Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

GolfHole posted:

IPO? lmfao

There has never been a good time for IPO though it’s clearly a goal. From spez’s point of view it’s now or never because AI chatbots are about to wreck the place and he can’t even make a plan to manage the risk because it’s new ground and totally unquantifiable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
reddit should merge with the blockchain for maximum synergies

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I do wonder if highlighting that some users can easily shut down the most popular communities on a whim could have any impact on the share price had reddit been public already.

Like, how much ad revenue did the mods of nba lose for reddit by being blacked out during the finals? I'd love to hear a financial tech expert talk about it from this angle.

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 15, 2023

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

moon demon posted:

reddit should merge with the blockchain for maximum synergies

Spez won't go for it cause he can't edit the blockchain, it's immutable.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

trouser chili posted:

Spez won't go for it cause he can't edit the blockchain, it's immutable.

getting him to buy into it would easy

sit down for this one spez... jailbait. on the blockchain.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

don't worry 2 clit lady is very real

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Over-under or side-by-side?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hardawn posted:

You can pay for her OF and find out.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
looks like we got an update to the front page, and what an update!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Reddit… has a front page?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Szechwan posted:

Im so sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the two dick guy was a fraud. I bought an account specifically to tell you this.

However there was a woman who proved she has two clits and backed it up with medical proof.

Hardawn posted:

In the thread she said over under.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

Holy poo poo finally

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer
Reddit just pushed out an update to their official app that completely broke loading subreddits or posts for me, even after a reinstall. I guess I’m done.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

reddit loving sucks y'all

welcome back to SA, you never should have left (maybe you should have left)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

teen witch posted:

whoa

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:five:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Thank you for the warm welcome and gently caress all of you as well.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

You can't just come in here and tell lies like this. We obey the laws of spacetime here.

Did I register the account a few days before the double dick question? Maybe. But only because I knew it was coming

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 15, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

teen witch posted:

It took three years and reddit's death throws to *checks notes* delete it entirely and redirect people to the forums lmfao

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol. Is that real?

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Szechwan posted:

Did I register the account a few days before the double dick question? Maybe. But only because I knew it was coming
For He is THE ORACLE and He has returned to preside over our new Golden Age!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Szechwan posted:

Any chance you are a former felon hoping to share his story of adapting to the life on the outside with a dead forgotten forum?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

steinrokkan posted:

Any chance you are a former felon hoping to share his story of adapting to the life on the outside with a dead forgotten forum?

Woah I just realized I can't find that thread. It was sketch but really entertaining. What happened?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Internet Old One posted:

Woah I just realized I can't find that thread. It was sketch but really entertaining. What happened?

died with the front page, rip

surc
Aug 17, 2004

They didn't delete it

astral posted:

Step two is done. You can access the frontpage, in the meantime, using the following links:

https://www.somethingawful.com/frontpage/
https://www.somethingawful.com/index.html (note: this one is subject to change in case we want to also temporarily redirect this one)

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Old One posted:

OP was a lyin goddamn snitch

(edit: not like totally lying but i can't remember the specifics, the guy was never actually posting though)

Konar fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 15, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

teen witch posted:

rest in piss cliff yablonski

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
You can still visit the frontpage here https://www.somethingawful.com/frontpage/ and the "Something Awful" link at the page still works.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can still visit the frontpage here https://www.somethingawful.com/frontpage/ and the "Something Awful" link at the page still works.

Thank you for including the less bright forum dwellers. Just because it’s hard for them to figure things out doesn’t mean they should be left behind.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Houle posted:

Didn't they fire her because they were too mean to James Corden (no such thing) or because they didn't ask enough questions about whatever stupid movie Woody Harrelson's assistant was trying to promote?

They probably were afraid that all the top ten celeb dunk on listicles were keeping away investor money from scientology or some poo poo.

But I'm pooping while I type this so maybe my opinion is dumb and I am duuuuuuuuuuuummmmb.

Well I know one thing, you’re no(longer)t full of poo poo!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hello new refugees from Reddit. I want to first say, suck the poop out of my butthole. I mean that aggressively and with hostile intent, but also with a friendly welcome tone. Most forums are safe to just start posting on. Comedy Goldmine is worth a gander for some of our better cultural achievements. Post Five Words In Here is a good GBS thread for people who are not quite confident in their posting but want to get their feet wet. Be warned, posting 5 words is hard and I’ve gotten many punishments for miscounting.

Also probably don’t post in D&D/CSPAM forums for the sake of your own mental health. Advanced Posting Techniques are needed and after 13 years of service I’ve only begun to learn the art of politics posting without accidental injury.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm glad Jeffrey is a preservationist. Way worse approaches could have been made to this place

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

don't forget to sign your posts

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

buglord posted:

Hello new refugees from Reddit. I want to first say, suck the poop out of my butthole. I mean that aggressively and with hostile intent, but also with a friendly welcome tone.

A proper SA welcome right here. As long as the ring is there too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Didn't we used to have a buddy system for newbs?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

new users should be forced into service as moderators for 4 years before they become a member in good standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

new users should be forced into service as moderators for 4 years before they become a member in good standing

I'm a new user