Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
i really think if the birthday boys had been on netflix or basically anywhere else it would be much more known culturally, it was just on a cable channel nobody had so nobody saw it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

indigi posted:

alright I'll put it on the list. I’m just surprised nobody talks about it much. like I've never sat down to watch WKUK but I've seen about ~10 of their sketches just through cultural osmosis

Yeah I think it didn't hit the popularity levels to have that kind of cultural awareness, but once you watch it you will be much more attuned to the extended cast of Doughboys and other related jokes and stories. There's definitely some good stuff that have become permanent in-jokes with my other Doughboys listening friends, like Woosh's "you're coooooool"

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
This is my favorite sketch of all time. https://vimeo.com/189041644

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://vimeo.com/120738459

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Hard to believe we are closer to Goldhoff and Steinstein getting married if they're both still single than we are to the airing of the sketch.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Goldhoff and Steinstein is one of my all-time favorite sketches

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol forgot about the ending to this one

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://vimeo.com/120210464

The stuff with the paparazzi's home life kills me, especially the ending. "That's right, I got enough money to get my lovely wife back! Not to mention: my lovely kid."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjTqrpOEwI

This one's also gold.

Anyways, how do YOU Freshy?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The ones where Bob Odenkirk tags in for a few sketches really remind you that he is like the best to ever do it.

Plus he mentions Mitch as September Santa in his autobiography!

Still odd they’ve never gotten Bob on the pod as he’s super nice & a friend of Mitch. Guessing he’s out of town a ton in New Mexico?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Poopy Palpy posted:

This is my favorite sketch of all time. https://vimeo.com/189041644
I've always been so curious about the genesis of this sketch. When I was in middle school, one of my friends brought milk in a Mountain Dew bottle for lunch one day, and it was such a bizarre thing to see that it stuck with me for years.

Anyway, here are two of my favorite Birthday Boy sketches. You can see where Mitch breaks his arm in the last shot of the first one, he's talked about that on Doughboys a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_oSD7bFow

https://vimeo.com/124380702

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have the clip where Mitch is a feral woodsman at a press conference?

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Does anyone have the clip where Mitch is a feral woodsman at a press conference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7DCntRB3pA

duomo fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 16, 2023

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

pro fuckin click

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm glad this thread of alive with Birthday Boys appreciation. Two great seasons of sketch comedy, all by a group of straight white men! Classic.

I recommend the Sloppy Boys podcast as well. I'm sure most the posters ITT are familiar with it if not active listeners. It's Jeff Dutton, Tim Kalpakis, and Mike Hanford reviewing a different cocktail each week. They don't have guests on very often so the vibe is very different than Doughboys, but it's a very chill podcast that is just goofy fun. Mitch's recent appearence was their best episode that I've heard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MokBa posted:

They don't have guests on very often so the vibe is very different than Doughboys, but it's a very chill podcast that is just goofy fun. Mitch's recent appearence was their best episode that I've heard.

And it gets goofier as the episodes go on and the drink of the week kicks in (For example: The episode with Mitch where they all do The Lineup at least once, and the last 15-20 minutes of the episode are Mitch trying to wrap it up while the Boys grow increasingly Sloppy and keep going off on goofy tangents.)

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Ring dong doringos

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i think about the family of dads a lot.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lmao, thanks. "Jesus, these channels are crazy" gets me every time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

And it gets goofier as the episodes go on and the drink of the week kicks in (For example: The episode with Mitch where they all do The Lineup at least once, and the last 15-20 minutes of the episode are Mitch trying to wrap it up while the Boys grow increasingly Sloppy and keep going off on goofy tangents.)

I think Mitch hanging out with the Birthday Boys or the Quincy Crew being in town for a week has destroyed more than one of his attempts at embracing diet & exercise.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

his attempts at embracing diet & exercise.

Siri what is the easiest thing in the world to accomplish

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
well y'know today's children are bigger than ever

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Plus he mentions Mitch as September Santa in his autobiography!

Still odd they’ve never gotten Bob on the pod as he’s super nice & a friend of Mitch. Guessing he’s out of town a ton in New Mexico?

I remember an early Doughboys where Mitch talked about telling Bob about the podcast. Bob's response was a mortified "why would you do that?"

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Was it Mitch or PFT who had to make a phone call to Bob right after his heart attack for a bit?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
PFT called Bob on the George Lucas Talk Show, for a bit where he was calling around giving a "you're welcome" to everyone who'd given him a special thanks credit. It looks like it happened a month after the heart attack, and was the first time they had spoken since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQ9yInHNDQ&t=759s

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sS2mPynJ8Y

I’m partial to this one. iirc Mitch broke the bed when they made this sketch and Fabio was immediately concerned for Mitch’s safety

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

Is the Birthday Boys show funny? I've never seen it, but more surprisingly I haven't even come across someone on twitter or here linking to one of their sketches, even though I'm in and around people who consume a lot of Birthday Boys-adjacent podcasts and shows. the only time I even hear their sketches talked about is on Doughboys

Literally one of the best shows of the last 10 years. Extremely excellent sketch.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
This week's episode, is the first time that I was completely fooled by Let Me Be Frank.

Hanford's clip of the unheard 400th episode was great too.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

hosed up that Hanford betrayed their trust by playing that clip. It was BRUTAL.

But seriously that was one of my favorite episodes ever. Hanford + Tami Sagher + Zach Cherry is a phenomenal guest combo.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jokymi posted:

This week's episode, is the first time that I was completely fooled by Let Me Be Frank.
Honestly, I've never not been fooled by it. I even figured it was coming based on the restaurant and it still got me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hearing Tami get fooled then realize what was happening brought me a lot of joy

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
now your dogs on a roll...
now ya chew what they told ya

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Wiger slightly messed up (saying “you ain’t no friend” instead of “you ain’t no lunch”) during You Ain’t Nothin But a Hot Dog. I need to join the doughscord so I can point this out repeatedly.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

But really, Zach Cherry is one of the best guests and probably the best new guest in a long time. His and Tami’s knowledge of the show really leads them to some funny jokes.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Do we love our boys spending ten minutes of the Gone Girl ep discussing Ben Affleck’s hog, then after moving on to another subject, Wiger circles back to discuss it more?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Do we love our boys spending ten minutes of the Gone Girl ep discussing Ben Affleck’s hog, then after moving on to another subject, Wiger circles back to discuss it more?

I’d rate it ten inches.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Tami is a ruthless bully and it’s pretty great.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amelia is such a dud

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Her dad sounds cool though

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Mitch throwing to the balcony for a cheap pop then Wiger informing him the balcony isn't seated is classic Mitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
How much of that is Mitch being a natural doof and how much of that is Mitch’s performative self? Where they meet is the art.