Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I'd like to congratulate WB on somehow threading the needle and making a film that both Snyderistas and Gunntras are rooting to see fail. That couldn't have been easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pirate Jet posted:

I'd like to congratulate WB on somehow threading the needle and making a film that both Snyderistas and Gunntras are rooting to see fail. That couldn't have been easy.

LIAR!!!!

https://twitter.com/theFlash/status/1669116911223820288

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Bogus Adventure posted:

So you're telling me it was all... for nothing???

Romero was the most insane Joker because he put his makeup on top of his moustache.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I felt compelled to make this. Is this anything?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"As of 6/13/23" haha

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

live with fruit posted:

I like how they throw in Supergirl from a movie no one liked or even saw. Who's that for?

If this is shade at the Helen Slater Supergirl movie, them's fightin words. :colbert:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mr. Apollo posted:

Romero was the most insane Joker because he put his makeup on top of his moustache.

It also makes him the best

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

How is Sasha Calle as Supergirl? Based on the bits and pieces of this crapfest I've seen through trailers, it looks like she's the only person there who gives a poo poo.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Jet posted:

I mean, he doesn’t, they licensed his likeness for a CGI-animated scene.

drat. That’s salt in the wound that is

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

live with fruit posted:

I like how they throw in Supergirl from a movie no one liked or even saw. Who's that for?

WB could've gotten me in the door with (living, consenting) Helen Slater, but they shoo'd me away with digital zombie Reeve.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

can someone explain the microwave stuff to me?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1669453835436187651?s=20

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

He probably rescues a kid by putting them in a microwave during a slo mo scene of him at super speed akin to the Quicksilver X Men films but someone reversed it so it looks like he’s going to cook a baby with a screaming nurse in the background versus taking the baby out of the micro wave

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

At one point I wondered whether the genuinely PS2 looking Henry Cavill was on purpose to avoid paying likeness rights.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Gatts posted:

He probably rescues a kid by putting them in a microwave during a slo mo scene of him at super speed akin to the Quicksilver X Men films but someone reversed it so it looks like he’s going to cook a baby with a screaming nurse in the background versus taking the baby out of the micro wave

i think it's actually not reversed: it's a loving indiana jones and the crystal skull reference

there's a bomb going off and he's putting the baby inside the microwave-shielded microwave

e: oops i misread your post a bit, we're saying the same thing

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

You’re kidding me. This can’t be real.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was the excuse I used in high school art when I couldn’t draw eyes.

“It’s for the effect!”

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

well why not posted:

The Flash had the munchies for a California Cheeseburger

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
oh, i'm sure some of the 'weird vfx' is stylistic choice. they're not what people are saying looks like poo poo, but some of the things in the movie look the way they're supposed to. as many as three of them, maybe

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Bogus Adventure posted:

How is Sasha Calle as Supergirl? Based on the bits and pieces of this crapfest I've seen through trailers, it looks like she's the only person there who gives a poo poo.

She does her job serviceably but her character isn’t given much to work with and any moments that could have had some impact like finding out baby Clark got killed by Zod don’t have any great weight to them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

someone find the Evan Dorkin Baby in the Microwave comic strip.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

team overhead smash posted:

She does her job serviceably but her character isn’t given much to work with and any moments that could have had some impact like finding out baby Clark got killed by Zod don’t have any great weight to them.

That sucks. I was hoping she would get more to do, but I guess that's the best-case scenario for this shitshow.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1669487976261328898

Could The Flash be the ET video game of superhero films?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bad CGI and all I enjoyed every minute of it.

The parts that had Keaton batman in it. The rest of the movie was bland as gently caress. Also the movie left me with a headache because Flash has the most annoying voice and dialogue. There is a moment where I thought the movie became self aware about how annoying the main character is and would find ways to have him talk less. Nope.

Shut the gently caress up Barry.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/IanTenacious/status/1669203829148065792?t=S5KgGw42hKYt7sL0Su6BIA&s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cats-level of face sloshing on Shannon

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although it definitely starts off that way with the baby thing.

The CG is hilarious, and I had to see it all to see what they actually did. They realized that CGing the OG people was going to look bad so they didn't even bother and made it so that EVERY time Barry saw an alternate universe, it looked like complete garbage so you thought it was an intentional artistic decision throughout that you can read into as opposed "we aren't getting it right, so gently caress it." I mean, you can death of the author and come up with some reason everything looks like plastic garbage meaning-wise, but it's not worth it in this case, imo.

edit: nah, that doesn't even work because the plastic babies and the dogs look like nonsense too.

Also, if you want to see the movie, just watch this segment from Teen Titans Go to the Movies instead because it has the exact same plot including the same Back to the Future references as well for the first half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZloDz2qn_I

And then this for the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY09EnD_Pak

Darko fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 16, 2023

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
That zod fight looks pretty bad

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gatts posted:

This is what happens, yes. Sadly.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's rote to say something looks like a video game, but these graphics are on par with the (admittedly, very impressive) in-engine cutscenes from Devil May Cry 5.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not posted:

It's rote to say something looks like a video game, but these graphics are on par with the (admittedly, very impressive) in-engine cutscenes from Devil May Cry 5.

It was bold of them to release it with the Tim Burton DLC on release

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Darko posted:

Also, if you want to see the movie, just watch this segment from Teen Titans Go to the Movies instead because it has the exact same plot including the same Back to the Future references as well for the first half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZloDz2qn_I

This is pretty funny in the context of that other multiverse movie out right now

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Darko posted:

lmao

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

koolkal posted:

This is pretty funny in the context of that other multiverse movie out right now

Yeah, I avoided any direct comparisons to that to not spoil that movie too. But the relationship and ideology between the protagonist and (final in the Flash since there are two) antagonist in that is literally flipped here.

There were some things I actually liked in this.They made sure to show you again, how the World Engine was literally crushing people in Metropolis and retconned that Barry was there failing at saving people just like Bruce in Beevis . And they double down on Zod killing thousands with the engines instead of trying to roll that back.

Also, I laughed when Supergirl was fighting Zod, she goes out of her way to save someone in the middle, and Zod just goes and blows them up anyway immediately. They did the opposite of what I expected when I saw they DBZ went to the desert and had Zod, Faora, and Nam Ekmtechbically kill even more people, and made sure to show you aren't gonna stop them from killing without killing them.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just posting this again because just lmao that it's technically in the movie

https://i.imgur.com/kHBKJ2C.mp4

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

This actually looks great lmfao

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Goddamn I'm hype as gently caress for JOSSTICE LEAGUE TWO.

I bought a ticket to Spider-Man and then snuck into this and this is the most correct take in the thread. Everything in this movie reminds me of Josstice League, from the editing to the tone to the color grading to the reused lasso gag. Characters are treated with the same gravitas (read: none,) the acting is tired and sluggish (this is the worst performance I've ever seen from Michael Shannon and Sasha Calle is, sorry, not good,) and I remember the '89 Batman theme way more than any individual song on the score, which I am beyond sick of hearing.

It's astounding that the main character of this film is the main comic relief of the Justice League who, halfway through the film, admits that he's not funny and is trying way too hard to be liked.

We also need to start talking about how multiverse movies don't understand how multiverse theory works (there are no "fixed points" that happen in every timeline) and how the moral of a lot of them lately seems to be "you have to uphold the status quo because every alternative is worse." (Yes, I know the new Spider-Man seems to be directly challenging that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
At this point I wonder if this is as low as they can go but in my heart I know the answer.