Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would not at all complain, actually would be over thrilled, if the next Zelda is a much less ambitious and smaller game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I would not at all complain, actually would be over thrilled, if the next Zelda is a much less ambitious and smaller game.
Funny, that's how you were described by your girlfriend after she left her previous lover.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't know I kind of like when my games are more gooder, not less gooder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I don't know I kind of like what my games are more gooder, not less gooder.

Why do you believe that massive game world automatically means better?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Why do you believe that massive game world automatically means better?

I don't.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't know what you meant by what you said then. I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t pity whoever has to come up with a successor to TotK. Luckily they still have DLC to work in which will buy some time

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I finally got Rogue Legacy 2 and monster train and was so engrossed I forgot to eat for the whole day. The "just one more run" and all the ways to level things up in Rogue Legacy is amazing.

Totk was good too ofc. It let me put koroks in catapults and fling them at each other.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reuse the TotK map again except it's filled with Mario characters and enemies, it's just Mario Odyssey two but that's the map

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Reuse the TotK map again except it's filled with Mario characters and enemies, it's just Mario Odyssey two but that's the map

This but its actually a Kirby game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Lethemonster posted:

I finally got Rogue Legacy 2 and monster train and was so engrossed I forgot to eat for the whole day. The "just one more run" and all the ways to level things up in Rogue Legacy is amazing.

Totk was good too ofc. It let me put koroks in catapults and fling them at each other.

There have been too many amazing games, rogue legacy 2 was insanely good. I gotta go back and do the NG+ stuff some day

It's mind boggling how much more polished and complete it feels compared to the first one. It has a ton more personality too compared to the first's sorta standard fantasy fare

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

hatty posted:

I don’t pity whoever has to come up with a successor to TotK. Luckily they still have DLC to work in which will buy some time

I actually think their approach to TotK lends itself really well to a hypothetical sequel. If they go with the BotW model all they really need is a new map to immediately make it fresh, and if they go back to a more "classic" formula then there'll be people excited just to go back to it after a decade. even a smaller game would probably be exciting to people given how loving huge BotW and TotK are

there's really no wrong choices, and hell, I'll buy them all

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gimme another try at Zelda + trains

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
For real throw us into a brand new landscape with new mountains valleys biome art assets etc you wouldn't even need to add any new items since the engine is so robust already. Either a brand new land or a reimagined termina, the lands from the gb games whatever

I'm sure making a massive new map would be a ton of work but from a concept point of view it's that easy and id pay another 70 bux. It also wouldn't have to be multilayered with depths and sky islands as long as you toss in a decent cave system

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turns out it was Florida all along and Gannon was Walt...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
They could also toss us into Hyrule from the past, easy way to justify massive geographical changes. But idk that might involve reconning stuff or adding more spice to the backstory as ToTK does a decent job of giving us a peek into ancient Hyrule and meh

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

I almost wonder if DLC is gonna happen at all.

On one hand, it feels like a no-brainer.

On the other, given the rumors the game was done awhile ago and got polished a ton, I almost would be surprised if anything they wanted to do as DLC is basically already in the game?

I suppose there's always hero mode though.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
They should just do Majora’s mask 2 where it’s hyrule but deeply hosed up

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
gently caress it just make it so link was asleep all along at the end of the next game (something something wind fish)

That way they can plop us wherever and reuse assets or characters with no regards to lore and also build some weird crazy poo poo. Works for me

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Oxyclean posted:

I almost wonder if DLC is gonna happen at all.

On one hand, it feels like a no-brainer.

On the other, given the rumors the game was done awhile ago and got polished a ton, I almost would be surprised if anything they wanted to do as DLC is basically already in the game?

I suppose there's always hero mode though.

yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if things like autobuild or the stable quest chain were "originally" planned as DLC and they just decided to include them. they both feel philosophically similar to the kinds of things BotW did with DLC

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

To be honest one of my favorite Zeldas was link's awakening, short but sweet. More of that would be nice. Or the Zelda Maker they demod in the remake.

But to be honest with all they invested in Breath of the wild etc it isn't out if the question that they might continue the story or do spinoffs, like they did with Final Fantasy 13 (for some reason)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's time to go back to Termina.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah they should have two teams working on different Zelda games or maybe even outsource some to Capcom. I think there's plenty of room for classic linear Zelda releases with a few twists to keep it fun, and the open world survival Zelda format they introduced in botw.

I don't know why Nintendo doesn't hire me as a consultant honestly. I could make them so much money you guys

In the meantime I guess there's plenty of indie games that are aping classic Zelda but I get the sense that none of them are anywhere near as good as the real deal

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

It's time to go back to Termina.

Yeah I can't wait to awaken four divine beasts who will help me out with the evil at the middle of the map

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wouldn't be surprised if the next Zelda game in this style was done exploring the lands beyond Hyrule. I think Nintendo has dropped enough hints about things lying beyond its borders to be able to flesh it out further. Plus, I think you can get some decent comedy out of people reacting to Link telling them he's from Hyrule.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want another master sword trial and another DLC temple would be cool since the BotW one was really good. I thought the ESRB rating said something about downloadable addons but I can’t find anything about that now

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mister Facetious posted:

The best co-op game is your child sitting beside you, telling you what to do in Tears of the Kingdom

I was playing BOTW with my kids on the couch by the big TV, and I was trying to fight during a lightning storm, I got struck and dropped the Hylian shield, and it feel down a crevice, my kids completely lost their goddamn minds. It's peak gaming.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Part of me kind of wishes that I was a kid when these games came out. Considering how much fun I had with older games something like this would be absolutely mind blowing and it really gets the creative juices going. Not surprised to hear that one posters kids and his friends talk about and roleplay botw/ToTK constantly

I'd probably be less stupid tbh. Point is I can't even imagine how much joy kids are getting from modern Zelda if my tired bitter rear end is having a great time

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Next zelda Link should get a shotgun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They wouldn't enjoy it on as many levels as I do. The colors, children!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Next zelda Link should get a shotgun

Uh, have you not fused a Cannon to a spear and attempted to throw the spear?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

History Comes Inside! posted:

TIL I could stick a rocket on my shield and just fly up whatever

I stuck a mining cart to the hylian shield for about 50 hours or so of gameplay and being able to just skate and grind on mining cart tracks at all times was real handy.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Also, The Depths sucks!

Condolences for your inability to enjoy fun and cool things.

thehoodie posted:

protip for caves: if you summon a satori at a cherry blossom it will highlight all cave entrances in the area for you

It's temporary, so you should mark the trees on your map so you can go back to reveal them as needed. :eng101:

Video Game Jerk
May 4, 2023

I bought an OLED Switch and was thinking of swapping out the stock joycons for grey ones for aesthetics. I realized I don't know if the new joycons are mechanically better, and only found conflicting information online. Any advice as to whether swapping the joycons out is an okay idea or not?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Video Game Jerk posted:

I bought an OLED Switch and was thinking of swapping out the stock joycons for grey ones for aesthetics. I realized I don't know if the new joycons are mechanically better, and only found conflicting information online. Any advice as to whether swapping the joycons out is an okay idea or not?

The joycons are the same internally anyway, so yea. You could even just get the shells and swap them over instead of the entire controller.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Link takes on Wart

Video Game Jerk
May 4, 2023

CainFortea posted:

The joycons are the same internally anyway, so yea. You could even just get the shells and swap them over instead of the entire controller.

Very good to know, thank you!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Next Zelda is a harem anime dating simulator

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Not that far fetched considering how Nintendo makes every NPC thirsty af for Link. The young gerudo girl blushing at link and following him around induced a p major eyeroll from my end

OoT was pretty harem-y for its time too

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Next Zelda will take place on an island and you get to decorate it and villagers come to live with you there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I hope that as the game progresses you can bury Link in an increasingly larger horrifying mortgage payment now that's how you do a survival game