Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

The free market must be stopped

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was not being ironic, it's a really bad idea and they made a big deal about it being a bad idea right from the start

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wow

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cant even get seele anymore. false advertisement

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tbh there's so many trash gacha advertisements that even honkai just kinda blends in.

Gacha is a mistake

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's not a mistake, it's working as intended

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's called muscle confusion and it's for your wallet muscle

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the only advantage of this decrepit and rapidly decaying brain, is that I find the notion of paying for the opportunity to maybe unlock a skin for a character in a free to play game to be absurd and very silly

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

For today only you can get 777 pulls and 2 guaranteed legendary by using the link below

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have played mmos, i have witnessed mmo-brain firsthand, where players will do the most tedious poo poo over and over for a chance at a crocodile mount

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

now imagine it's an axolotl and you have the current state of ffxiv

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's this about a crocodile mount? :nyoron:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Jokes on you, you get the crocodile mount for playing Animal Crossing within FFXIV. No randomness involved.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

What's this about a crocodile mount? :nyoron:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

for years ffxiv put the cool, thematic mounts up for grabs as rewards for hard content and left the cute, funny mounts for the cash shop

now there's a detailed raid-thematic mount in the cash shop and they put a big dopey axolotl in as the hard content prize and it's funny af

and people really want that fuckin axolotl lol

E:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah ok, the Axolotl rules

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

i already have a mikoshi, a tank, a frog robot, five different dragons, a hippo cart, the car from ffxv, and the giant jibanyan balloon (which was the most grinding i've done in the game)... i think i'm ok for now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The monthly reward mount for WoW is currently a giant pirate parrot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mmobrain

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinitum posted:

The monthly reward mount for WoW is currently a giant pirate parrot

that's a pretty cool parrot

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I don't care how good Honkai or Genshin is, gacha is bad and should be banned on general principle. This is from someone who plays FF14, and I vote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay did a bit of ffxiv and got out when he decided he'd had enough and I respect that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I saw i had to do 50 daily quests to unlock the goobbue mount??? That's when I knew it was time to cash out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s a cool looking frog monster I gotta say

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bet it runs like an absolute goober :3:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I don't care how good Honkai or Genshin is, gacha is bad and should be banned on general principle. This is from someone who plays FF14, and I vote
overruled

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You can't get the Rathalos mount in the free demo of FF14 and that's why it's a trash game. :colbert:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I saw i had to do 50 daily quests to unlock the goobbue mount??? That's when I knew it was time to cash out

I did it in Endwalker for this jellyfish

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I agree that gachas are bad, as someone who just picked up Master Duel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

so many FATEs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgpeXe6gSDc

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Another bullseye from the YouTube ad algorithm

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There are definitely worse ways to invest $1M than using it all on Genshin/Honkai pulls imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1320348682252935174?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

??? #4 isn't angry, he's just chill/traumatized

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wow, 47 hasn't looked like that in ages.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why would they post the same guy from different angles

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tag urself

I'm the bald one

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the dark days of 2012 when people demanded realistic faces but hair tech hadn't progressed enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This hobby really has a way of aging you because you'll be remembering a year like 2008 and think "oh 2008 wasn't that long ago, that's the year Obama got elected" and then you'll remember that video games backed then still looked like this: