailer dropped but this is being done under a netflix budget so the game about cars blowing each other up is going to turn into a show about people standing around indoors talking to each other

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I mean it's a Peacock show, and I've been impressed with the quality of some of their output lately (Poker Face, Mrs. Davis). But this one is probably not getting that treatment. Still gonna watch it though because I gotta support my boy.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

went to their live show last night, it was gud!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

JethroMcB posted:

There was a clip shown during Summer Game Fest and the show looks really bad; sorry Mitch, it's not your fault.

Was it this one? Because... yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mn4RBWv03A&t=25s

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hope they get Samoa Joe to come on the pod.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

little munchkin posted:

the game about cars blowing each other up is going to turn into a show about people standing around indoors talking to each other

Lol

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Yep. Love how Samoa Joe is giving Sweet Tooth's performance deliberate pacing and movement that's clearly meant to flow with and emphasize certain parts of the dialogue, and Will Arnett isn't even attempting to match what's on screen.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
What’s that, you say? A TV show based on a mediocre at best video game isn’t gud?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Dr.Radical posted:

What’s that, you say? A TV show based on a mediocre at best video game isn’t gud?

arcane was good for the first three episodes!!!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m mostly just confused as to why this busted series whose last game was over ten years ago was chosen as something that needed to be made into a TV show. Oh I know why, it’s because American media is creatively bankrupt. I do want Mitch to get paid, though. “Whoosh” is an all time great sketch

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Hobo Clown posted:

DO get it twisted!

What does DO stand for? Is that an acronym?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Hey if he can get another set of stairs I’m fine with it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
RIP Treat Williams, in future Much Madness tournaments everything will score a 0 in his category.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I am, like many of you the age where I was old enough to play Twisted Metal when it launched. It helped spawn the car combat genre that got hot for a few years. I loved Twisted Metal 1 and 2. Twisted Metal: Black was also good. That being said, its very funny that there are insane superfans who are furious about this show. Whether the show is good or not is something we'll have to wait and see. But taking the show into a more comical light direction makes sense because theres no way the canonical back stories of these characters would be worth doing a show and also its a car combat game. There's just a really funny disconnect on how a show gets made from the super fans of the series.

That said, I'm not optimistic.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I remember at the time thinking the games were self-consciously pretty funny but looking back maybe they were sincere and thought they were making edgy poo poo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

indigi posted:

I remember at the time thinking the games were self-consciously pretty funny but looking back maybe they were sincere and thought they were making edgy poo poo

It kind of has he same arc as Mortal Kombat where the first one is done fairly straight but they become more self aware as time goes on. Both franchises have later entries where there is over-the-top violence and darkness but also the characters occasionally get morphed into babies as a joke.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Isn’t Nic Cage in the latest MK? As himself?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Isn’t Nic Cage in the latest MK? As himself?

Cage is being added to Dead by Daylight as DLC. JCVD is doing a voice for MK, not as himself though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The Critic keeps coming up on the show, they need to do the pilot in the Doughboys Pilot Program already. It holds up, imo.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Cage is being added to Dead by Daylight as DLC. JCVD is doing a voice for MK, not as himself though.

I think I must have misheard something on Get Played, because they mentioned JCVD and then went immediately to Nic Cage, and I guess I thought they were still talking about MK

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I went to the show in DC. It was great. Mitch is an absolute HAM on stage. Really laying on all the visual gags that don't come through the podcast.

he also immediately yanked the mic apart when he came on stage, with a big OH gently caress

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I was at the NYC show last week and same. Y'all are in for a treat when it releases as a pod

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Is the Birthday Boys show funny? I've never seen it, but more surprisingly I haven't even come across someone on twitter or here linking to one of their sketches, even though I'm in and around people who consume a lot of Birthday Boys-adjacent podcasts and shows. the only time I even hear their sketches talked about is on Doughboys

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

indigi posted:

Is the Birthday Boys show funny? I've never seen it, but more surprisingly I haven't even come across someone on twitter or here linking to one of their sketches, even though I'm in and around people who consume a lot of Birthday Boys-adjacent podcasts and shows. the only time I even hear their sketches talked about is on Doughboys

I bought both seasons on Apple TV/iTunes so I can have it available whenever I want now that it's no longer on any streaming services. I was recently rewatching some of it and yeah if you like sketch comedy it's totally worth checking out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

alright I'll put it on the list. I’m just surprised nobody talks about it much. like I've never sat down to watch WKUK but I've seen about ~10 of their sketches just through cultural osmosis

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Mitch’s starring role in the big prestige television show on the “too many shows” ep lives in my head forever.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The second season is one of the most consistently funny sketch shows I've seen. I think it never got enough momentum at launch to even become a cult classic though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

indigi posted:

It’s gud

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The ones where Bob Odenkirk tags in for a few sketches really remind you that he is like the best to ever do it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The Wayne the Skeleton King sketch has permanently added "the candy treat! that can't be beat!" into my stream of consciousness.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Baggot posted:

I bought both seasons on Apple TV/iTunes so I can have it available whenever I want now that it's no longer on any streaming services.

It's on the very well-known AMC+.

Dutton has a bunch of individual segments on his Vimeo channel (Dutton's so cool)

https://vimeo.com/136562010

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Birthday Boys is definitely worth a watch. It's all available on Pluto TV for free as well.

And for those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Mitch's talk show pilot as well. I'll forever be sad that it wasn't picked up. (Though I guess if it had been, we'd have much less Doughboys.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSgLuhiAjk

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

MokBa posted:

Birthday Boys is definitely worth a watch. It's all available on Pluto TV for free as well.

And for those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Mitch's talk show pilot as well. I'll forever be sad that it wasn't picked up. (Though I guess if it had been, we'd have much less Doughboys.)

Didn't Mitch say that this show got passed over for Russel Brand's talkshow?

Biggest fumble in television history if that's the case.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch telling jennifer lawrence, extremely earnestly, "why would you ever want to change into something else?" and then immediately getting very embarrassed. he would have been incredible at this

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

MokBa posted:

Oh wow I hadn’t seen this.

Mitch Live was pretty bananas and I think a follow up to this. Really fun concept of just pulling Mitch out of his apartment to host a talk show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so either he lost the ability to cold read copy or THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF THE SHOW WAS A LIE.